Blocking a YouTube channel

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I have been attempting to block a YouTube channel but I can't figure out how to do so. I used to subscribe to this channel but chose to unsubscribe once I discovered the extremely partisan nature of the content creator. I've tried Googling the issue but all solutions appear to be dated and have subsequently evolved, with nothing I've been able to find that is current.

This person's channel literally permeates my own, with recommendations to his videos often taking up as much as 50% of the videos I will see suggested by YouTube when I open up my YouTube channel.

Please, for the love of God, help.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
y.png

Assuming you're talking about videos on the homepage rather than on the side of videos you're watching. I've not blocked (or had to block) an account as prominent as the one you're struggling with but I use the don't recommend one on all the Phoebe Bridgers videos I'm inexplicably recommended and it seems to get rid of them.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Blocking the channel does nothing. You have to just not click on their videos and click the 3 dots and select “do not recommend channel”, it may still show up again but it will eventually stop showing

Reactions: Seedtype

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad