Proposal: BlueJackets----Rangers

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
So athletes are not loyal to their teams and sometimes want to move on. Got ya. How is this news to fans of the Blue Jackets? Two Jackets captains have requested trades, and that's just the beginning. Maybe you Isles fans could have used advice from Columbus, there's nothing shocking here for Jackets fans.

okay then, if youre aware of this and are fine with however things turnout, thats fine. I have no problem admiting that most Islander fans were traumatized by the experience, because we believed in Tavares, Now we know better, but last season we didnt.

good luck and aplogize for offending you. it wasnt meant to be a negative comment just another perspective

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
okay then, if youre aware of this and are fine with however things turnout, thats fine. I have no problem admiting that most Islander fans were traumatized by the experience, because we believed in Tavares, Now we know better, but last season we didnt.

good luck and aplogize for offending you. it wasnt meant to be a negative comment just another perspective

I'm not offended but I don't at all understand how you think these two situations are similar. Panarin and Tavares have said utterly different things to the media. It won't be a surprise to anyone when Panarin isn't a Jacket next year. There's no lesson to be learned for Jackets fans from the Tavares situation.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm not offended but I don't at all understand how you think these two situations are similar. Panarin and Tavares have said utterly different things to the media. It won't be a surprise to anyone when Panarin isn't a Jacket next year. There's no lesson to be learned for Jackets fans from the Tavares situation.
But we're not trading him for anything we can get, so therefore we're obviously dangerously naive in believing that he's going to stay because really all those other explanations people keep giving for why it's somehow "worth it" to not trade him him and let him walk must be nonsense. I mean, that's letting him walk. You don't do that. It's bad. It's always bad. Everyone knows that, right?

:) :eyeroll:

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
But we're not trading him for anything we can get, so therefore we're obviously dangerously naive in believing that he's going to stay because really all those other explanations people keep giving for why it's somehow "worth it" to not trade him him and let him walk must be nonsense. I mean, that's letting him walk. You don't do that. It's bad. It's always bad. Everyone knows that, right?

:) :eyeroll:
except i never said you should trade him youre assuming facts not in evidence, and holding Me accountable for the words of others. i even said if your going for the cup you should keep them. I just said that there is a different dynamic among players these days. I never once said you should trade them. I only said you cant take them at their word anymore.
if you cant see the difference thats your problem not mine. personally I think youre just upset they are leaving and your taking it out on me.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think Tavares's situation has nothing to do with Panarin's. Tavares's decision was close. Real close. You change something like the Islanders making the playoffs and extending the front office rather than committing to a lengthy rebuild and it is likely he stays just like Stamkos the year before.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
except i never said you should trade him youre assuming facts not in evidence, and holding Me accountable for the words of others. i even said if your going for the cup you should keep them. I just said that there is a different dynamic among players these days. I never once said you should trade them. I only said you cant take them at their word anymore.
if you cant see the difference thats your problem not mine. personally I think youre just upset they are leaving and your taking it out on me.
No, I'm upset that people keep bringing up John ****ing Tavares as though the Islanders' situation has anything to do with our situation.

We don't need the concept of unrestricted free agency explained to us, okay? We've had players string us out only to walk before.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
No, I'm upset that people keep bringing up John ****ing Tavares as though the Islanders' situation has anything to do with our situation.

We don't need the concept of unrestricted free agency explained to us, okay? We've had players string us out only to walk before.

okay, enjoy it when it happens to you then, with your attitude, I wont waste my time feeling bad for you

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I think Tavares's situation has nothing to do with Panarin's. Tavares's decision was close. Real close. You change something like the Islanders making the playoffs and extending the front office rather than committing to a lengthy rebuild and it is likely he stays just like Stamkos the year before.
crede thats the point, nothing would have changed his mind, he spent the entire year lying. if he hadnt he would have been traded, I feel bad for columbus fans because they re being done wrong through no fault of their own, just like we were, I never expected to be bashed because I understood how it feels, but some of you Not you or monk, took that sympathy as criticism, why I dont know.

Like I said I have no issues with players leaving as free agents. They earned the right. But be honest about it. The team is still paying you all season. to me stringing a team along is wrong. Misleading the fans who supported you just because you dont want to be inconvenienced by a trade isn't professional. You expect to be paid for your final season. So the player should be honest

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
okay, enjoy it when it happens to you then
You're obviously not seeing what folks are saying, if this is your rejoinder. Literally nothing about nothing to do with this discussion is based on some hope that he'll stay. Virtually none of us think he's staying. You're trying to apply the Islanders situation where it seemed like there was a good chance he'd stay. We're not that naive. The pushback isn't because we think he's going to stay - it's because having a year of Panarin is still of high value as a "go for it" move, and we can afford that because we are a better team.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The BlueJackets. Already one of the top 2 or 3 U-25 groups in the league. They don't need more picks, they need to try to win now.

Not saying you should be forced to take picks.
Just saying that is currency which may be most readily available.

A quality player or combo less than Panarin [discounted as a rental] is a net loss for you.
Quality player(s) worth more P? okay, but that is an overpay by your trade partner. How likely is that? Possible but not probable.

Also, trade partner wants to ADD to a formidable roster for cup run, not swap coke for pepsi break even; there has to be upside.

You are likely to be disappointed if you insist on certain quality of P for certain quality of player X.

With a pick, there is a risk factor of guessing wrong, but there is potential up to that point.

Given all of this you should either keep Panarin for the run, or at some point, move for picks and an interesting player/prospect or 2 which has issues, but also upside to possibly overcome them.

Good luck.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

It wasn't close at all.
You had a team that had a superstar that their GM failed to build around for years.
Who in their right mind would want to stay and live groundhog day every season or go to where they grew up and play for their favorite team?
It seems everyone outside of Long Island knew Tavares was leaving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->