Speculation: Blues condition/training coach the NHL worst?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
We talked about this case in last night GDT with couple Blues members and they didn't turn down this point.

My friend told that couldn't those Blues players alarming bad injuryhistory be caused by bad training/condition coach fault. He asked could it be 'valid' reason for why we face so many injuries? I'm bit puzzled to be honest myself now why and what are reasons.

For exampl Jbo came for Blues and he played only half season and get injured while undertanding he got record for ironman career condition while he was at Calgary.

I'm just throwing these over here, Lehterä leg, Gunnarsson groin, Jbo groin, Schwartz leg, Ott hamstring, Shattery abdominal muscle?, Pietro knee, Tarasenko leg, Oshie, Berglund, Allen, I just could go on and on for long as Perron etc.

But main is you guys get the point, ofc there is bad luck injuries, but could there be some reason why Blues players are most of time in injuryreserved and their condition/training coach Nelson Ayette isn't doing his job correctly? Or are our players neglect restorative exercise, generall fitness exercise?

'Cus tbh I'm running out for good reasons why our players are like made in glass.

What you guys think about what are reasons why most of our players are so easily injured?

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
No. Getting thrown into the boards and landing on your shoulder and injuring it is not indicative of the training staff. Same situation with all the other injuries. Maybe I'd buy this argument if people kept reinjuring the same area on innocuous plays or something, but that is not the case. It's bad luck

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
A lot of those injuries don't have anything to do with conditioning.

Steen got hit hard into the boards, Schwartz fell into a post, Ott was forced to do the splits, Pietrangelo took a knee-on-knee, etc.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Ranksu, the last time you brought this up you also mentioned Perron...who was out with a freaking concussion.

I think the Bouwmeester and Gunnarsson injuries are the only ones we know enough about to think they may be impacted by the strength and conditioning approach, and Gunnarsson was recovering from surgery.

I don't see how anyone that watched those injuries occur could say with a straight face that a different training regimen would have prevented the others (Pietro, Schwartz, Allen, etc).

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Ranksu, the last time you brought this up you also mentioned Perron...who was out with a freaking concussion.

I think the Bouwmeester and Gunnarsson injuries are the only ones we know enough about to think they may be impacted by the strength and conditioning approach, and Gunnarsson was recovering from surgery.

I don't see how anyone that watched those injuries occur could say with a straight face that a different training regimen would have prevented the others (Pietro, Schwartz, Allen, etc).

I just wanted hear you guys opinion, 'cus now I can close this case about with my friend. Thank you.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The Blues usually don't have this bad of injuries. If we are talking teams that seem to always be badly injured every year, Detroit is certainly up there.

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
I dont think there is an argument to be made that conditioning is the cause for these injuries.
however i do think that conditioning could be a problem. it might explain our poor 3rd periods, and poor playoffs. if our guys are focusing too much on strength and not enoguh on endurance they would be gassed at the end of games and when the schedule compacts.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Someone tried arguing that conditioning was the deciding factor in the Wild series. I laughed, they stared at me, and I continued laughing.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
No, our S&C coach is one of the best in the league. Nelson Ayotte is the guy's name.
http://blues.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=34386

"He is recognized as one of the top sports performance training coaches in the world and is a level five of the National Canadian Coaching Program which is the highest level. Out of one million coaches, only 76 have finished the program since 1974."

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
No, our S&C coach is one of the best in the league. Nelson Ayotte is the guy's name.
http://blues.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=34386

"He is recognized as one of the top sports performance training coaches in the world and is a level five of the National Canadian Coaching Program which is the highest level. Out of one million coaches, only 76 have finished the program since 1974."

I was wondering if I had actually to wait until page 2 to see this.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Someone tried arguing that conditioning was the deciding factor in the Wild series. I laughed, they stared at me, and I continued laughing.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
If you play like you don't care, or you're being paid to lose, it doesn't matter if you're in peak condition or smoking 10 packs of cigarettes a day. The difference won't matter. In all but Game 4 The Blues were just going through the motions at half speed. They could have done THAT after 6 months of no skating and after smoking 10 packs of cigarettes a day.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
If you play like you don't care, or you're being paid to lose, it doesn't matter if you're in peak condition or smoking 10 packs of cigarettes a day. The difference won't matter. In all but Game 4 The Blues were just going through the motions at half speed. They could have done THAT after 6 months of no skating and after smoking 10 packs of cigarettes a day.

Yeah, but they coached girl's basketball, and made sure I knew it. That trumps any argument I can muster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad