Blue Jays can't play play in Toronto - Buffalo it is

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Fair enough but you seem to be missing the issue the government here has isn't with sports happening at all clearly as the NHL has been approved to play in two cities here. They had a problem with multiple trips back and forth over the border with no bubble established to baseballs return. Specifically with Miami and Tampa making trips here. It would be more like me not letting your kid play at my house but the neighbors are cool with it. If your point is essentially just wanting our government to come out and state that they disagree with the States returning to play well I just think it is a empty statement that doesn't change or mean anything at all.
That's true, though I respect Trudeau and take him at face value most of the time.

The whole subject is touchy. My county is on California's watchlist, meaning life is basically suspended until the numbers improve. I haven't gone out on an actual outing with my family since late Feb. I'm probably hypersensitive to any perceived slight right now.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Turner Field is a football stadium only now; so it is out.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Turner Field? Globe Life Park?

Neither are options. Turner Field will never be a baseball option again, Globe Life Field has already been retrofitted for football and cannot currently support baseball without extensive demodification.

Home to left-center at Globe Life Park is now around 250 feet.

IINAWG4Z4VCG3C4YXPED3EM56U.jpg

However, I would pay to see balls hit into that weird gap between the new stands and the old seats along the left-field line - triples attempts would be really fun because both baserunner and outfielder would have no idea what's going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
How many lockerrooms are there? Will they have to share any facilities? Not sure this is a great idea at first glance.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
How many lockerrooms are there? Will they have to share any facilities? Not sure this is a great idea at first glance.

The reason Pittsburgh and Baltimore were being considered is that both have hotels steps from the park that could be become their home base and eliminate the need to create an auxiliary clubhouse in the ballpark.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Not loving the increased risk this brings to Pittsburgh, I find MLB's handling of the entire covid situation to be exactly in line with the way I view MLB in general - incompetent and unable to get out of its own way - but...eh. The kid who grew up playing Little League for the Blue Jays in suburban Pittsburgh (I also played for the Expos, eh) and has always kept that soft spot for the Jays means there will actually be a team playing in PNC Park this year that I don't actively despise, so...yay?

Either way I'm all here for some of those mash-ups.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
The Toronto Spiders of Pittsburgh and Anaheim.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
This whole saga really doesn't look great on management. I get that this is a changing situation, but with the way that Canada has taken COVID seriously, they should've known it was extremely likely we wouldn't be able to play here and should've gotten the wheels moving on contingency plans sooner. This feels super like they got caught completely off guard and now that they're scrambling. And now we're scrambling again after PA denied us.

It was mentioned that Buffalo's big problem is the lack of replay infrastructure and lighting. Upgrades were said to take a week... probably should've done those already just to have a backup plan.

Reactions: joestevens29

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This whole saga really doesn't look great on management. I get that this is a changing situation, but with the way that Canada has taken COVID seriously, they should've known it was extremely likely we wouldn't be able to play here and should've gotten the wheels moving on contingency plans sooner. This feels super like they got caught completely off guard and now that they're scrambling. And now we're scrambling again after PA denied us.

It was mentioned that Buffalo's big problem is the lack of replay infrastructure and lighting. Upgrades were said to take a week... probably should've done those already just to have a backup plan.
Feels like they just don't care and thought they would get their way.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Feels like they just don't care and thought they would get their way.

Yeah, I think they thought being a professional sports team at a time when many are craving sports, all levels of government would have bent the rules and rubberstamped it with no issues whatsoever. Even so much so visiting teams would have been able to bypass the 14-day quarantine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad