Blue Jays/MLB 2020 SZN

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
This pitcher for the A's (Jordan Weems) looks like he's headed to a Guns N' Roses concert.

...or belongs in a GNR tribute band :laugh:.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Back to the land (teams)of the living.

Houston lays a beating on the A's, proving that despite all the cheating the last few years, they still have some pretty damned good players.

And Yanks did the same to Tampa, although the game was so much tighter than the score. Yankees HAD to have this one with Cole pitching, as they need the next 2 days to be rained out to have a chance to win another. The Rays will throw up 2 more aces on the mound the next couple tilts, and you have to think they'll win those easily. Cole might give New York a chance in game 4, but the Rays could finish them off in 4.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
And just like clockwork, the Rays pitching destroys the Yankees. Aaron Boone has the largest payroll in the majors, but may be the worst manager in the AL. His "experiment" of starting Devi for one inning and then going with Happ blew up in his face. And if A.J. has any more complaints about why they removed him from the rotation for a while this season, I think he should have answered that question with his putrid performance. I have a feeling tonight is going to be even worse with Morton starting.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
And just like clockwork, the Rays pitching destroys the Yankees. Aaron Boone has the largest payroll in the majors, but may be the worst manager in the AL. His "experiment" of starting Devi for one inning and then going with Happ blew up in his face. And if A.J. has any more complaints about why they removed him from the rotation for a while this season, I think he should have answered that question with his putrid performance. I have a feeling tonight is going to be even worse with Morton starting.
Man, I can’t stand this opener crap. I get doing it in a meaningless regular season game when situations dictate it such as you need an emergency starter and don’t have one that day. To actually plan a playoff game around this is unbelievable to me. This strategy doesn’t work and essentially you’re just giving a game away. Again, regular season, who cares but doing it in a playoff game? I can’t believe managers are doing this and not getting raked over the coals for it. Forfeiting playoffs games should be a fireable offense.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Man, I can’t stand this opener crap. I get doing it in a meaningless regular season game when situations dictate it such as you need an emergency starter and don’t have one that day. To actually plan a playoff game around this is unbelievable to me. This strategy doesn’t work and essentially you’re just giving a game away. Again, regular season, who cares but doing it in a playoff game? I can’t believe managers are doing this and not getting raked over the coals for it. Forfeiting playoffs games should be a fireable offense.

And when you are gifted with the largest payroll in all of baseball, you should be fired for it. Called tonights game, although even a monkey could have called it. Brian Cashman should be canned along with his manager. You win playoff games by pitching and defence. Not a team of homer hitters who strike out most of the time.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Get rid of Sanchez, Tanaka, and trade one of Stanton or Judge for pitching. Hopefully Sevy and Germaine can come back next year.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Ji-Man putting in the work today. Astros runners 0-16 and he’s been the biggest reason why. Love just focusing on him in isolation- does so many little things very well.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Draft order is set..

1. Pirates
2. Rangers
3. Tigers
4. Red Sox
5. Orioles
6. Diamondbacks
7. Royals
8. Rockies
9. Angels
10. Mets
11. Nationals
12. Mariners
13. Phillies
14. Giants
15. Brewers
16. Marlins
17. Reds
18. Cardinals
19. Blue Jays
20. Yankees
21. Cubs
22. White Sox
23. Indians
24. Braves
25. Athletics
26. Twins
27. Padres
28. Rays
29. Dodgers
30. Vacant: (Astros)

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Kevin Cash is a moron. He used his suicidal “opener” strategy yesterday, predictably lost the game and before today’s game was complaining about how taxed his bullpen is. Houston lighting up that bullpen today. I didn’t think it was possible for me to root for the Astros but I’d sure love to see Tampa punished for their stupidity.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Kevin Cash is a moron. He used his suicidal “opener” strategy yesterday, predictably lost the game and before today’s game was complaining about how taxed his bullpen is. Houston lighting up that bullpen today. I didn’t think it was possible for me to root for the Astros but I’d sure love to see Tampa punished for their stupidity.

Should have kept Snell in longer today?

Fairbanks will shut them down next game.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Not with the Astros benefitting. No.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Neither team deserves to win anything.
You’re right. Neither team deserves to win and you can throw the Braves into that mix too. Snitker starts the rookie Minter last night. He strikes out 7 batters through 3 innings, gets pulled with a 2-0 lead and then the Dodgers score 7 on the braves bullpen. Another brilliant managerial decision. Whatever happened to riding a hot pitcher until he’s got nothing left and in the process, saving your bullpen a little. That kid wasn’t tired after 3 innings. I’ve been watching MLB since the seventies and I’ve never seen such universally bad managing.

Last edited:

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
Congrats to the Rays, they earned it! I really like seeing a team who is forced to do things outside the box due to financial reasons succeed. 28th highest opening day payroll and going to the world series, much respect. Cash is one of the most innovative managers in the league.

But most of all, suck it Astros. Good on them for coming back from down 3-0 but happy i don't have to watch those cheaters anymore.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Really looking forward to the movie Aaron Sorkin makes about Tampa's underdog run, Moneyball 2: The Color of No Money.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->