OT: Blue Jays/MLB 2019 season

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Does the kid they took still have to be on the roster this year or did they change that rule?

nope he needs to be on the roster for the full year

but there is drama with the guy they picked

he was only available due to the contract he signed-if I am reading things correctly--he is 18 years old. So it is interesting what options they have

have him on the 26 man roster and have him sit in the bullpen for year eating popcorn? Teams have done that before

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
They should pull the trigger. He'll return decent value.

One of the reasons I've always hated the Jays in the last 10 years. Between him, Donaldson, and Bautista, a bunch of unlikeable whiners. I can't see them getting back a lot for him. Way over-rated by Jays fans.

Reactions: lakai17

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
One of the reasons I've always hated the Jays in the last 10 years. Between him, Donaldson, and Bautista, a bunch of unlikeable whiners. I can't see them getting back a lot for him. Way over-rated by Jays fans.
I agree with what you say here for the most part. The Jays were hated around the league more than the average team and a big part of it was those three although I don’t think Donaldson was as disliked in the same level as the other two.

Really hard to say what Stroman could fetch in a trade. He’s coming off two poor seasons and young pitchers values rise and fall very quickly. Most teams have prospects that look as good or better than what Stroman has shown lately, throw in the attitude issues and that doesn’t help.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Jays pick up a middle of the road SS prospect and a nothing P prospect and eat 16.4 mil of Martin's contract. At least they open roster spots/playing time for the kids. Gonna be a tough year for the Jays, but I agree with what they are doing.
Yeah, I do too. They didn’t want to play him and judging by the last month of last season he didn’t want to be much of a mentor. Eating 16.4 million sounds bad but it’s better than paying him 20 million. Same with Tulowitzki. It’s a couple years later than it should have been imo, but we knew a season like this had to happen at some point.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Think it was Jamieson talking about Murray yesterday and how maybe the league should've stepped up and gave the A's 15mil on a 20 year loan. Even a joke about how the Yanks should give the A's the money and the A's would agree to give him to the Yanks in the future.

I mean it all seemed like a joke until Jamieson pointed out how Murray could've brought some attention to the MLB. In a time where the league is losing interest from African American athletes/fans, could this not have been a situation that would've maybe brought back some interest from the African community?

Was an interesting take to say the least

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Interesting request from the family to have him inducted in a MLB hat and not the Blue Jays colours

Roy Halladay won’t represent the Blue Jays — or the Phillies — in Hall of Fame | The Star

https://deadspin.com/dipshit-philly-columnist-i-know-roy-halladays-desires-1832002277

Doc got asked the question when he was alive--both by Phillies and Blue Jay reporters before he died

Roy Halladay wants to wear Blue Jays cap if inducted into Hall of Fame | The Star

Curious to know if the Jays did something to piss off the wife

BlackEye from Xhekaj

Mar 11, 2011
I mean it's obviously a guess as to why, but my thinking is that the Halladay family received a ton of support from both organizations after Roy died.

So, while Doc, if he was still alive, would have more than likely chose the Jays as his induction team, his wife is trying to not play favourites and show respect to both teams.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Opening day! Looking forward to the season getting going even though I have low expectations.

Still tickets available for the home opener... who starts the season @1:30PM on a weekday?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad