OT: Blue Jays/MLB 2019 season

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
At least the Jays are finally selling like they should have before last year. Donaldson should have been gone before this season started, now he's worth nothing. We're still stuck with Tulo's anchor of a contract as well.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
At least the Jays are finally selling like they should have before last year. Donaldson should have been gone before this season started, now he's worth nothing. We're still stuck with Tulo's anchor of a contract as well.
They should have started doing this the off season they let Encarnacion walk. Their run was over then and anybody that knew anything about baseball was saying so. They wasted two years pretending it wasn’t and squanderered good assets as they went along. All the while lying to their fan base that the team was going to be competitive.

Reactions: McGhost Division

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not sure what is worse throwing a 54mph pitch or actually getting hit with a ball that barely made it in the first place.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Love how SOME of the TO media is spinning this like they just got some great prospects. Now, I maybe in Europe--but the smell from pile the players is reaching all the way over here

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Love how SOME of the TO media is spinning this like they just got some great prospects. Now, I maybe in Europe--but the smell from pile the players is reaching all the way over here
Well I thought I read they got the 3 or 4th best prospect and 10th best prospect out of Houston. Not exactly bad.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Well I thought I read they got the 3 or 4th best prospect and 10th best prospect out of Houston. Not exactly bad.

MLB.com has Perez ranked at 11 and Paulinho at 20 for Jays prospects now.

Pretty solid.

They also added McKinney(from Happ) at 19, Espinal(from Pearce) at 24 and Wall(from Oh) at 26 along with Drury and Giles who have a good chance to be solid roster guys.

I think they did pretty good.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Ken Giles Age 27 RHR
Was closer but lost his job awhile ago

David Paulino age 24 RHP
Started out as starter--got lit up in AAA and AA-moved to the Bullpen--Scouting report has him being a very hit able pitcher

Hctor Perex age 22
Currently in class A ball
reportedly got bombed in AA so he went back to A

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
MLB.com has Perez ranked at 11 and Paulinho at 20 for Jays prospects now.

Pretty solid.

They also added McKinney(from Happ) at 19, Espinal(from Pearce) at 24 and Wall(from Oh) at 26 along with Drury and Giles who have a good chance to be solid roster guys.

I think they did pretty good.
I don't know a lot about Baseball prospects, but it sounded to me they got decently ranked guys. Now it's up to the Jays to develop them

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016
Ken Giles Age 27 RHR
Was closer but lost his job awhile ago

David Paulino age 24 RHP
Started out as starter--got lit up in AAA and AA-moved to the Bullpen--Scouting report has him being a very hit able pitcher

Hctor Perex age 22
Currently in class A ball
reportedly got bombed in AA so he went back to A
Giles is every bit as good as Osuna when he's not punching himself in the head.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Simmons out of the sun TO published an article saying the the jays had concerns for awhile with their pitcher. Curious to know where that article was say last year

SIMMONS: The unravelling of Roberto Osuna
I know a lot of people will disregard this because it was written by Steve Simmons but I still think there could be a lot of truth to this. I’m a regular watcher of Primetime Sports on Sportsnet and Bob McCown had been hinting about issues with Osuna for at least a year and a half before the incident took place. He was always careful about what he said and never went into any details but had been openly criticizing his character. Odd for him because he doesn’t normally do that to athletes. He’s as well connected as anybody in Toronto so I took him seriously.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Yankees have been in survival mode the last while due mostly to injuries. Tanaka just came back, Happ missed time right after being acquired, Chapman has been nursing a sore knee, Torres just came back, both Judge and Sanchez are out. Once all of them are back, they’ll find their swagger again. Sonny Gray was’t getting it done and they finally removed him, long overdue in my mind.
Lots of games left to be played, but at this point, I think realistically, they need to solidify their wild card spot, get healthy and confident again, and go into the playoffs playing sound ball.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
This is likely to be Gibby's worst season in his 9 1/2 years with the Jays. Is it worth keeping him around for the rebuild or do they bring in somebody new to manage through the tough years?

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
This is likely to be Gibby's worst season in his 9 1/2 years with the Jays. Is it worth keeping him around for the rebuild or do they bring in somebody new to manage through the tough years?
I’m curios how they handle this too. I don’t for a minute think these last two years are his fault and he deserves to be fired but is there any benefit to either side keeping the relationship going at this point? Maybe Gibby wants to keep hanging around collecting paycheques? At the same time it wouldn’t surprise me if Shapiro and Atkins are fine with the status quo. They don’t seem very proactive to me. It wouldn’t surprise me if Gibbons is extended or fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->