blue jackets has signed brassard

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Yes, Brassard will be out for up to 6 months after he undergoes shoulder surgery. He will not play for the Jackets this season, and could miss all of Drummondville's season as well.

X0ssbar

isn't that a bit Pejorative Slured? I mean they don't even know how the injury's gonna affect his play..

Why would it be Pejorative Slured?...do you honestly think he's not gonna sign the #6 overall pick? The dude is injured - he'll heal. Just b/c he signed the guy today doesn't mean he starts paying the dude...he doesn't get paid and the years don't tick off the contract until he plays for the big club...

I'm glad he got it out of the way...its not like the new CBA makes negotiating high draft picks that difficult considering there is a 850k cap on salaries per year for rookies -- the only thing there is to negotiate are the bonus triggers.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
Why would it be Pejorative Slured?...do you honestly think he's not gonna sign the #6 overall pick? The dude is injured - he'll heal. Just b/c he signed the guy today doesn't mean he starts paying the dude...he doesn't get paid and the years don't tick off the contract until he plays for the big club...

I'm glad he got it out of the way...its not like the new CBA makes negotiating high draft picks that difficult considering there is a 850k cap on salaries per year for rookies -- the only thing there is to negotiate are the bonus triggers.

Well, I never said he should never sign the #6 overall pick. What I'm saying is he could've waited until Derrick showed he can still be a top notch player even after a big injury like that.

I know he doesn't get paid right now, but the contract's gonna kick off as soon as he starts playing again, and when he does, he might not be the player he used to be. And the Jackets would be stuck with his contract..

I'm just saying it COULD happen.

X0ssbar

Well, I never said he should never sign the #6 overall pick. What I'm saying is he could've waited until Derrick showed he can still be a top notch player even after a big injury like that.

I know he doesn't get paid right now, but the contract's gonna kick off as soon as he starts playing again, and when he does, he might not be the player he used to be. And the Jackets would be stuck with his contract..

Your argument still doesn't hold water. He either signs him now or signs him later. Why not get it out of the way? Again - the guy will heal and has already shown enough to be a #6 overall pick. Unless his arms fall off the chances of his game regressing is very low at best.

Also...another reason why this signing happened so quickly is because Brassard got the exact same contract as Brule who was also a #6 overall pick.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco

Or he could have used the injury as leverage to maybe put in more difficult bonus triggers.

Doug MacLean has made many Pejorative Slured moves. This is not one of them.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
Gotta love Habs fans. Do you honestly think this shoulder surgery is going to be career ending? :shakehead

Gotta love idiots. A serious shoulder injury _could_ impair said shoulder's mobility, therefore making a very agile player not so agile anymore, which doesn't mean the career is over but _might_ mean said player could become just a very average player. Get that?

By the way, my first sentence is a direct answer to the tone you used in yours. There was no use for the "Gotta love Habs fans".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->