Injury Report: Blue Jackets Put Cam Atkinson on IR recall Sean Collins

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Don't get the infatuation with Collins, give me some Kerby

They don't want him bouncing up and down between leagues and playing bottom 6 minutes, they want him developing in the ideal top 6 position much like Atkinson when he was developing..Howson didnt cam on the team unless he was in a top 6 role.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Could we have not claimed Heatley who was just sent down? I believe he cleared. He's not what he use to be, but even in his final years i'd take him over Collins. He's on a 1 year 1m contract, would have been a good fill in.

Edit:Nevermind, saw his recent injuries. Ohh, that means it'd be perfect then! :laugh:

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
They don't want him bouncing up and down between leagues and playing bottom 6 minutes, they want him developing in the ideal top 6 position much like Atkinson when he was developing..Howson didnt cam on the team unless he was in a top 6 role.

But...Rychel has already done well with us in a bottom 6 role. 3 points and a plus player. Better than press box fodder like a Collins

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
But...Rychel has already done well with us in a bottom 6 role. 3 points and a plus player. Better than press box fodder like a Collins

Rychel was fine, and will be fun to watch, but the whole reason for the callup is for someone to sit in the press box and be available "just in case". May as well be Collins. I imagine if they needed a player to jump right in and play, they would've brought Rychel back (or even Dano).

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I was at practice today... Cam and Gibbons came on the ice after everyone got off.. minus Leopold and his little son who were enjoying a nice skate. Was entirely surprised to see Cam even out there. You could tell that his left shoulder was heavily bandaged up. He was attempting shots but could barely lift the puck... I would be entirely surprised if he returns before the upcoming road trip ended... as far as Gibbons goes, he looked to have no major restrictions to his lower body movement which was a good sign... however he wasn't skated extremely hard. While I'm rambling about my observations, Letestu practiced in full length today with the team and looked fine. No restrictions it seemed. No sign of Arty or Murray at the morning practice, which is entirely expected. (Obviously)

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I was at practice today... Cam and Gibbons came on the ice after everyone got off.. minus Leopold and his little son who were enjoying a nice skate. Was entirely surprised to see Cam even out there. You could tell that his left shoulder was heavily bandaged up. He was attempting shots but could barely lift the puck... I would be entirely surprised if he returns before the upcoming road trip ended... as far as Gibbons goes, he looked to have no major restrictions to his lower body movement which was a good sign... however he wasn't skated extremely hard. While I'm rambling about my observations, Letestu practiced in full length today with the team and looked fine. No restrictions it seemed. No sign of Arty or Murray at the morning practice, which is entirely expected. (Obviously)

I wouldn't say anyone expected Murray to still be out? This seems like another Horton situation at this point with all the time he has missed. I realize its not but it feels pretty damn similar.

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
It is concerning. It just seems like it is so quiet on the Murray front when it comes to getting any updates. If he is out until the ASG, I think he should just be shut down for the year.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I wouldn't say anyone expected Murray to still be out? This seems like another Horton situation at this point with all the time he has missed. I realize its not but it feels pretty damn similar.

I meant 'expected' as in... he wasn't supposed to be at practice... therefore it was expected.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
It will be interesting to see if the offense improves or declines while Cam is away.

I've really convinced more and more he's going to get packaged for a top line player. Mornin has been playing well, albeit on small sample size. But I've really liked his play. Meanwhile Wennberg has been really solid in both ends and on special teams. But I think the biggest difference from earlier in the season is the fact that we have generating offense from the blue line. The defense has been REALLY solid, I'd hate to be Richards if/when Murray returns it's gonna be hard to decide who to scratch. Just think if Murray didn't get hurt we may never have picked up Cotton, not trying to say I prefer him to Murray, but if he continues this level of play all season he may solidly his spot on the team and make someone else expendable this offseason.

Also BOBROVSKY BOBROVSKY BOBROVSKY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad