Confirmed with Link: Blues add 6 depth players

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Walker set-up one of the biggest goals in Capitals history. Caught Brassard flat footed at the blue line and maintained a gap all the way around the back of the net to feed Chiasson.

It was a story of bizarre asset management for the Caps handling of Walker, but ultimately he couldn't quite catch on at the NHL level and hold his roster spot in Washington (or Edmonton for that matter). We knew he was moving on to look for an NHL opportunity elsewhere. Great motor, good skating, decent hands, and has killed penalties at lower levels. But he doesn't have ideal NHL size or puck protection, and it's not clear he can handle the pace of the game on a nightly basis in the NHL.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Pouliot is on board as the Butler replacement.
Are we sure? He played 133 games with Canucks last 2 years. Interestingly, that is same number as Edmundson played for Blues. And numbers are almost identical. Not saying he is as good as JE, but he has look of a #7D. Still think dealing JE is reasonable expectation.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Veeerrryyy tidy bit of business for San Antonio here today. Vechionne especially has some untapped potential. Pouliot a former #8 pick who never met expectations, but can anchor San Antonio’s power play. Lappin is a pretty decent injury call-up, and otherwise a good leader to have in the minors. Walker is also a great story, and will he not only a fan favorite in San Antonio, but will also be a very strong locker room presence. Polei is a guy we checked out in prospect camp and Traverse City many moons ago. Then Piccinich, Nastusiak, and Darcy have strong backgrounds, and could benefit the Rampage in depth roles.

Very, very tidy. I’m a happy camper.

Reactions: JoshFromMO

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Are we sure? He played 133 games with Canucks last 2 years. Interestingly, that is same number as Edmundson played for Blues. And numbers are almost identical. Not saying he is as good as JE, but he has look of a #7D. Still think dealing JE is reasonable expectation.
He's more of a low-end Dunn replacement if Dunn is ever out of the lineup. It's a 2-way deal, which doesn't make him waiver exempt, but means he isn't making NHL salary in the minors. It's a Butler replacement, a better one IMO. He's a #8 on a good team.

Reactions: Brian39

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I'd guess that Pouliot is being brought in to do what we hoped Jeřábek would do last season, be a high end PMD in the AHL and a good call up option.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'd guess that Pouliot is being brought in to do what we hoped Jeřábek would do last season, be a high end PMD in the AHL and a good call up option.
Yeah, I think that's something that we've been searching for, specifically a LHD.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Seriously, you guys don't want him anywhere near your NHL lineup. He wasn't good enough to be a depth guy on a bad defensive group last year, and has absolutely zero hockey sense in his own zone. Decent guy for the AHL but if you're expecting him to be serviceable, even in an emergency situation, you're begging for disappointment.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
This reminds me of when I play Be a GM Mode in the NHL games, have my stacked roster already set and just use the first few days of free agency to find guys rated 79-80 who are like 24 but still eligible for ELCs because the computer doesn't understand how to manage contracts at all.

None of this is likely to have a huge impact on the fate of the NHL club, but I like that Army took his pick of the AHL litter while other GMs heaved stupid money at UFAs.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Good to see a lot of bodies with NHL experience being signed for the SA roster. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see more signings after some of the AHL/NHL tweeners start looking for PTOs after striking out on one way deals.

Dude that was two weeks ago
giphy.gif

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Mmmmm Jake Dotchin I’m not stoked about, but if he can grow up and decide he wants to be an NHL player, it could be decent value.

For those that don’t remember, he’s the guy that got axed out of his contract by TBL two years ago because he showed up to camp too fat.

Edit: but yet another Owen Sound graduate. Played at the same time as Binnington and Nastasiuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->