Proposal: Blues Blow Up

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
To Rangers: Tarasenko, Barbashev, 2020 2nd

To STL: Skjei, Andersson, Kreider

-----

To Toronto: Pietrangelo, Schenn (50% retained)

To STL: Kapanen, Liljegren, Johnsson, 2019 1st, 2020 1st, conditional 2021 1st (if Leafs make Stanley Cup Finals in either 2019 or 2020, the Blues get the 2021 pick)

-----

To Carolina: Steen, Perron, and Allen

To STL: Darling, Faulk , Pesce

Guaranteeing a top 4 draft pick this year, the blues could add potentially add Jack Hughes or Kappo Kakko to a U22 forward pool of Thomas, Kyrou, Kapanen, Fabbri, Kostin, Bokk, and Andersson.

They would still have Schwartz, ROR and Bozak

Their right side would consist of Parayko/Pesce/Faulk until Lilly was ready to replace Faulk.

Their left side would consist of Edmundson, Skjei and Dunn.

At the end of this season, they could make offers to Simmonds, Duchene and Dzingel to round out their forward group

Mini-rebuild that ends up with them having a top end draft pick this year, and enough NHL ready kids and cap space to not be a bottom feeder next year.

no on the rangers deal

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
To Mtl : 2019 STL 1rst round Pick
To STL : 2019 Mtl 1rst round Pick, 2019 Col 2nd round Pick, Joni Ikonen (2nd round Pick in 2018 )
We don't have a 1st round pick to allocate in 2019. It is already spoken for as a top 10 protected and the only way this could come into play is after the season is over and draft order is established. Don't see why the Blues would entertain this right now.

Marc Bergevin

Nov 2, 2018
Quebec
We don't have a 1st round pick to allocate in 2019. It is already spoken for as a top 10 protected and the only way this could come into play is after the season is over and draft order is established. Don't see why the Blues would entertain this right now.
But even before the draft this trade would be very good for STL and this trade the Blues are the seller and MTL the buyer so we are giving a little more...

But I have an other proposal
To Stl : Price, 2nd round pick 2019
To MTL : Jake Allen, 2019 first round pick, edmunston

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
But even before the draft this trade would be very good for STL and this trade the Blues are the seller and MTL the buyer so we are giving a little more...

yeah nah

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

Both your proposals are horrible for St. Louis. Our 2019 pick is spoken for, it is not available for trade. Either it is going to Buffalo or we will keep it and use our first top 10 pick since Pietrangelo in 2008.

Also, EDMUNDSON is not some throw in for a goalie making 10 mill.

Marc Bergevin

Nov 2, 2018
Quebec
Both your proposals are horrible for St. Louis. Our 2019 pick is spoken for, it is not available for trade. Either it is going to Buffalo or we will keep it and use our first top 10 pick since Pietrangelo in 2008.

Also, EDMUNDSON is not some throw in for a goalie making 10 mill.
You don't know the value of Price apparently... your GM would accept this for sure... because you STL FANS thinks that you will get Price for Maroon LOL

You’ve probably heard of the Carey Price trade talk right? The Tim and Sid Twitter account tweeted out something about it – which was later deleted – in that the Montreal Canadiens and the St. Louis Blues may have had a deal in the works. Apparently, it would’ve had Price going to St. Louis with Jake Allen, Robert Thomas, and a first-round pick.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
The Rangers are rebuilding so the trade for Tarasenko makes no sense, and if we were suddenly pivoting to contender that does 0 to fix our absolutely putrid defense.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I wonder if St.Louis would be down for a trade built around this;

Nylander (6x6.9)
2019 1st

For

Pietro (handshake deal - 7x7)

I doubt AP would sign for 7 mil but that's the only way it makes sense for TO.

Forget it being conditional on AP signing at 7x7.

Here's what it should be (in terms of cap hits for next year)
Nylander ($7m x 5 years)
2020 2nd Round Pick (Becomes 1st if Leafs win the Cup in either 19 or 20)

for

Pietrangelo w/ $2m retained (1 yr @ 4.5m)
2021 2nd Round Pick - If Pietrangelo doesn't resign with the Leafs and they don't win the cup in the next 2 years.

