News Article: BLOG: Seabrook Hopes to Return to Skating Soon as Recovery Progresses

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
The article calls this monstrosity "majestic"???

NujAvx5.png

Reactions: Pez68 and Mrfenn92

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
So lets say Seabrook is back because he wants to give it another go...Do they move Murphy to the left side and buyout De Haan?

Keith-Boqvist
Murphy-Mitchell
Maatta-Seabrook

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
So lets say Seabrook is back because he wants to give it another go...Do they move Murphy to the left side and buyout De Haan?

Keith-Boqvist
Murphy-Mitchell
Maatta-Seabrook

Maatta Seabrook was bad. Maatta 4K was actually a decent third pair.

I really don't see how Seabrook gets reintegrated into this lineup unless the surgeries result in a massive physical transformation. Is there a precedent for a player Seabrook's age coming back in their old form after surgery?

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Even if his surgeries cleaned up any underlying issues, his cardio still won't be there. That's not something you develop in one offseason, which we have seen with Seabs before when he came to camp in great (relative) shape and looked rejuvenated for 15-20 games.

What we can hope for if he decides to play and there isn't an option to buy him out is a really good, borderline great dman for 15 min a game. That's absolutely the best case scenario if he plays for us next year.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Nothing sadder than a player who doesn’t understand they’re completely finished. Just go home and enjoy the pay checks for the next four years.

It's a rare pro jock walks away on top. Can't says I'd do any different - money, adulation, camaraderie - but ... it's always kinda sad to see and sometimes brutal.

Seabs these last couple seasons ... I get mad at myself for getting mad at him - truly one of my favorite Hawks just that ... Pro sports the ultimate meritocracy ...

Reactions: Hattrick Kane

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Nothing sadder than a player who doesn’t understand they’re completely finished. Just go home and enjoy the pay checks for the next four years.

precisely! Stay the hell on LTIR if you know what is good for you, your family and the hawks... really quite simple

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Versteeg used to talk about how long it took to come back from major surgery, let along the 3+ issues Seabs has had going on. Even if the injuries were truly and mainly the reason for Seabrooks terrible play the last couple years, Versteeg said your first year back youre not yourself all year because youre timid, youre just getting your timing back, the speed of the game, but you flinch when you know contact is near, and you just spent the last 6-12 months just rehabbing the injury to get it good enough to play again, it takes another year after that to get your strength, conditioning, and overall level of fitness back to get to your optimal playing self to be strong on your skates, win battles, etc.

Seabrook will not be good enough to get a top 6 spot this year, at his age he will fall another step behind the game and it will move too fast for his body to keep up with

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad