Rumor: Blue Jackets willing to retain salary in cap dumps (Hartnell, Tyutin, Boll, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
What would it take to get Hartnell to Washington at 50% retained? If the intent of the Blue Jackets is to clear cap space, I assume they'll want minimal salary coming back. The Caps already gave away all our 2nd round picks until the end of time. So perhaps something around Riley Barber?

If the Jackets are willing to take Daniel Winnik ($2.25M cap hit) back, they could retain less than 50% on Hartnell (say retain only $1.5M) and it could work for the Capitals.

yrttijorma

Apr 6, 2008
Have to wonder how long Davidson and Kekalainen hold on there. Jarmo has done a poor job.

Jarmo has done some poor decisions but I don't think Tyutin and Hartnell are among the ones.

Tyutin's contract was signed before Jarmo was in Columbus and Hartnell-Umberger trade made sense for the Blue Jackets and Umberger's horrible contract was signed before Jarmo was in Columbus.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Oilers should help them out... return the favor for Puljujarvi.

but then again they gave Oilers Nikitin and outbid them for Jones..

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I know this as probably been said over and over, but Hartnell for Desharnais makes so much sense to me. Habs get the top 6 winger they need, for only 1.25 more cap hit than they already have.

Columbus clears 1.25 plus two full years. If they want to buy out Desharnais, his cap hit goes down to 1.25 or something like that for 2 years.

No retention either way.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If the Rangers end up trading Nash and clear some space, would Columbus be interested in Girardi for Hartnell and Tyutin? Neither team would retain anything. Columbus would save 3.75 mil in cap space and the Rangers would add cap, but reduce term.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
so with the jones contract how much space is left?

they have about 42k, but that's with only 21 players. Going to need to cut some salary loose or pray that they're the healthiest team in the history of the NHL. That, or maybe pray that they can LTIR Clarkson.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
:cbj

LW Hartnell (4.75M, 3 yrs)
RW Boll (1.7M, 1yr)

:habs

C/LW Desharnais (3.5M, 1 yr)
2018 Montreal 2nd round pick

FlamesFan 2313

Mar 22, 2015
Ontario
Would Jackets fans be ok with this? Hartnell @ 4M to Calgary for Tyler Wotherspoon. Gives CBJ a young Defenseman that is ready to play in the NHL right now, and gives Calgary a nice power forward to complement Bennett.

Wotherspoon makes 925K, so this would clear over 3M for CBJ

ForzaFCBAnaheim

Sep 22, 2011
Canada
A retained Hartnell is like a dream for Perry and Getzlaf

I always thought he'd be a good fit for Anaheim. Perhaps in a deal for Stoner or Bieksa, maybe with an add from Anaheim's side. Columbus gets to shed salary and term, and Anaheim moves a D out for a LW. Not sure how Blue Jackets fans feel about that, but I'd say it works for Anaheim.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I really wish Ottawa could do a Hartnell-MacArthur swap, but I don't see that happening.

PS: Mac is made of glass and his contract is insured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad