Blue Chip Propsets

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
What are some actual Blue Chip Prospects that are out there in the systems of teams that would maybe want to make a deal for some of our veteran players?

I think it would really soften the blow of dealing a Milan Lucic (or anyone for that matter) if we get in return a Filip Forsberg or something of that ilk. Preferably wingers and D prospects.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
Ehlers from Winnipeg
Theodore from Anaheim
Bennett from Calgary
Nurse from Edmonton

Maybe not a blue chip but I've always liked Marchment (sp) from LA. It would be cool to acquire more Marchy's.

Also I don't think many Blue Chip Prospects are available for Milan Lucic.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Ehlers from Winnipeg
Theodore from Anaheim
Bennett from Calgary
Nurse from Edmonton

Maybe not a blue chip but I've always liked Marchment (sp) from LA. It would be cool to acquire more Marchy's.

Be willing to bet you are wrong on that one.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Nick Ritchie.

I like Ehlers, Draisaitl too. There's a big list, only problem is none of them belong to Boston :cry:

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Ehlers from Winnipeg
Theodore from Anaheim
Bennett from Calgary
Nurse from Edmonton

I think you might be a little off on that one. Chia was dumb, but he gave up what a lot us saw at the time (Joe Colborne) a blue chip prospect for Thomas Kaberle and people didn't see that as much of a raw deal at the time. Milan Lucic is worth a lot more to a team on the cusp with better prospects than us. I think maybe Calgary and Winnepeg are our best trading partners. Edmonton trades have been beaten to death on this board. Bennett for Lucic seems fair to me.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I guess Anaheim's group of top prospects (Gibson, Theodore and Ritchie) could be involved in a deal if they're looking to get over the hump, but it's probably unlikely. They do already have some good young D-men in place and might be willing to exclusively roll with Andersen, so Theodore and Gibson may be more likely.

Who knows what Chia will do in Edmonton. It's possible Draisaitl could be involved in a deal.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Would like to see Anaheim listen to some trades with some good young prospects. You'd be hard pressed to find a Ducks fan that would not like to see a line of:

Lucic - Getzlaf - Perry

I'm a Bruins fan and even I'd like to see that line.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Would like to see Anaheim listen to some trades with some good young prospects. You'd be hard pressed to find a Ducks fan that would not like to see a line of:

Lucic - Getzlaf - Perry

might have been possible if they draft that stiff stuart in 03

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think you might be a little off on that one. Chia was dumb, but he gave up what a lot us saw at the time (Joe Colborne) a blue chip prospect for Thomas Kaberle and people didn't see that as much of a raw deal at the time. Milan Lucic is worth a lot more to a team on the cusp with better prospects than us. I think maybe Calgary and Winnepeg are our best trading partners. Edmonton trades have been beaten to death on this board. Bennett for Lucic seems fair to me.

I liked Colborne, still do, but nobody who was paying any attention considered Colborne a blue chip prospect at the time of the Kaberle deal. He was a flawed played with so e upside potential coming off a miserable first season in Providence where he was burried

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Talking about in house: Hamilton, Pastrnak and Subban are blue chippers.

Spooner on the borderline

I like Griffith as well, showed me alot in a very short time this season, areas that need to be improved but I think I`d put him in this category

Max a 2nd line winger but I could see him being a very comfortable player to have on the 3rd line who could add some pop

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Only true blue-chippers I see in the Bruins organization are Pastrnak and Hamilton. That's it.

After them there are a whole bunch of good to very good young players like Spooner, Khokhlachev, Ferlin, Griffith, Krug, Subban, Heinen, McIntyre, Trotman, O'Gara, Morrow and Cehlarik.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site

Lucic - Getzlaf - Perry

Anaheim makes a lot of sense to me as a possible landing spot for a guy like Lucic.

I would think that they'd at least listen on guys like Etem, Noesen, Palmeiri, Rakell, Sekac, and Theodore.

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015
My favorites are Adam Erne, Ryan MacInnis, Darnell Nurse, Chase DeLeo, Jimmy Vesey....not all "blue chip" but some of my favorites out there.

Erne would be fantastic here, the fanbase would love him. Marchand with about 4" of added height and 20lbs of extra muscle. Tampa could be an interesting partner with some pretty soiid youth on the blueline as well.

Erne + Nesterov, DeAngelo, or Koekkoek would be a pretty enticing package.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Erne would be fantastic here, the fanbase would love him. Marchand with about 4" of added height and 20lbs of extra muscle. Tampa could be an interesting partner with some pretty soiid youth on the blueline as well.

Erne + Nesterov, DeAngelo, or Koekkoek would be a pretty enticing package.

Let's go for their biggest fish: Their whole scouting staff!:naughty:

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
Nick Ritchie.

I like Ehlers, Draisaitl too. There's a big list, only problem is none of them belong to Boston :cry:

I think Anaheim is the western team that makes the most sense for Boston to trade with. I like Ritchie, Theodore, and Etem. The Ducks have a must-act-now window and the cap space to make it happen.

In the East I like working with the Islanders again. Dal Colle, Reinhart, and Pulock are all great prospects, and again they have plenty of cap space. The move to Brooklyn also might generate more interest for Lucic if he doesn't already have the Islanders on his list.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
I think Anaheim is the western team that makes the most sense for Boston to trade with. I like Ritchie, Theodore, and Etem. The Ducks have a must-act-now window and the cap space to make it happen.

In the East I like working with the Islanders again. Dal Colle, Reinhart, and Pulock are all great prospects, and again they have plenty of cap space. The move to Brooklyn also might generate more interest for Lucic if he doesn't already have the Islanders on his list.

I wonder if Anaheim would take Chara and if he'd waive to go there.

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
I don't think they would give up much for him. More likely would be interested in Lucic or Ericksson.

I would look at sending Lucic 50% retained for Ritchie and a D prospect like Montour or Welinski.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad