OT: Blue Jays/MLB 2019 season

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Devon Travis has been awful to start the season. Not just at the plate either but defensively as well. Not getting to balls he should and his throws have been weak and inaccurate. It wouldn’t surprise me if this is his last year with the Jays. The team kept him around despite his injuries because he showed promise the rare times he was healthy enough to play. Looks like those injuries have taken their toll on him.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Devon Travis has been awful to start the season. Not just at the plate either but defensively as well. Not getting to balls he should and his throws have been weak and inaccurate. It wouldn’t surprise me if this is his last year with the Jays. The team kept him around despite his injuries because he showed promise the rare times he was healthy enough to play. Looks like those injuries have taken their toll on him.

The reverse jinx.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yankees bats are heating up and thats only going to continue once Greg Bird is back and Stanton finds his bat. I honestly can't see the Jays finishing ahead of the Yanks or the Sox.

I'd appreciate it if they could come from behind in the 9th tonight though to help my Yanks close the gap on Boston.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
The reverse jinx.
His one good game at the plate wasn’t enough to keep him around. Not surprised to see him optioned to Buffalo. It wasn’t just his hitting where he was struggling. If it was I think they’d have kept him around and just hoped he’d work his way out of it. To me the problem was how bad he looked in the field. He wasn’t getting to balls he should and he couldn’t get anything on his throws.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Hope I don't jinx it, but Seattle's pitcher has a no-hitter against the Jays through 8.

I don't care who you pitch for or who you're pitching against, it's always an exciting thing to watch someone achieve what I think is the second hardest thing to do in all of pro sports. The first is to throw a perfect game.

Edit: Paxton just 100 mph in his 9th inning on the mound. There it is...a no hitter! Canadian guy too, James Paxton.

Reactions: nabob

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Hope I don't jinx it, but Seattle's pitcher has a no-hitter against the Jays through 8.

I don't care who you pitch for or who you're pitching against, it's always an exciting thing to watch someone achieve what I think is the second hardest thing to do in all of pro sports. The first is to throw a perfect game.

Edit: Paxton just 100 mph in his 9th inning on the mound. There it is...a no hitter! Canadian guy too, James Paxton.

That should make up for the 16 strikeout no-decision he had last week.

Guy is on fire.

Reactions: McFuhryous

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
If you don't count the first inning, the Orioles actually won 7-5.

Unfortunately they gave up 10 in that first inning though haha.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Originally drafted by... the Toronto Blue Jays. Jays low balled him on the contract offer after drafting him and he went to the Mariners the next year.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Who's gonna close for the Jays now?

Even though the 'administrative league' is technically seven days, I can't see MLB re-instating Osuna before his court appearance on June 18th.

Reactions: McDaddy

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Who's gonna close for the Jays now?

Even though the 'administrative league' is technically seven days, I can't see MLB re-instating Osuna before his court appearance on June 18th.

Either Tepera or Oh, I suppose. I think Oh gets first crack as he has a long history of being a closer in the MLB, Japanese and Korean professional league at the highest level. Tepera stays as the setup man in the 8th, with Clippard on the mound in the 7th. If one is struggling, move the other two up and put Axford into the 7th. Hopefully Barnes comes around soon -- I think he's showing signs -- and he can be a solid option for somewhere between the 6th and 8th inning when needed and other guys in the pen are gassed or just need a night off.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
110 years? I guess he really Bundied that one.

UHtLqGy.jpg

Reactions: belair

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Oh, Maile.

Couldn't find the dropped third strike and, after he finally does, airmails it to the RF corner haha.

Turned a strikeout into a triple and scored a run in the process.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->