From Toronto's POV:
-If they win the cup, long term, it cost them Nylander and their 2021 First. I think they'd take that.
-If they don't win the cup, but sign Pietrangelo long term, he cost them Nylander and a 2nd.
-If they don't win the cup, and can't sign Pietrangelo, the shot at the cup cost them Nylander and a deferring of a 2nd round pick.

I think they take that bet.

From St. Louis perspective, they get Nylander regardless, with no potential long term deal they may regret. Based on what Toronto does, they'll end up with anything from a 1st, 2nd, or swap of 2nds (moving up a year) as well.

With Pietrangelo at $4.5m, the Leafs could do a ton of damage in the playoffs this year and next. Ultimately, Toronto will certainly come out ahead in the next 2 years, with St. Louis certainly coming out ahead in years 3 and beyond.

Last edited:

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
You don't know the value of Price apparently... your GM would accept this for sure... because you STL FANS thinks that you will get Price for Maroon LOL

You’ve probably heard of the Carey Price trade talk right? The Tim and Sid Twitter account tweeted out something about it – which was later deleted – in that the Montreal Canadiens and the St. Louis Blues may have had a deal in the works. Apparently, it would’ve had Price going to St. Louis with Jake Allen, Robert Thomas, and a first-round pick.

Lol we are for sure NOT hoping we get Price and his massive contract for a 1.75 mil AAV expiring contract.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He’s also going to want massive money and that is something the team won’t have in two years.

Pietrangelo to Toronto is something that can’t happen until July, when TOR can agree to an extension with Piet.

If Kapanen/Johnsson and Piet are going to STL, and Piet doesn’t ask for much of a raise on his 6.whatever he makes now, as long as we give him the full term, than it could work.

However, if Piet is wanting to cash in and get 9, 10, 11 million territory, then it wouldn’t work at all.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

Name checks out. :laugh:

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111

Brutal trade for St. Louis in terms of cap and length with not even retention for helping out MTL. No thank you. And I'm still angry with you throwing that puck in our own net :laugh:

SC29681

Dec 28, 2016
Because he’ll likely want upwards of 6-7 million a year. The team can’t afford that

Marner 8-9 maybe more
Matthews 11
Tavares 11
Nylander 6.9

You add Pieto in there plus Rielly will be up in a few years and it’s a severe problem

Then give us Marner instead of Nylander.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

I'll bite. Can you enlighten us on the true value of a 10 million dollar goalie with a .902% and 2.9 Gaa?

Blues fans - when he's done, I've got a 2.59 GAA .912% goalie I'd be willing to trade on a sub 3 million expiring contract.

Weiss1604

Mar 27, 2017
Wales
Forget it being conditional on AP signing at 7x7.

Here's what it should be (in terms of cap hits for next year)
Nylander ($7m x 5 years)
2020 2nd Round Pick (Becomes 1st if Leafs win the Cup in either 19 or 20)

for

Pietrangelo w/ $2m retained (1 yr @ 4.5m)
2021 2nd Round Pick - If Pietrangelo doesn't resign with the Leafs and they don't win the cup in the next 2 years.

From Toronto's POV:
-If they win the cup, long term, it cost them Nylander and their 2021 First. I think they'd take that.
-If they don't win the cup, but sign Pietrangelo long term, he cost them Nylander and a 2nd.
-If they don't win the cup, and can't sign Pietrangelo, the shot at the cup cost them Nylander and a deferring of a 2nd round pick.

I think they take that bet.

From St. Louis perspective, they get Nylander regardless, with no potential long term deal they may regret. Based on what Toronto does, they'll end up with anything from a 1st, 2nd, or swap of 2nds (moving up a year) as well.

With Pietrangelo at $4.5m, the Leafs could do a ton of damage in the playoffs this year and next. Ultimately, Toronto will certainly come out ahead in the next 2 years, with St. Louis certainly coming out ahead in years 3 and beyond.
Somebody is trying far too hard , just let it go , no shame in that .

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
If STL decides to blow it up they could get a good return on many players, however OPs proposals are in fantasy land and have the blues getting about 2x what they actually would in any deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad