Prospect Info: Blues 2021 draft

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Another nice pick by the shitbirds in Del Mastro. :thumbd:

Couple that with selecting Victor Stjernborg a couple of picks later. That's real good value for the 4th round.

EDIT: also, Lukashevich to the Panthers. Very underrated prospect, could turn out to be a huge steal if he is able to fill out his frame... which is a real must.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Ofcourse... The Lightning trades up to pick the small technical guy with Duke. Typical Lightning pick.
Yeah the rich get richer. Another real nice pick up for them. I'm sure they'll develop Duke into a top 6 forward, as usual. :eyeroll:

Reactions: Ranksu

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
As we are just a few picks away for our turn, some interesting players left:

Francesco Arcuri C
Bryce Montgomery RD
Ryan Mast RD
Jacob Guévin RD
Ty Voit: LW
Josh Roy: C
Joe Vrbetic G
Aleksi Malinen LD
Peter Reynolds C
Ty Gallagher RD

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I was proven SOOO wrong yesterday and today, but if they seriously don't pick a defenseman, they are stupid.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Tyson Galloway, welcome to St. Louis!

EDIT: 6'4 214lbs defender from the WHL...definitely seems like a Bluesy pick haha (not in a bad way necessarily)

Looks like his scoring increased a lot this past shortened season. Hopefully we look back on this pick and wonder how he fell this far.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Purely looking at his stats on EP, he looks like a bit of late bloomer who would have gone higher in a regular season if he had played a full season in the WHL. Split 2019-20 between the BCHL and the WHL, scored at a much higher pace this past shortened season in the WHL, etc.

"The skating translates to rush defence, where Galloway usually drives the puck-carrier to the perimeter before pivoting and erasing them along the boards. Lots of off-puck activation with some in-motion passes and give-and-go-type plays." -EliteProspects 2021 NHL Draft Guide

Reactions: Mike Liut

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Purely looking at his stats on EP, he looks like a bit of late bloomer who would have gone higher in a regular season if he had played a full season in the WHL. Split 2019-20 between the BCHL and the WHL, scored at a much higher pace this past shortened season in the WHL, etc.

"The skating translates to rush defence, where Galloway usually drives the puck-carrier to the perimeter before pivoting and erasing them along the boards. Lots of off-puck activation with some in-motion passes and give-and-go-type plays." -EliteProspects 2021 NHL Draft Guide

Please tell me we just grabbed another Parayko.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I'm happy with the Galloway pick. He's got good size at 6-4, 214 and he's a decent skater. He can produce some offence, as well. Looks like a decent upside. Glad they took a defenceman after 2 forwards.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
We did take Galloway a lot higher than his rankings would suggest. He was ranked as high as #151 but came into the draft in the 160s by Central Scouting.

My guess is the Blues like him and decided to draft him early since we gave up our 6th rounder in the trade up for Robertsson today

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

The part about rushing the puck carrier reminds me of Faulk. The rest, not so much.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Please tell me we just grabbed another Parayko.
Haha I think every big dman can sound like Parayko in a scouting report. Truth is he's a 5th round pick who probably never makes the NHL, but who knows!

sbkbghockey

Aug 26, 2008
at the ice rink, USA
Haha I think every big dman can sound like Parayko in a scouting report. Truth is he's a 5th round pick who probably never makes the NHL, but who knows!

Galloway is a LONGSHOT, big and physical like the Blues like but other than rushes, lacks in offensive zone production and also seems to consistently have D-zone lapses, loses battles, and turns the puck over for extended DZ time. Typically 5th rounders are longshots but this year there's players that slipped due to the OHL not playing. I wish the Blues took a chance on a player that went soon after like the Leafs taking Ty Voit at 153. An early projected high 2nd rounder who fell to a 70s ranked player on many draft boards. Simply because he hasn't played an OHL game since March 2020.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
This draft was deep with defencemen. Galloway played well in The WHL this season. He's young. Let's see how he developes over the next 4 years. Let's hope he's got a lot of ambition to be the best player he can be, and he gets good coaching, and works hard at it. He's got good size, can skate well for a D-Man, and started to hit his scoring stride. I'd guess he has a decent shot at eventually making The NHL. He looks like a late-bloomer.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Sigh... there goes Ryan Mast. Boston is getting a good one. Wish we would've picked him at 145.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I haven't been able to watch today, but I just looked at our picks. I like the Robertsson pick a good bit. I don't know much at all about Galloway. I am disappointed that he is a lefty since our entire defensive pool is lefties. Only a minor complaint though, as you got to take BPA. If the scouts thought he was BPA, then its good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->