Confirmed with Link: Blues acquire Gunnarsson & 2014 4th (Ville Husso) for Polák

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
Don't really see what Armstrong is thinking as we now have a hole on the right side. We Still have Leopold, Jackman, Bouwmeester and Cole on the left. Now we added Gunner. Seems like a bad move unless there is a follow up trade coming.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Don't really see what Armstrong is thinking as we now have a hole on the right side. We Still have Leopold, Jackman, Bouwmeester and Cole on the left.

Leopold and Cole are equally capable on the right side.

Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Gunnarsson - Shattenkirk
Jackman - Leopold/Cole

That's a pretty big improvement.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
This feels like a steal to me. We wanted a match for Kirk, and we got him.

SirPaste

Jun 30, 2010
STL
Cole can play the right side. Im thinking JBow - Petro Gunnar - Shatty Jackman - Cole, unless there is another move

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Don't really see what Armstrong is thinking as we now have a hole on the right side. We Still have Leopold, Jackman, Bouwmeester and Cole on the left. Now we added Gunner. Seems like a bad move unless there is a follow up trade coming.

It gets Jackman off the second pairing, and gives Shattenkirk a pretty damn solid partner. Cole is ready to take over full time in the top six, and he's capable of playing the right side.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Yeah, I think this is our partner for Shatty. I'll miss Roman, but I think this is a solid deal for us. Cole can play right side if needed, as can Leopold. Not sure about Gunnarson.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Armstrong said he wanted a partner for Shatty. Gunnar fits in pretty well IMO.

Scion

May 25, 2012
Gunnarsson is not the same player he used to be, his hip injury has robbed him of his mobility, and he handles the puck like a grenade under pressure. On the plus side he can eat big minutes, and play well on the PK.

What is the book on Polak?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Can you tell me about Polak please? Everyone is bemoaning this, but i'd like to hear it from y'all :)

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Can you tell me about Polak please? Everyone is bemoaning this, but i'd like to hear it from y'all :)

Very big, strong, and fast. Tremendous athlete who is very strong positionally on defense. However, he lacks the ability to make the first pass. He has a rocket of a shot that is about as accurate as Fulton Reeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad