Status
Not open for further replies.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
GR has Kiersted in for Stralman and CD backing up:

Im taking submissions for Knight’s picture ;)
Squidward_Tentacles.svg

Squidward

That's his nickname & the picture is painted on the back on all of his helmets.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I'm worried about injuries to key players at this point. I know we want the 1st overall seed but it doesn't matter what seed we are without some key guys.

CursedCats

Mar 10, 2020
Knight making his debut on 4/20 because Driedger is probably stoned today if you think about it. We’ve all seen Judge’s chill postgame interviews.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I'm worried about injuries to key players at this point. I know we want the 1st overall seed but it doesn't matter what seed we are without some key guys.
I'm not.

Think about last year. One of the many factors in the failure was that team was too soft. I think that has been a reputation for this franchise for a long time. I think games like last night will be really good in the long run along with the addition of Bennett to get this team tough and hard-nosed for the playoffs. If the Panthers are going to beat the Lightning or Hurricanes in the first round then I think they need to be tougher.

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I'm not.

Think about last year. One of the many factors in the failure was that team was too soft. I think that has been a reputation for this franchise for a long time. I think games like last night will be really good in the long run along with the addition of Bennett to get this team tough and hard-nosed for the playoffs. If the Panthers are going to be the lightning or hurricanes in the first round then I think they need to be tougher.
I agree, and in fact I hope we come out really hard, maybe fight a CBJ ahole in the first minute. Set the tone. No hoping for it to go away, but go right at it.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I wonder if Florida has the least home developed top 9 right now: only Barkov and Huberdeau were drafted by the organization and only Barkov, Huberdeau, and Vatrano were developed much by the organization...Compare this to Tampa who has. Conversely, Tampa's entire top 6 +Kucherov/Stamkos were developed at home

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
I wonder if Florida has the least home developed top 9 right now: only Barkov and Huberdeau were drafted by the organization and only Barkov, Huberdeau, and Vatrano were developed much by the organization...Compare this to Tampa who has. Conversely, Tampa's entire top 6 +Kucherov/Stamkos were developed at home
Maybe Montreal could give us a run for that money?

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019
I'm not.

Think about last year. One of the many factors in the failure was that team was too soft. I think that has been a reputation for this franchise for a long time. I think games like last night will be really good in the long run along with the addition of Bennett to get this team tough and hard-nosed for the playoffs. If the Panthers are going to be the lightning or hurricanes in the first round then I think they need to be tougher.

100% CC...

This dimension has been missing from Panther teams for some time. Opponents routinely would take runs at our key players, without much, if any, worry about retribution.

I truly believe Mr. Z, I'm sure in complete agreement with Coach Q, saw this for what it was; and many of the changes made were focused on an overhaul designed to change the team's attitude and culture. Credit to all the additions, since last year came to a close, including all the latest TDL additions. Also credit to all the players that remained for "buying in."

IMHO, this developing edition of the Florida Panthers, based on attitude, performance and effort; is fast becoming a team we all can be very proud to support.

I agree with setting a tone tonight, by taking care of the business at hand against the Jackets; in full support of Spencer Knight's NHL debut. And in doing so, get prepared to "welcome" the Carolina Hurricanes, and Mr. Trocheck, to the house...:nod: :naughty: :thumbu::hockey:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
100% CC...

This dimension has been missing from Panther teams for some time. Opponents routinely would take runs at our key players, without much, if any, worry about retribution.

I truly believe Mr. Z, I'm sure in complete agreement with Coach Q, saw this for what it was; and many of the changes made were focused on an overhaul designed to change the team's attitude and culture. Credit to all the additions, since last year came to a close, including all the latest TDL additions. Also credit to all the players that remained for "buying in."

IMHO, this developing edition of the Florida Panthers, based on attitude, performance and effort; is fast becoming a team we all can be very proud to support.

I agree with setting a tone tonight, by taking care of the business at hand against the Jackets; in full support of Spencer Knight's NHL debut. And in doing so, get prepared to "welcome" the Carolina Hurricanes, and Mr. Trocheck, to the house...:nod: :naughty: :thumbu::hockey:

Kinda funny when we get tougher yet have the softest players in the league on the team. Backed up with actual stats too

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Well, last game was pretty good. Took care of business. Wasn't perfect, but they showed they're a good team that can win on a workmanlike performance.
I hate that the Tampa/Carolina game went to OT, but what can you do? Tampa got the win, that's what we needed the most.
Let's go there and take care of business again.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
For what it's worth, I dont think we lost the Islanders series because we were so soft. They didnt get beat physically. I think the Islanders played a style that the players we had were unable to break. Further, our defensive structure was horrid. We gave up way too many grade A chances without generating our own. They kept us on the perimeters. They shut down the stretch passes.

We simply got Out Hockey'd. The 2015-16 playoff series against the Islanders was MUCH more physical than the one back in August in my opinion. Are the Islanders tough to play against? 100%. They play a style of hockey that is tough to play against, not necessarily their overwhelming toughness. Panthers fare'd way better against the physically tougher series but were Greiss'd.

Reactions: scholl and Pigge

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
For what it's worth, I dont think we lost the Islanders series because we were so soft. They didnt get beat physically. I think the Islanders played a style that the players we had were unable to break. Further, our defensive structure was horrid. We gave up way too many grade A chances without generating our own. They kept us on the perimeters. They shut down the stretch passes.

We simply got Out Hockey'd. The 2015-16 playoff series against the Islanders was MUCH more physical than the one back in August in my opinion. Are the Islanders tough to play against? 100%. They play a style of hockey that is tough to play against, not necessarily their overwhelming toughness. Panthers fare'd way better against the physically tougher series but were Greiss'd.
We lost because (a) Matheson made horrid breaks, (b) our defense didn't perform and (c) we had limited depth. We were playing Wallmark as our 2C one game; this season we will hopefully have three lines that could score consistently

Reactions: Gentle Man

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
We lost because (a) Matheson made horrid breaks, (b) our defense didn't perform and (c) we had limited depth. We were playing Wallmark as our 2C one game; this season we will hopefully have three lines that could score consistently

Yea. Matheson was horrid in August. He was either on ice or in the box for, what, 15 straight goals?

We rolled Matheson, Yandle, Stralman, Haula Walmark down the middle, had Acciari playing top 6 wing in spots...it was a complete mess.

Had nothing to do with being soft. They got outplayed.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Yea. Matheson was horrid in August. He was either on ice or in the box for, what, 15 straight goals?

We rolled Matheson, Yandle, Stralman, Haula Walmark down the middle, had Acciari playing top 6 wing in spots...it was a complete mess.

Had nothing to do with being soft. They got outplayed.
There was a sense that the players got passive when facing that better team. Definitely not a case of being physically soft, but lacking the mental fortitude to play their best when they needed it. It's fine practice to play against a dirty opponent and referees that enable them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->