Proposal: Blue Jackets-Ducks

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
LOL at a career high of 43 points being top 6. Shows how bad the Ducks really are and will be for a long time

LOL these guys post are just flat out laughable, the lack of hockey knowledge is outstanding. a guy who has a career high of 43 points is never bringing back a top pairing D like Murray, sorry, he's lucky to be playing in the NHL, probably wouldn't make any roster besides anaheim

had to laugh at him being the most skilled player on the Jackets, who are 2-0 vs the Ducks, Rakell doesn't even play top 6 minutes in Cleveland and they are a horrible AHL team this year.

Rakell is lucky to be playing in the NHL? Are you actually serious? If you don't know anything about a player, don't try to act like you do.

We can also talk about who is a good team and who isn't, let us know when you guys actually win a playoff series. We'll be here waiting with our multiple Division champions, playoff series wins, and our Cup.

Also, holy ****, you really think Ryan Murray is a top pairing D right now? Maybe in the future, but he's sure as hell isn't one right now. Ducks fans know Lindholm isn't a true top pairing guy right now, but yet someone who is worse than Lindholm is already a top pairing guy? Show me any evidence that points to Murray being a top pairing guy right now, because I'd wager a bet you can't find anything that says he is, let alone being better than Lindholm.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
LOL these guys post are just flat out laughable, the lack of hockey knowledge is outstanding. a guy who has a career high of 43 points is never bringing back a top pairing D like Murray, sorry, he's lucky to be playing in the NHL, probably wouldn't make any roster besides anaheim

had to laugh at him being the most skilled player on the Jackets, who are 2-0 vs the Ducks, Rakell doesn't even play top 6 minutes in Cleveland and they are a horrible AHL team this year.

Well, now you've jumped the shark.

You're trying way too hard.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
This thread is exhibit A on "The worst that HFBoards has to offer".

Every team in the league would love to have Ryan Murray and Rickard Rakell. But here we have a couple know-nothings saying they don't belong in the NHL. :laugh:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Every team in the league would love to have Ryan Murray and Rickard Rakell. But here we have a couple know-nothings saying they don't belong in the NHL. :laugh:

Everyone knows Murray is a top 4 dmen who has the potential to be a top pairing dmen... hes hit a bit of hick ups on development with injuies and what not, hopefully this is the year he comes out.

As for rakell and the guy talking about how awful rakell is and how he barly deserves to be in the NHL maybe try watching him a bit? Hes literally good at everything and if you think 43 points is his skill cap you are in for a rude awakening.

Anyway no need for a trade between the 2 teams, ducks don't really need dmen or old so/so forwards, and especially not at the expense of our 2 best young forwards.. and I'm guessing the jackets have no interest in moving murray before they see what he is fully capable of, and if they were I think teams like the Oilers/Maple leafs/ Sabers would be offering a lot more then we would.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Also, holy ****, you really think Ryan Murray is a top pairing D right now? Maybe in the future, but he's sure as hell isn't one right now. Ducks fans know Lindholm isn't a true top pairing guy right now, but yet someone who is worse than Lindholm is already a top pairing guy?

...odd, I absolutely would call Lindholm top pairing, as well as Murray. And I don't disagree with your assessment of their play relative to each other. :dunno:

* * *​

Pretty much this. It's kind of embarrassing to watch. :facepalm:

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
...odd, I absolutely would call Lindholm top pairing, as well as Murray. And I don't disagree with your assessment of their play relative to each other. :dunno:

I'm in the opinion that Lindholm is not a top pairing guy yet, though he has had flashes of top pairing play in the past. He just hasn't kept that level of play up on consistent basis. Once he plays at the level for a consistent basis, then I'll happily start calling him a #1 D that we've been wanting him to be.

Oct 18, 2011
Maybe you should do a little more work when looking at stats. Murray is a top 3 dman for Columbus and gets very little PP time. Within your "3rd pair minutes" is a game of 4 minutes due to injury as well as a 10-0 win over Montreal (two games of reduced ice time in case you need help with understanding). Remove that and he's over 20+ per game. He doesn't make mistakes, is a fabulous skater and makes the right play on a consistent basis. He played all 82 games last year after injury the year prior so his development was slowed a little. Points aren't the only issue when evaluating a player and Murray is top 4 on, if not every, most every team in the NHL.

Look, there is no need for Murray on Anaheim but you clearly haven't watched him plan and don't do enough background work to support your posts. Rakell has the look of a solid player but before calling people insane do a little more work on your argument. 7 games into a season does not define a player and maybe watch a little outside of SoCal.

The trade is bad for both teams.
Murray is a good young player that any team would love to have but it is pretty clear many people commenting have no clue how good Rakell is

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
LOL at a career high of 43 points being top 6. Shows how bad the Ducks really are and will be for a long time

43 points last season was tied for 111th overall in points. This season he has 7 points in 6 games. Last season and this season production so far are that of a top 6 forward.

Ducks aren't a bad team we are 2nd in the pacific division 2 points out of 1st place and we had been missing Rakell and Lindholm for a good amount of our games and had Getzlaf miss a few games as well. We might become bad for a long time in the future but that isn't here yet and we don't know when that will be could be years away.

I'm in the opinion that Lindholm is not a top pairing guy yet, though he has had flashes of top pairing play in the past. He just hasn't kept that level of play up on consistent basis. Once he plays at the level for a consistent basis, then I'll happily start calling him a #1 D that we've been wanting him to be.

A top pairing D doesn't need to be a #1D he can be a #2D. Lindholm is not a #1D but calling him a #2D (top pairing) wouldn't be wrong.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
43 points last season was tied for 111th overall in points. This season he has 7 points in 6 games. Last season and this season production so far are that of a top 6 forward.

Ducks aren't a bad team we are 2nd in the pacific division 2 points out of 1st place and we had been missing Rakell and Lindholm for a good amount of our games and had Getzlaf miss a few games as well. We might become bad for a long time in the future but that isn't here yet and we don't know when that will be could be years away.

A top pairing D doesn't need to be a #1D he can be a #2D. Lindholm is not a #1D but calling him a #2D (top pairing) wouldn't be wrong.

I actually disagree, our defense and goaltending is basically set for a while.... and we have started to focus on forwards in the draft to replace/move in when getz perry and kesler start their decline. I think we have done a good job restocking our pool and shouldn't have to do much of a rebuild when kes perry and getz are on their way out .

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Yep, this is what I was getting at. And at this point I think Lindholm is a #2D that can be a #1D soon, while Murray is a #2D and likely to stay there.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

I hate the ducks but in no way are they bad. Bad teams don't battle for their division each year. Look at their defense it's one of the tops in the league.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Murray is certainly worth a pretty penny, but both Ritchie and Rakell seems insane.

I have no idea why the Ducks would want Murray either given that they have a really solid top-4 [Lindholm, Fowler, Vatanen and Manson] that's needs to be protected for the expansion draft.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
This is horrible for us and takes no account for our needs.

We really need good, young forwards. So, in this trade, we give up a young top 6 forward with a lot of potential in Rakell, and then Nick Ritchie, who at the very least is a solid top 9er who can be a compliment on your top line, and who could be a top 6 forward in the future.

We are perfectly fine down the middle. Getzlaf-Kesler-Vermette-Wagner is a perfectly fine center core. So we take on both Brandon Dubinsky and Sam Gagner. Don't need them.

We have a crapton of young defenders, LHDs in particular. So we take on Ryan Murray, even though we already have, for now and for the future, Lindholm, Theodore, Fowler, Larsson, and Pettersson on our left side. (not to mention Josh Mahura who's having a breakout season in the WHL) Where would Murray fit? Not to mention that we're already going to have to part with a valuable defender due to expansion. Murray only complicates that further.

We are in a cap conundrum right now. So we take on 4 million dollars of cap space and possibly create another cap-a-geddon in 2 years with Ryan Murray's bridge expiring. Ritchie is on his ELC and Rakell is on a very team-friendly deal.

Should Columbus, on the other hand, do this deal? No. Ryan Murray is one of those guys that will take a huge price to pry away. But that's the thing. The last thing we need is another young left-handed defender, and we're not paying a premium to get something we don't need.

Both teams say no.

Last edited:

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
How is this thread not closed? It's absurd to think either team would want to do this. It literally benefits no one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->