GDT: Blue Jackets @ Capitals - 10.18.13 7PM

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I also seen 21 and 20 set up plays also that should have been goals and I don't consider them boat anchors.

Not sure what games you've been watching, but I haven't seen Brouwer set up anything. He's been awful. I saw Laich shoot the puck into Lundqvist's pad when he had an open net last game, which is par for course.

Please list one specific example each of Laich and Brouwer setting up a play that was a point blank scoring opportunity, because I can't remember a single one for either of them. I can, however, give you half a dozen times when Erat set up Wilson or Latta or Beagle on the doorstep.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Honestly, do you think it hurts this team that he's bumping Beagle out of the line-up.

No, but it hurts Fehr.

Grabo on the 3rd line. Because that worked so well for the leafs.

It wasn't so much being on the 3rd/4th line that killed Grabo last year, it was his usage. I mean, his glory days were with MacArthur and Kulemin, who are basically high end 3rd liners anyway. It was Carlyle's using his line as a shutdown line that killed his production. As long as Oates doesn't use Grabo's line that way, he should be fine. At least now he has wingers with a little chemistry, who actually know their role.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Grabo should still get PP time, so the 3rd line thing isn't so bad. Plus now he doesn't have to play with Laich, so that's a bonus for him.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
That line up is so...meh. Can Green carry a pairing again? He did it with +50, so we know it's in him. If so, then the bottom 4 look really good. I like Urbom/Olesky. The forward lines are depressing though. So many possibilities, and Oates waits 7 freaking games to make a change. Will it be 7 more games before more changes happen? 4-10??

Anyway, I'm guessing an OT game. Maybe even a shoot out. Hope caps win.

2-5-1 or 2-6 is ugly. Capital U ugly.

God, this pisses me off.

Fitlanbox

Jul 10, 2011
Positives:
Carlzner is back.
Erat getting a chance on the second line.
Top line didn't get shuffled.
Oates has shown that he actually will give in and change up the lines(at least every once in awhile).
Chimmer-Grabovski-Ward should actually be a pretty good line. I still think Laich and Grabs should be swapped, but this should nonetheless be a pretty good puck possession line and should be able to generate something at even strength.

Negatives:
Laich as 2C
Fehr at 4C, if the center thing isn't working out and he's getting demoted, I don't see why he doesn't just go back to wing and leave Beagle in.
Schimdt-Green. Might be good, might be a disaster, gonna have to wait and see. I personally hope that Alzner-Carlson gets top pairing minutes, not Schmidt-Green

Gonna be a lot to take away from this one.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Will be interesting to see ES TOI of top-4 defs and 2nd/3rd lines also.

Last time Green didn't play with Alzner it was Hamrlik or Erskine, probably?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Maybe that Alzner Carlson pair is really our top pair tonight.

Why exactly would Oates need to show it in practice?

Let's see the TOI. I will say ES Pair 2 wins.

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
Remember the CLaW line? Someone needs to remind Oates.

Grabo is our new Semin. He needs a speedy playmaker like Erat, not sit on the 3rd line with two grinders.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
According to the Blue Jackets pre-game broadcast, Oates "called out," Grabovski and Erat for not understanding his defensive system, anyone know what they are talking about?

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
garbo is on the 3line because they want to get laich going watever that means

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad