OT: Blue Bombers Thread - 2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Drew Willy has looked terrible against B.C. Too bad what happened to him because he looked like he could’ve been something for us at one point.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Hall should’ve been canned in the offseason but they used excuse that it was players not playing his system (see Heath).

Now, we got guys like Fenner and Gaitor, who are supposedly good players. They got absolutely slaughtered against Edmonton. Are they not playing Hall’s system or are Hall’s systems bad?

I get that Edmonton is a good team but it’s frustrating that we will have to piss away yet another season because Hall and his D will simply just fold against good teams. We won’t get past Calgary or Edmonton in the West semi again with Richie Hall’s D.
I doubt we'll get past BC and Sask to even be in the semis :dunno:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I doubt we'll get past BC and Sask to even be in the semis :dunno:

Zero chance we finish behind either BC or Sask. Zero. I know pessimism is "in" since Bombers lost by 3 points on a lightning delayed game with a QB who was in college a couple of months ago to what many figure is the Grey Cup favourite but try to be a little realistic. The Bombers are far better than either Sask or BC.

Reactions: SLAYER

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Zero chance we finish behind either BC or Sask. Zero. I know pessimism is "in" since Bombers lost by 3 points on a lightning delayed game with a QB who was in college a couple of months ago to what many figure is the Grey Cup favourite but try to be a little realistic. The Bombers are far better than either Sask or BC.

I agree that we should be able to finish ahead of both B.C. and Sask. Wouldn’t put the odds at zero but that’s beside the point.

It’s just one game but Sask looked good (and they’re defense actually stepped up with the game on the line). B.C. really struggled at home against Montreal, and despite would TSN would have you believe, Jennings did not look spectacular.

For me, it doesn’t matter if we finish ahead of those teams because I have no faith in being able to defeat Edmonton or Calgary. BLM and Reilly are good QBs and our defense has proven time and time again that they’ll fold like cheap lawn chairs against them.

Chris Randle, who I’ve been told is the best corner in the league, got taken to the cleaners by a good receiver yet again. Fenner and Gaitor were supposed to be so great, but neither looked like anything special. Is it the players or is it Hall’s systems? I’m gonna take a stab at it being Hall.

You can make excuses about the lightning delay and the rookie QB. I agree, with Nichols playing we probably win. But we had the game in hand and the defense sat back and let Edmonton march down the field in the fourth. That can’t happen. When we didn’t score after Fogg’s interception, I even turned to the person I was sitting with and said that that was the game and we were gonna lose. I have no faith in the defense with the game on the line.

Maybe it’s pessimistic, and it is a small sample size. We will see how we do against likely the worst starting QB in the league next week. We might have a decent enough D to stop him, but come playoffs BLM or Reilly will slaughter us again.

Sorry for the long post just trying to vent some frustration, I really wish we had a good D.

Edit: I’d also like to add that LaPolice needs to smarten up with play calling. Far too conservative late in the game. And hand the ball off way more. Edmonton could not stop Harris. And for some reason we shied away from using him. Harris is a huge threat in the backfield, and as a Canadian, doesn’t hurt the ratio. They need to utilize him way, way, way more.

Last edited:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think we'll win the Grey Cup. Don't know if I'll be going to many Bomber games because of all the money I've spent for the playoffs and the trip to Vegas for the conference finals. The thing that amazed me was when I payed off my credit card that I wasn't in any debt at all. I'm one of the people who'd take a Moose game over Bomber tickets any day of the week. My buddy will take me the odd time if his brother can't go with him.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
We won’t make it anywhere with a Ritchie Hall defence.

It’s blatantly obvious.
Every game since that boat anchor came along has been the same.

Our Offence is and has been great since LaPo

Our D? Same story over and over.
We are ok for a quarter or two, the opposition make adjustments..... we don’t .... suddenly we can’t stop anything, our secondary are confused and lost and unable to
Make reads or understand what’s happening. Ritchie completely unable to adjust....we lose game on last minute drive from opposition.
Repeated the same next game

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
It all depends on how deep a hole we dig ourselves waiting for Nichols to return.

Reactions: sipowicz

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
It all depends on how deep a hole we dig ourselves waiting for Nichols to return.

Wasn't the QB that lost the game on Thursday. They're playing far worse teams than Edmonton coming up. They'll be fine.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Ti-Cats released Vernon Adams, but I think the Bombers will be sticking with what we got.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Ti-Cats released Vernon Adams, but I think the Bombers will be sticking with what we got.

Bombers appear to have no interest. I still think Adams would be better than Gale but since Gale is likely only here for 4-5 weeks while our QB's get healthy (Bennett likely ends up released or PR as well) it's not a big deal.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Drew Willy has looked terrible against B.C. Too bad what happened to him because he looked like he could’ve been something for us at one point.

Willy was always overrated, pretty tough for an immobile QB to have success in the CFL. Willy's arm strength was also suspect!

Reactions: snowkiddin

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Depth chart is out. In are LB/HB Maurice Leggett, LB Ian Wild, QB Mitchell Gale, RB Kienan Lafrance. Moved down to practice roster is RB Johnny Augustine, WR Ryan Lankford, LB Kyrie Wilson. Moved to 6 game IR is QB Alex Ross.

Right now they have Leggett still listed as a backup LB, meaning they will either be easing him in or he might be scratched, IMO. Leggett has mostly been lining up at HB this year in practice, I'm guessing he replaces Alexander soon. But just having him back is huge, he is the emotional leader of the defense. Montreal has nothing on offense, I expect them to feast on Montreal tomorrow.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Nichols will be back soon. Zero interest in Adams.

Hopefully. Next Tuesday will be 3 weeks from the date of the injury. Initial reports were 4-6 weeks meaning as soon as July 7 vs BC we might see his return. Latest would be after the home and home vs BC so July 21 at TOR.

The good news was Streveler was decent enough in his debut. 3TD's, 178yards, 15 for 28 not horrible numbers. Compare that to 6 starts made by not Willy or Nichols since 2014 you have Robert Marve, Brian Brohm, Dan LeFevour, and Dominique Davis you have combined 6 starts, 1 TD (by Marve), 3 INTs. Streveler is the best prospect the Bombers have had at QB in a long long time. He'll need a couple of years still of seasoning, IMO, but gotta be excited by him right now.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Hopefully that's the last we see of Lankford. Useless waste of an international spot, IMO.

Doubtful since they bothered to keep him on the PR. They also kept him over guys who had impressive resumes (Randle) and impressive camps ( Corey Washington). I agree with you, but they seem to really like his return skill and still see him as a viable receiver for some reason.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Not a must win for the BB's but going 0-2 would put them in a tough spot!

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Anyone else really like this Montreal logo? I think it's temporary but I think it's miles better than their current 'A' logo.

woRZUhv.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad