OT: Blue Jays/MLB 2019 season

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Hey, time to talk some baseball again, since there hasn’t been much on here since the Blew Jays were contending the first week of April and Solarte was swatting those significant home runs!:D Great series in the Bronx on the weekend with the Yanks and Sox trading knockout punches and the Bombers getting the last laugh. And their latest young buck was impressive with a big fly in his first major league at bat.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Hey, time to talk some baseball again, since there hasn’t been much on here since the Blew Jays were contending the first week of April and Solarte was swatting those significant home runs!:D Great series in the Bronx on the weekend with the Yanks and Sox trading knockout punches and the Bombers getting the last laugh. And their latest young buck was impressive with a big fly in his first major league at bat.
6 home runs and another lights out performance by Sevy. Kid is an absolute monster, that slider is just filthy to go along with a 100mph fastball.

Unfortunately they blew it tonight against the Braves, but what a series against the Sox.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
6 home runs and another lights out performance by Sevy. Kid is an absolute monster, that slider is just filthy to go along with a 100mph fastball.

Unfortunately they blew it tonight against the Braves, but what a series against the Sox.
Yup, Sevy turning out to be a monster. And they just signed his 19 year old brother from the International pool. But they need another stud to go along with Sevy. Don't think Gray is the answer, and can't trust Sabathia or Tanaka's health at this stage in their career. Baumgartner or one of the long hairs from the Mets would be nice.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yup, Sevy turning out to be a monster. And they just signed his 19 year old brother from the International pool. But they need another stud to go along with Sevy. Don't think Gray is the answer, and can't trust Sabathia or Tanaka's health at this stage in their career. Baumgartner or one of the long hairs from the Mets would be nice.
Yeah they need another starter for sure. Gray has been so inconsistent and with Montgomery done that really hurt. At least their bullpen is rolling now that Betances got his game figured out.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I don’t think they could have dealt Tulowitzki back then but they could have moved Donaldson. Three years in and I’m not impressed with the Shapiro regime.

I think he's at the mercy of ownership to some extent. They're terrified of what a rebuild would do to the corporate bottom line.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I think he's at the mercy of ownership to some extent. They're terrified of what a rebuild would do to the corporate bottom line.
The good news, I guess, is that they’re no longer in a position where they can keep lying to fans that they’re trying to win. That’s disgusted me as much or more during the last two off seasons as anything.

Reactions: lakai17

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Who would have guessed both Donaldson and Tulo would spent so much time on the DL

it is like everything he touches just falls apart
It’s not surprising at all. Everybody knew Tulowitzki had injury issues dating back to when they acquired him. I remember listening to Arash Madani on a call in show the first week of the season and a caller asked him when he thought Tulowitzki would be back. He told her that the Jays owed him 58 million over the next three years and he was setting the over under on the remaining games he’d play as a Jay at 58. They knew he was done then.

I was worried about Donaldson dating back to before the season started. I even commented in April that he wasn’t going to be getting that big contract he was looking for due to his health. He’d been playing through numerous injuries since his mvp season and I thought this could be the year it caught up to him. He definitely should have been moved last winter.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
The good news, I guess, is that they’re no longer in a position where they can keep lying to fans that they’re trying to win. That’s disgusted me as much or more during the last two off seasons as anything.

Yeah if they are truly committed to a tank job that's better late than never, but I'm not sure they are.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Yeah if they are truly committed to a tank job that's better late than never, but I'm not sure they are.
Maybe I worded that wrong. They aren’t in position to lie to fans anymore that they’re good enough to compete. (I think that’s better) Nobody is going to buy that crap anymore. They need to figure out what they’re doing.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Talking heads are trying to do a good job at selling the two new guys--just too bad both have been heavily scouted by some real knowledgeable people and both are guys that are described as dime a dozen

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Dwight Smith jr. has thrown his hat into the ring for the title of worst defensive outfielder on the team. Your move Teoscar. It’s one thing to hear how little prospect depth the Jays have outside of Guerrero, Bichette and a couple others that are still a ways away. It’s another thing to actually see it.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Dwight Smith jr. has thrown his hat into the ring for the title of worst defensive outfielder on the team. Your move Teoscar. It’s one thing to hear how little prospect depth the Jays have outside of Guerrero, Bichette and a couple others that are still a ways away. It’s another thing to actually see it.
Do you mean how much they have instead of how little? Because their prospect pool looks really solid even looking past the two guys who are arguably top 5 in all of baseball.

Reactions: lakai17

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Do you mean how much they have instead of how little? Because their prospect pool looks really solid even looking past the two guys who are arguably top 5 in all of baseball.
You’re right, they do have decent young talent. I just get frustrated watching Hernandez and Smith play. Hernandez because he doesn’t look like he’s ever heard of the word “hustle” and Smith didn’t even look like a baseball player going after that fly ball yesterday.

Gurriel has been fun to watch and he’s a guy that looks ready right now, so it’s not all crappy.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I've never been able to get into baseball, mostly due to the fact that the Blue Jays are forever doomed as long as they are in a division with the Yankees and Red Sox. Now if they could bring back the Expos, that would be interesting...

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Jays send Osuna to Astros for Giles, prospects

they got something for a player that was done with the team

Jays traded a PR nightmare for 3 maybes
It is what it is. They acquired a nut case who might self destruct before the season ends. I’m sure everybody has seen the clip of Giles punching himself in the face after being pulled from a game. They acquired a guy who got suspended 80 games last year for PED’s. That one kind of surprised me considering their interest in a squeaky clean image. They punted Colabello as soon as his PED suspension was served. Here’s to hoping Perez works out.

Interesting to see how Osuna is accepted into the Astros clubhouse. Both McCullers and Verlander had strong words for an Astros minor leaguer who had a domestic assault charge.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It is what it is. They acquired a nut case who might self destruct before the season ends. I’m sure everybody has seen the clip of Giles punching himself in the face after being pulled from a game. They acquired a guy who got suspended 80 games last year for PED’s. That one kind of surprised me considering their interest in a squeaky clean image. They punted Colabello as soon as his PED suspension was served. Here’s to hoping Perez works out.

Interesting to see how Osuna is accepted into the Astros clubhouse. Both McCullers and Verlander had strong words for an Astros minor leaguer who had a domestic assault charge.
It's just so stupid. What's the point in even dealing troubled players in any league. Seems fine once they get dealt somewhere else, because now the past is in the past. So stupid.

If Voynov comes back to the NHL I just hope LA keeps him.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I understand a lot of the moves the Jays have made recently, and I get the off field issues lead to his trade, but man, it really hurts dealing a young, promising closer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad