Blues #1 goaltender race Allen vs. Johnson vs. Husso?

Blues #1 goaltender?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
I'm a little embarrassed I voted for an AHLer (currently) to be our starter. But after last year, let's shake things up! Let's also let all the kids and only new guys run the PP, couldn't hurt.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Who it #1? Who it should be #1? Who it will be #1 at the end of the season? 3 different questions with potentially 3 different answers. What are you asking?

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Not gonna vote until the rest of the team can fix themselves. Just what we need to do, throw Husso into this hell hole and screw up his development.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Hmm 2 of the 3 has actually played in an NHL regular season game. I’d go with one of those.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
It'll either be Jake or the fourth guy that Ranksu failed to make an option for. No way Jake is leaving unless he is shipped out for another starting goalie. Nice try, Ranksu.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Who is #1? Who should be #1? Who will be #1 at the end of the season? 3 different questions with potentially 3 different answers. What are you asking?

Well with no guidance given...

Who is #1? Obviously Allen. The off-season moves, the interviews from Army and Yeo, everything points to giving Allen a legit chance. It will take a very poor performance over a lot of games to dislodge him now.

Who should be #1? Still Jake. We should have made a move to give ourselves a better option but that time is past. Jake is the only one with the skills and experience to be a #1. Husso doesn't need the pressure at this point. Johnson doesn't have the skills.

Who will it be? Husso eventually. Husso needs 40+ games in the AHL and 10 or so in the NHL for 50+ total this season. That will give him a starter's workload and NHL games. If he handles those, he can be lined up for next year as the 1a or 1b to Allen. If Jake struggles this year and Johnson is good, then give it to Johnson while still grooming Husso properly. But regardless of our NHL situation, I do not deviate much from that plan with Husso, unless Husso is just lights out in his 10 NHL games. I doubt we are winning a cup with a rookie Husso, so just call the season a loss if you can't snag a goalie in trade.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I vote when I know more, but thread is up is more important and we can discuss it. See how this #1 goaltender case progress while seeson goes.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
It's Allen's net this year. The Blues have said that multiple times. Like him or not he is the guy, with 3 years (counting this one) on his contract left the Blues have a plan in place for him and his successor.

Now in a year or two down the road....
2huhHsJ.gif

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
I don’t want Husso to be the starter, that would mean the Rampage are stuck with either Jake/Binnington or Johnson/Binnington. Why would you wish that on the Rampage??? First year AHL affiliates, please don’t screw them over the first year, lol!! <sarc>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->