• Thread starter MontrealCruiser_83*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
For the Canucks? Not many at all, if any.

I would say at this point, the only bluechipper we have is Ryan Kesler, who looks like he is ready to be the #3 centreman this year.

In a year from now, or even half a year, it may be reasonable to add Cory Schneider and Luc Bourdon to the mix. But right now? Just Ryan Kesler.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
Jay Thompson said:
For the Canucks? Not many at all, if any.

I would say at this point, the only bluechipper we have is Ryan Kesler, who looks like he is ready to be the #3 centreman this year.

In a year from now, or even half a year, it may be reasonable to add Cory Schneider and Luc Bourdon to the mix. But right now? Just Ryan Kesler.
Can someone define the meaning of bluechip for me?

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Bluechip means almost certain to make the NHL, whether it be a plugger or superstar.

For the Canucks, Kesler is about as close to bluechip as it gets. Bourdon is on his way to establishing himself as a bluechipper, while Auld is debatable (given his success at the NHL level).

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
McDonald19 said:
Mikkelson is just a step below bluechip right now...

Brendan Mikkelson is far from being a bluechip prospect at the moment IMO. He has yet to establish himself as a dominant force in the WHL, so I'd hardly consider him as close to the NHL level. He has many things to work on before making it to the pros. One thing is for sure though, his skating and speed are already way above average at a young age. Many aspects for Brendan to improve on though, wether it is his decision-making or getting concrete results with the good offensive skills he possesses.

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
LaVal said:
Bluechip means almost certain to make the NHL, whether it be a plugger or superstar.
I disagree. Bluechip mean surefire, legit, top-end prospect. Bluechips are guys like Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Johnson, MAF, Lehtonen, etc.

Auld and Bourdon are not Bluechips.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Although I don't agree, most Shark fans will tell you Christian Ehrhoff. Some will also mention Doug Murray.

Milan Michalek is San Jose's only bluechip prospect. Setoguchi could be another one, but I'll need to take another look at him.

Marcel Goc, Matt Carle and Steve Bernier fall into their tier below. With a very strong year in the AHL, Bernier could regain his blue-chipper status. Marcel Goc lacks the offensive punch and flair to be an all-star, but he's still a very good prospect. Carle just needs to establish himself more.

With some more development, Greiss, Ehelechner, Churchill, Vernace, Hennessey, and/or Kaspar could see their respective stocks shoot up. I wouldn't be surprised if after 1-3 years one or more joins Carle and/or Bernier as a SJ blue-chip prospect.

On other teams, Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Zherdev, Johnson, Phaneuf, Carter, Vanek, Parise, Semin, Pouliot, Lehtonen, Fleury are ones that jump to mind.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Josh Harding, Mikko Koivu, Brent Burns, Patrick O'Sullivan, Benoit Pouliot...

Brent Burns is on the bubble, could be an outstanding defenseman or he could be a solid top 4...

MontrealCruiser_83*

x-bob said:
Higgins and Chipchura are bluechip. Perez and Dannis too
Might wanna change that before other people see it.

Higgins and Perez.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
x-bob said:
Higgins and Chipchura are bluechip. Perez and Dannis too

I'll give you Perez and maybe Price. Not Higgins, and definitely not Chipchura or Danis, at least right now. How about Kostsitsyn(sp)?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
MontrealCruiser_83 said:
Who on your team would you consider a bluechip prospect?

Guys who have a handful of NHL games are eligible.

Darth Milbury and I had this bluechipper debate about Jeremy Colliton,with me saying he was bluechipper and Darth saying he wasn't.

imo Colliton,Robert Nilsson and O'Marra are bluechippers.Maybe Nokelainen.Kids who are expected to develop into core players.

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
superroyain10 said:
I'll give you Perez and maybe Price. Not Higgins, and definitely not Chipchura or Danis, at least right now. How about Kostsitsyn(sp)?

Chipchura seems like the best bluechip prospect on our team! Kost is far from being bluechip. He is boom or Bust

MontrealCruiser_83*

superroyain10 said:
No way for Kost. And Higgs is definately a bluechipper.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Josh Harding, Mikko Koivu, Brent Burns, Patrick O'Sullivan, Benoit Pouliot...

Brent Burns is on the bubble, could be an outstanding defenseman or he could be a solid top 4...

I don't think Harding, Burns, or Koivu will consistenty be all-stars. But O'Sullivan and Pouliot will both be very very good.

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
MontrealCruiser_83 said:
Might wanna change that before other people see it.

Higgins and Perez.

Why it's my opinion......it's not like I'm nominating Latendrese or Kost or MilroY!

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
MontrealCruiser_83 said:
No way for Kost. And Higgs is definately a bluechipper.

Do you an x-bob define blue-chipper as sure to make the NHL or potential all-star?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad