Blocking shots

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
As much as i hate the devils announcers they brought up some fair points. Last year our identity was blocking shots and playing hard nosed defense. That is gone right now. we have 35 block shots which is ver low from the top teams who have like 75. Hell Salvador has 25 alone. Im not making excuses for Hank because he has been bad this year but we dont block shots anymore and i think tahts has to do with losing guys like feds dubi prust and now with callahan being out

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
As much as i hate the devils announcers they brought up some fair points. Last year our identity was blocking shots and playing hard nosed defense. That is gone right now. we have 35 block shots which is ver low from the top teams who have like 75. Hell Salvador has 25 alone. Im not making excuses for Hank because he has been bad this year but we dont block shots anymore and i think tahts has to do with losing guys like feds dubi prust and now with callahan being out

I think this resonates from Torts. I remember hearing an interview with him at the beginning of the season about how important he thought it was for guys not to get hurt in the shortened season. You can definitely tell a difference.. guys aren't getting up to the points like they did last season and it's really noticeable

wr50l

Nov 5, 2011
Statistically, teams that lead the shot blocking tally over a season don't come anywhere near the Cup so I'm not too worried about this aspect of things. The more concerning part of losing Prust, Dubinsky and Anisimov is that we haven't replaced them with players of equal skill.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Where are you getting 35 blocked shots from?
It appears 35 blocked shots is the amount they had in their road games prior to this one. So you're comparing their total from 3 road games to other teams. Some teams have played as many as eight road games.

They have 123 blocked shots in 9 games.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
does anyone know Lundqvist's thoughts on the amount of shot blocking? I remember reading a quote from Brodeur ages ago (may have been 05-06) about he wasn't a fan of his players blocking shots as it meant there was more chance of a deflection and him being out of position.

If there is a drop off in blocks, it could be a request based on goalie's preference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->