Half-Assed GDT: blu@leef

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Jaybo is highly respected in the room, played on 1 leg last year. Not saying he is immune to criticism, but not like he did something egregious in Montreal game. Picking HNIC game to scratch him is insulting and I expect won't go unnoticed in the room.
This is a serious reach. Bouwmeester has been in the league a long time. He’s played on HNIC before. If any Blues players are upset because some guy won’t be on TV tonight, they have some serious mental issues. Why would HNIC be a determining factor for who plays?

Fabbri doesn't appear to be on the trip (or at least not practicing) but Soshnikov just got sent to SA for a conditioning assignment. I expect he will be back in the lineup before Fabbri, probably at the expense of Sanford.
I wouldn’t go that far. Sosh has to actually make it through the conditioning assignment healthy first which is already a challenge. Then he has to stay healthy in the NHL to stay in the lineup, and actually contribute too. If other players play well, he’s not knocking anyone out of the lineup.

Couldn't disagree more. Yeo's biggest issue isn't scheme, its he isn't a leader. His postgame news conferences where he lashes out are an abomination. Players know whether coach cares about them and taking stuff like this into consideration is part of it. It's why players compete harder for some coaches than others. You think this team would bust through wall for Yeo?
I don’t really understand this. Would the team run through a wall for Hitch? Did they really like the guy? Probably not. I think you’re confusing being a leader with being a players coach. You don’t need to be liked to be a good coach.

Reactions: Bendak

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Taking a night off from the Blues and this board. I'm working anyway. I can't read any more of the anti -Bouwmeester vitriol. It's even being spewed by fans of other teams on the mains. It's ugly and disappointing. Have a good night. Go Blues.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Taking a night off from the Blues and this board. I'm working anyway. I can't read any more of the anti -Bouwmeester vitriol. It's even being spewed by fans of other teams on the mains. It's ugly and disappointing. Have a good night. Go Blues.
Look I like the guy and have defended him pretty much up to this season, but how can anyone objectively view his game this season and not agree that he has been playing flat out poorly?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

People don't hate Jbo. I think Jbo hasn't been that good what he use to be, happy he has some legs after that injury and rehab, but I doubt we're going to lose game when Jbo is popcorn guy. I'm fan of kids like Dunn and Schmaltz are playing. Not sure Jerbanekki is worth of top6 role.

I see more worrisome that Thomas is healthy scratched then Jbo.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
The number of shots Toronto gets on us tonight:

giphy.gif
But we've Jake 'The Snake' Allen.

@elkranio

Could you work with this? Add Allen face to snakey guy and maybe Yeo fluite player or the short stature guy (midget) ? Hey add Husso there too :laugh:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Jaybo is highly respected in the room, played on 1 leg last year. Not saying he is immune to criticism, but not like he did something egregious in Montreal game. Picking HNIC game to scratch him is insulting and I expect won't go unnoticed in the room.
HNIC is a triviality. It has no impact in this decision. It’s not a personal insult, it’s a passionless decision based on how poorly he’s playing right now. His personal sacrifice is commendable, but doesn’t conjure up results.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
This game is gonna get out of hand in a hurry if our guys didn't have a couple positive days of practice and are ready to play with a sense of urgency. Cheers, mates.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Gonna go ahead and guess the final score is 42-35. Both teams seem to not like defense. At least it will be a one score game at the end like every other game. Maybe if nosegaued Jake Allen blocks an extra point it will be 41-35

Reactions: Bendak and The Note

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
ok we need a real drinking game for these games

drink every time maroon tries the jam play
drink every time parayko lets someone smash jake in front
drink for every too many men penalty
drink every time jaybo is scratched during hnic

what else we got