Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ Blackhawks: Tying for First- 7pm NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I'm sure we're all familiar with the situation. Blues need a win to move back into a tie for first. Chicago's slim hopes of a playoff berth were finally put to rest, so they'll be trying to play spoiler. So hopefully no replays of this:
JointJaggedFlies-size_restricted.gif

Projected Lineups

:blues

Schenn - O'Reilly - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Sundqvist - Perron
Maroon - Bozak - Thomas
Sanford - Barbashev - Steen

Dunn - Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester - Parayko
Gunnarsson - Bortuzzo

Binnington

:hawks
Saad-Toews-Caggiula
Debrincat-Anisimov-Kane
Perlini-Strome-Kahun
Kunitz-Kampf-Kruger

Keith-Gustafsson
Forsling-Seabrook
Dahlstrom-Murphy

Crawford

Go Blues!
giphy.gif

KindGiddyAmberpenshell-small.gif

upload_2019-4-3_7-54-24.jpeg

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I need a gif of that goal Schwartz scored on Crawford last year. Faked the shot, Crawford came way out to challenge, and Schwartz just walked past him and put it in the empty net.

Also Mike Weaver's hit on Patrick Sharp is always fun to watch.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I hope the Blues feel like they have unfinished business here. They let Chicago look like the better team early in the year. They let Chicago steal that crucial point last year to set up the Colorado game as the decider. They’re hated rival. And I doubt Nashville loses again, so there may not be a margin for error if they want to win the division. It really is a big game.

I have a feeling we’ll see a great Blues performance tonight. How would that be to have a 3-way tie for the division!

Reactions: Bendak

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Saad-Toews-Caggiula
Debrincat-Anisimov-Kane
Perlini-Strome-Kahun
Kunitz-Kampf-Kruger

Keith-Gustafsson
Forsling-Seabrook
Dahlstrom-Murphy

Crawford

That's actually not that bad of a lineup. Not good, but not as bad as I thought.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
What does everyone think about Dunn playing with Pietrangelo? Is this a duo that can stick together throughout the playoffs?

Dunn was benched earlier this year(IIRC) because of sloppy play. However, his game has done a complete 180 and he is playing much better. But is he good enough defensively to play at 5 on 5 with Petro against Seguin, Scheifele, Hertl, Stone, etc in the playoffs?

We aren't breaking up Parayko/JBO anytime soon so I guess it'll have to be Dunn, Gunnar, or Edmundson at 1 LHD in the postseason.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Saad-Toews-Caggiula
Debrincat-Anisimov-Kane
Perlini-Strome-Kahun
Kunitz-Kampf-Kruger

Keith-Gustafsson
Forsling-Seabrook
Dahlstrom-Murphy

Crawford

That's actually not that bad of a lineup. Not good, but not as bad as I thought.

They'd be in the playoffs with ease if Keith, Seabrook, and Crawford were 4 years younger.

They have plenty of offensive firepower. The Hawk's defense is just terrible, though. And they no longer have two stud D-men and Hjalmarsson to mask how bad their 4, 5, 6 d-men are.

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
Saad-Toews-Caggiula
Debrincat-Anisimov-Kane
Perlini-Strome-Kahun
Kunitz-Kampf-Kruger

Keith-Gustafsson
Forsling-Seabrook
Dahlstrom-Murphy

Crawford

Pretty certain Ward is in over Crawford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad