Movies: Blockers (Staring John Cena)

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I’m surprised nobody is talking about this. The wife and I went and saw it Saturday, and that was probably the loudest I’ve ever heard an audience laugh. I can’t recommend it enough

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
John Cena's movie career has had a better start to it then the rock who didnt make it until Vin Diesel gave him a part in fast and furious

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
A ton of laughs from a very fresh and welcome perspective.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
The fiancé wants to see this.. probably will get around to it this weekend now that reviews seem to be pretty good.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Love how for both Cena and Johnson their wrestling gigs are considered as acting performances by IMDb. :biglaugh:

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Rundown was good but not a box office success.

Walking tall was a flop and he was just a supporting guy in be cool.

Cena's career has been supporting roles thus far with the exception The Marine, which flopped far worse than the Rock films you highlighted.

But, The Rock has built a massively successful film career and probably shouldn't be the standard to set for Cena. He's done a pretty solid job of assembling funny supporting roles. You get the sense that a big starring vehicle hit is going to come his way eventually.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
The Marine was also a WWE flick and most of those suck (especially the old ones).

He’s a surprisingly good actor, besides his on screen daughter definitely the highlight of the movie. Which I saw this week and thought was very good. Smart humour with great acting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad