GDT: Blue Jackets @ Capitals - 10.18.13 7PM

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I am confused. I just check grabovski's game log. he has 3 games at -1. two wins and a 5-1 blow out loss. the only way to get a minus and not have the goalie give up a goal is for it to be an empty net goal. what am I missing here? how could he have 3 minus games yet have goalies with a perfect 100% sv% while he's on the ice?

He has a 100% sv% in 5v5 close scenarios. The goals against have occurred while one team is ahead by 2 goals or more.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
Grabovski is actually our most affective player stats-wise. He is the only forward on the entire team that when he is on the ice our goalie's SV % is 100.00. Now that includes every game up to this point. Going back to when he only primarily skated with Laich/Brouwer he had even possession scores with even zone starts, a positive goal differential and was playing a bunch of minutes. The stats show that he drives the play forward constantly. It definitely was not him bringing down that line.

Wha, huh? This is probably the worst attempt at statistical analysis I've ever seen.

Because goalies are saving 100% of pucks behind Grabovski means he drives play forward? If anything, that shows that Grabovski is lucky. All of the shot-based metrics show Grabo as driving play backwards so far this season. His even strength production is almost non-existant as well (only one point at ES).

Agreed. 100% on-ice save percentage implies he's very lucky, and that his current stats are better than his play would normally produce.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
He has a 100% sv% in 5v5 close scenarios. The goals against have occurred while one team is ahead by 2 goals or more.

oh....big deal. I read, "Grabovski is actually our most affective player stats-wise. He is the only forward on the entire team that when he is on the ice our goalie's SV % is 100.00." now we have a qualifier. talk about misleading.

Burakovsky95*

oh....big deal. I read, "Grabovski is actually our most affective player stats-wise. He is the only forward on the entire team that when he is on the ice our goalie's SV % is 100.00." now we have a qualifier. talk about misleading.

Oh come off it. Anything you post always gets attacked for usually being completely off based.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad