AHL: Blueger

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
It's fun to read how people assumes that Blueger will re-sign with a team which hasn't given the opportunity to prove himself. Well sure, there's always a probability that he will re-sign and we don't know his thoughts about all of this but let's wait trade deadline.
The big if is, will he play a NHL game for Pens before trade deadline? If he doesn't plays I don't believe he re-signs, if he plays it could indicate a possible trade or a sweet little gesture that we're counting with you but in next season.
My hopes are for trade.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's fun to read how people assumes that Blueger will re-sign with a team which hasn't given the opportunity to prove himself. Well sure, there's always a probability that he will re-sign and we don't know his thoughts about all of this but let's wait trade deadline.
The big if is, will he play a NHL game for Pens before trade deadline? If he doesn't plays I don't believe he re-signs, if he plays it could indicate a possible trade or a sweet little gesture that we're counting with you but in next season.
My hopes are for trade.
More or less what I feel as well.

It's at a point where if you don't give him a game this season, the chances of him signing are about as good as Bill Guerin suddenly being good at his job.

Reactions: OscarsCards

Krispy

Sep 12, 2017
Riga, Latvia
He is 25, why would he possibly want to re-sign with a team that doesn't really count on him? Best chance for him is either trade or moving to Europe. Anything but this organization.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
No guarantee another NHL club puts him in. It is a gamble for any player to be that old and not have NHL experience.

He could likely make more on an average AHL contract than any Euro league (outside of KHL). I could see him stay in NA another 5 years then play a few more back 'home.'

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
My hopes are for trade.

Well he already said in a recent interview he’s frustrated, so that’s a little concerning.

It can’t be easy for him to work his ass off doing things the right way like he has, and to see guys like Reese waltz in and get promoted without putting in the same kind of time.

They have used pivots at wing a ton this season, so he should have been given a look by now... not sure what BS they tell him in WBS, but him being frustrated certainly isn’t helping matters.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Isn't he an RFA? Or are people saying he'd go to some other league?
He is RFA. People are just surmising that he would rather be traded/will go anywhere but keep playing here in the future.

He could be a thorn in a side in RFA talks though. I doubt it happens. Because he will make 2-3x as much here, it makes far more sense that he re-signs at least one more time here.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Isn't he an RFA? Or are people saying he'd go to some other league?

I don’t think there is anything to suggest he’s going anywhere, but he flat out said he’s frustrated and that’s obviously not something you want to hear from a quiet guy like TB that works hard and does everything the right way.

I was a little shocked he admitted it, eventhough it was quite easy to read the tea leaves.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
He is 25, why would he possibly want to re-sign with a team that doesn't really count on him? Best chance for him is either trade or moving to Europe. Anything but this organization.

He'll re-sign on a 1 year deal, he'll either crack the Pens or be picked off waivers and get a shot at cracking another team. If he spends most of next year in the AHL then I think he'll look at Europe.

Reactions: Giskard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad