GDT: Blue Jackets vs Knights

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Is it just me, or are the Banging On The Glass Guys particularly annoying tonight??
The Guy was sitting 4 or 5 seats away from me and had pissed off an entire section by the end of the game. Worst part is it’s not even his actual seat, he sneaks down after the 1st period, when Nationwide employees don’t show up to use their seats.

Several have told the ushers but so far they haven’t did anything.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
The Guy was sitting 4 or 5 seats away from me and had pissed off an entire section by the end of the game. Worst part is it’s not even his actual seat, he sneaks down after the 1st period, when Nationwide employees don’t show up to use their seats.

Several have told the ushers but so far they haven’t did anything.
I think you know what you gotta do.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Being honest.... Post game with Torts.... few words about Bob's first shutout this season???
If you, as an organization know he’s not the future , plus you’ve dealt with a lot of antics leading up to this , really not surprising . Our defense keeps playing the way it has the last 3 games , it’s not going to matter who is in goal, just need to get back to scoring like we were . Our structure the past few games , is night and day improved . I think they mentioned toward the end of the second , we had held Vegas to 2 scoring chances , compared to 12 for the jackets , that’s a good formula . Also , Jones was the example of what a Norris winner should look like . He was phenomenal

Reactions: thebus88

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I Our defense keeps playing the way it has the last 3 games , it’s not going to matter who is in goal, just need to get back to scoring like we were . Our structure the past few games , is night and day improved .

I know Bob's tied in to all of this, but if we could just separate for a moment...

I was thinking this too, and it coincides with the switch-back of assistant coaching duties, at least it would seem to me.

Is it too soon to decide that "improved defense" is a real thing?

Reactions: GoJackets1

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I know Bob's tied in to all of this, but if we could just separate for a moment...

I was thinking this too, and it coincides with the switch-back of assistant coaching duties, at least it would seem to me.

Is it too soon to decide that "improved defense" is a real thing?
So Shaw runs the offense and we score 3.5 Goals a game, and then he switches to defense, and we suddenly play much better defensively, but worse offensively?

I wonder if this is moreso another indictment on Larsen, or praiseworthy for Shaw. Either way, I think head coach Brad Shaw could be a thing soon, whether it's with us or another team.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
So Shaw runs the offense and we score 3.5 Goals a game, and then he switches to defense, and we suddenly play much better defensively, but worse offensively?

I wonder if this is moreso another indictment on Larsen, or praiseworthy for Shaw. Either way, I think head coach Brad Shaw could be a thing soon, whether it's with us or another team.
Are we playing worse offensively?

I think we had plenty of high danger scoring opportunities but failed to capitalize. The coach instructs on how to create the opportunities but it is down to the players to convert on their chances.

Additionally, Panarin was out last night.

Reactions: thebus88

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

I think we had plenty of high danger scoring opportunities but failed to capitalize. The coach instructs on how to create the opportunities but it is down to the players to convert on their chances.

I have thought both of these things.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana

Yeah, I'll admit I've been unable to watch most of the games recently.

That being said, considering how terrible we know Larsen to be, it wouldn't be surprising if it wasn't a coincidence that goal scoring fell. :sarcasm:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

In keeping with our tradition of wildly pouncing on completely random speculation, I hereby declare this responsibilities switch to have been an attempt to groom Shaw as Tortorella's successor.

IT ALL MAEKS FERPECT CENTS.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
In keeping with our tradition of wildly pouncing on completely random speculation, I hereby declare this responsibilities switch to have been an attempt to groom Shaw as Tortorella's successor.

IT ALL MAEKS FERPECT CENTS.
Well, his successor surely isn't going to be Larsen. :sarcasm:

Maybe it's Letestu? :eek:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well, his successor surely isn't going to be Larsen. :sarcasm:

Maybe it's Letestu? :eek:
Hmmm.
sherlock.gif

major major

Feb 18, 2013
. Either way, I think head coach Brad Shaw could be a thing soon, whether it's with us or another team.

I've been thinking for a while that I'd like to see a Head Coach Shaw. The report after his previous stint as Islanders head coach (an interim job a dozen years ago) was that he's an x's and o's guy, and not a motivator. That might just be well suited to where the Jackets are at, with a core getting into their mid-20s. Ideally it would give more space for leaders in the room to step up and more space for players to hold each other accountable.

Reactions: GoJackets1

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I've been thinking for a while that I'd like to see a Head Coach Shaw. The report after his previous stint as Islanders head coach (an interim job a dozen years ago) was that he's an x's and o's guy, and not a motivator. That might just be well suited to where the Jackets are at, with a core getting into their mid-20s. Ideally it would give more space for leaders in the room to step up and more space for players to hold each other accountable.
Yes, this is exactly the kind of coach I think we need to take the team to the next level. Torts is great for getting consistent effort, as an organization, to where it needed to be- a big cultural shift. I think Torts isn't as big on the x's and o's, and the team would benefit from a solid system. Not advocating ousting Torts for no reason, but I'll remain unconvinced that we'll get beyond the 1st round of the playoffs with him until I'm proven wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad