Blue Jays Discussion: It's the off-season. Stuff might happen. Or it might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
It's safe to assume he will be in the starting rotation barring an injury (plz no).
see, i''m trying to speak into existences that we acquire 2 better pitchers, hence the 4th or 5th starter comment :)

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I'd say it's always amazing that Simmons has a job, but plenty of places pay for someone to be a baity rabble-rouser who spews nothing but hot takes.
Obviously i don't know how difficult it is, but why don't the teams just revoke credentials?

Reactions: Kurtz

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
see, i''m trying to speak into existences that we acquire 2 better pitchers, hence the 4th or 5th starter comment :)

Eh. I've been hoping since before the season we can somehow get Bauer to sign here. Re-sign Walker or Ray (or both), blast Roark into the sun:

Bauer
Ryu
Walker/Ray
Stripling
Pearson

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Eh. I've been hoping since before the season we can somehow get Bauer to sign here. Re-sign Walker or Ray (or both), blast Roark into the sun:

Bauer
Ryu
Walker/Ray
Stripling
Pearson
if his 1 year deal thing is actually legit. Can't the jays just offer 1 year 35M? not like our players have a lot of cap currently

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Obviously i don't know how difficult it is, but why don't the teams just revoke credentials?

I imagine because publications would raise hell that silencing journalists on the basis of what could look like simple dislike opens up a slippery slope of teams only giving credentials to "approved" publications or people who they can depend on to only say what they like and want.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The ironic thing is that that one start actually might have caused the pitcher to have dead arm in a pivotal playoff game because he hadn’t been stretched out that way all season long. :cry:

That's the problem. If guys can't go 7 innings, then how many bullpen arms are you going to blow through? Hopefully with a full spring training and a full season guys will be stretched out properly. I understand this year was an unusual year.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Future jay pitched pretty well for the Reds today

Bauer? lmaooo thats a dream. People around here obsess over Stroman (mostly cause hes black and its a predominantly white hockey forum) because of him being a "diva" or w/e... imagine Bauer!?!?!

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Bauer? lmaooo thats a dream. People around here obsess over Stroman (mostly cause hes black and its a predominantly white hockey forum) because of him being a "diva" or w/e... imagine Bauer!?!?!

Stro never even came close to putting up numbers that Bauer did this year (albeit in an abbreviated season, I understand). You'll be surprised what people will put up with if the player is that good on the field. Personally, I don't care what players are like in their personal lives or what they say on social media. I only care what they do in between the white lines.

Reactions: stopclickbait

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
This is about the dumbest thing I’ve ever read on here. People obsess about stroman because he’s black? You’re a clown. He’s an annoying man with a Napoleon complex. Has nothing to do with his colour.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
You aren't very smart if you think that is the problem with Stroman. People want Bauer because he is one of the better pitchers in baseball. Shocking.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I imagine because publications would raise hell that silencing journalists on the basis of what could look like simple dislike opens up a slippery slope of teams only giving credentials to "approved" publications or people who they can depend on to only say what they like and want.
TBH, it already has happened en masse in the real world.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
I think there is tons of positives to take away from the season.

1. Hernandez took a step forward and hopefully keeps going
2.Hopefully Tellez figured it out.
3. kids played meaningful games down the stretch and played 2 playoff games so gained experience
4.Pearson should be ready for fulltime next year

Now a few things need to change. Montoyo has to go. No feel for the game and if he is just a puppet for the FO analytics team then Rogers needs to clean house starting at Shapiro down to Montoyo. I get analytics are the driving force in baseball now but you need to be able to deviate from the plan and let players grow thru hard times.

I think this would be the time for Rogers to open up the wallet and augment the kids with a few solid vets to help the kids along. One more starter like a Bauer and a solid 3B would help quite a bit.

Good season but this whole TB series could have been avoided if Montoyo didn't blow at least 5 games with his bad game management. They could have been 2nd in the AL and even hosted their playoff series.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I don’t see any scenario where they fire Montoyo even though we all know he needs to go. We just got into the post season with him. Hopefully, they realize how terrible he is and he’s on a super short leash next year

Reactions: Kurtz

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Charlie Montoyo talks with the media about the Toronto Blue Jays being eliminated by the Tampa Bay Rays and shares his thoughts on the season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->