Half-Assed GDT: blu@leef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I don’t agree with everything Yeo does but there are certainly some overreactions here about him. Yeah of course Yeo is desperate. That’s not shocking. Most coaches in his position would be. The team has won 1 game as we head into the 7th game of the season. They need to turn it around. So let’s mix up the lines and see what works. It’s worth a shot.

He’s gotta do anything he can to jump start this team. Some of you are far too concerned with Thomas and Kyrou than the team actually winning a game.

I'm more concerned that were benching good players because I think it negatively impacts our chances of winning games.

His solution to the problems right now is "Oh no, we have little to no chemistry on this team that is a bunch of new guys with very little that was here last year. I know, let's make sure we change lines EVERY SINGLE GAME to continue a lack of chemistry"

Kyrou looked good with O'Reilly. They were arguably our most dangerous line last game. Why is he on the 4th right now

Reactions: Bendak

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Did I read that correctly? Someone is criticizing Yeo for scratching Bouwmeester? The hell?

Yeo could save a kid from getting hit by a car and someone would bitch about it right now.

I’m glad to see the changes in the lineup. Excited to see the kid line play together. I think that move is an indication that Fabbri may be back soon.

If we don’t see the Blues’ best game tonight, playing with desperation, we’ll never see it.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Did I read that correctly? Someone is criticizing Yeo for scratching Bouwmeester? The hell?

Yeo could save a kid from getting hit by a car and someone would ***** about it right now.

I’m glad to see the changes in the lineup. Excited to see the kid line play together. I think that move is an indication that Fabbri may be back soon.

If we don’t see the Blues’ best game tonight, playing with desperation, we’ll never see it.
It's the internet. Somebody will be there to complain about every possible thing

Edgar Carrow

The Misshapen Steed
Oct 12, 2013
Blackwater Park
I don’t agree with everything Yeo does but there are certainly some overreactions here about him. Yeah of course Yeo is desperate. That’s not shocking. Most coaches in his position would be. The team has won 1 game as we head into the 7th game of the season. They need to turn it around. So let’s mix up the lines and see what works. It’s worth a shot.

He’s gotta do anything he can to jump start this team. Some of you are far too concerned with Thomas and Kyrou than the team actually winning a game.

giphy.webp

Reactions: E76 and Bendak

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I'm more concerned that were benching good players because I think it negatively impacts our chances of winning games.

His solution to the problems right now is "Oh no, we have little to no chemistry on this team that is a bunch of new guys with very little that was here last year. I know, let's make sure we change lines EVERY SINGLE GAME to continue a lack of chemistry"

Kyrou looked good with O'Reilly. They were arguably our most dangerous line last game. Why is he on the 4th right now
In a game where we scored zero even strength goals? ROR with one SOG and Kyrou with zero, the most dangerous line in a pile of shit. You got to be squinting pretty hard to take any positives from that game.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
In a game where we scored zero even strength goals? ROR with one SOG and Kyrou with zero, the most dangerous line in a pile of ****. You got to be squinting pretty hard to take any positives from that game.

Only if you aren't looking for them. A line or player can look good without scoring a goal.

Reactions: Bendak and 67Blues

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

Fabbri doesn't appear to be on the trip (or at least not practicing) but Soshnikov just got sent to SA for a conditioning assignment. I expect he will be back in the lineup before Fabbri, probably at the expense of Sanford.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Positives for tonight: SST line is back together, they are finally playing their 6 best defensemen

Negatives for tonight: Apparently Parayko is playing his off side, Sanford in the Top 6 is questionable (though that can be corrected in-game) and Glenn Hall is still painting the barn

Reactions: Bendak and KirkOut

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Fabbri doesn't appear to be on the trip (or at least not practicing) but Soshnikov just got sent to SA for a conditioning assignment. I expect he will be back in the lineup before Fabbri, probably at the expense of Sanford.
Ah, well maybe it’s not as close as I thought.

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I wonder if the Blues really would have exercised a buy-out for Gunnarsson or Bouwmeester barring injury. If they had, it would probably just have been spent giving Maroon a more market appropriate salary.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Positives for tonight: SST line is back together, they are finally playing their 6 best defensemen

Negatives for tonight: Apparently Parayko is playing his off side, Sanford in the Top 6 is questionable (though that can be corrected in-game) and Glenn Hall is still painting the barn
I can't remember Parayko playing his offside. Maybe it will be a change that sparks a next gear in his game. I'm definitely not a hopelessly naive Blues fan.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Yeo could save a kid from getting hit by a car and someone would ***** about it right now.

Jaybo is highly respected in the room, played on 1 leg last year. Not saying he is immune to criticism, but not like he did something egregious in Montreal game. Picking HNIC game to scratch him is insulting and I expect won't go unnoticed in the room.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
If a players hometown ever factored into a decision to play him or not, then that coach should be fired. Thomas not dressing for his first pro trip to Toronto is a nothing-story, and its crazy to think how it could be construed as anything more.
Couldn't disagree more. Yeo's biggest issue isn't scheme, its he isn't a leader. His postgame news conferences where he lashes out are an abomination. Players know whether coach cares about them and taking stuff like this into consideration is part of it. It's why players compete harder for some coaches than others. You think this team would bust through wall for Yeo?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Why on earth Kyrou didn't get longer look with ROR and Tarasenko then 12min? Is it justified move by Yeo?

Code:
Schwartz - Schenn - Tarasenko
Sanford - O’Reilly - Perron
Maroon - Bozak - Steen
Blais - Barbashev - Kyrou

Dunn - Pietrangelo
Parayko - Schmaltz
Edmundson - Bortuzzo

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
It's the internet. Somebody will be there to complain about every possible thing

Bouwmeester “I’m not going to complain about people complaining about my play. I’m also not going to complain about being scratched. Well, all of us except Allen. But I’m not going to talk about it or complain. Like really, who has given up more breakaways, me or Pietrangelo?? I’m just saying but I’m not talking about that kind of stuff or complaining. Have you seen our coach??? I’m not going to talk about it. Was I the only person in the world who saw Parayko gift wrap 2 points to the Habs??? Seriously what the f*** kind of dumb shit play is that???

But, I’m not going to talk about that stuff and you won’t catch me complaining.”

Reactions: KirkOut and Bendak

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Bouwmeester “I’m not going to complain about people complaining about my play. I’m also not going to complain about being scratched. Well, all of us except Allen. But I’m not going to talk about it or complain. Like really, who has given up more breakaways, me or Pietrangelo?? I’m just saying but I’m not talking about that kind of stuff or complaining. Have you seen our coach??? I’m not going to talk about it. Was I the only person in the world who saw Parayko gift wrap 2 points to the Habs??? Seriously what the **** kind of dumb **** play is that???

But, I’m not going to talk about that stuff and you won’t catch me complaining.”
Jay "Cicero" Bouwmeester

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012

Call me cynical but I thinking winning a game would involve playing your best players and I’m sorry but if Sanford is one of your best top 6 forwards then the Blues are screwed. I want the kid to succeed but he doesn’t have top 6 talent and never did. Kyrou was very dynamic and his been showing he belongs. He missed a golden opportunity to score last game, so have many other veterans on this team. Barbashev has been one of our best penalty killers and a solid 4th liner. He’s done that consistently through the first 6 games. Sanford played well in Montreal but it was well in his short stint and didn’t show anything more than Thomas, Blais, or Kyrou. So that means he deserves a top 6 shot? Blais hasn’t show half the skill, skating, or sense of Thomas and that means he gets to stay in all 6 games with a few top 6 chances? All I have been arguing is that Yeo is making poor personnel and coaching decisions. Not playing Thomas in his home town probably isn’t a huge deal in the grand scheme, but it definitely plays a role in getting a player to play better for you.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Has Sanford or Barbashev outplayed Thomas?

I was sum up our PK duo's.

Code:
#1 ROR (1:36) - Steen (2:36)
#2 Bozak (1:39) - Barbashev (1:20)
#3 Schenn (1:09) - Schwartz (0:54)

Last game Sandford recorded 0:58, could it just be Yeo valu high Sanford usage at PK higher and that's why he's ahead Thomas and playing?

I haven't look that much of games, but I don't see Barbashev has been clearly better player compare to Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->