Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Canucks > Hughes, Eriksson
Canucks < #18, Chabot

Sens > #18, Chabot
Sens < #6, #10, #14, Eriksson

Devils > #6, #10, #14
Devils < Hughes

Vancouver pick up a mid-1st rd pick for swapping Hughes for Chabot while also dumping Eriksson's contract

Ottawa pick up 2 more high picks, and will now have 4 in the top 10

New Jersey unite the Hughes Bros.

NOTE: There's plenty of discussion to be had regarding the value of the players and picks involved. The conversation doesn't have to center around whether or not the teams would make the deal

Last edited:

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
So another trade offer where Ottawa takes a bad contract. And Canucks are not trading Hughes. SIGH

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Enough with these horrible trades. You have no concept in trade value.

Instead of clicking on my proposal just to whine about it, why not take the time to educate me on my flawed valuation?

Seems like that would be a better use of your time, and it would certainly make for a better contribution to the thread

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Instead of clicking on my proposal just to whine about it, why not take the time to educate me on my flawed valuation?

Seems like that would be a better use of your time, and it would certainly make for a better contribution to the thread
How about you learn an easy lesson. There is a better than 50/50 chance there will be a free buy out. Start with making an offer than doesn't have Ottawa getting Lucic or Eriksson or B Smith or Neal or Okponoscoreo.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

I'll educate you. This is downright horrible for Ottawa. It takes a top-10 pick to get rid of a contract like Eriksson, first of all. Let's make a quick chart comparing value:

#10 + Eriksson = Neutral value

So why would Ottawa trade a franchise #1 Dman just to turn the 18th pick into the 14th and the 6th overall picks?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
So Chabot has to be better than Hughes right? After all he is the better 2 way D here.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I don't think the value is too bad, although as a vancouver fan I'd prefer to keep hughes over chabot+18 as hughes will be the first truly game changing offensive dman in the canucks 50 year history.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I'll educate you. This is downright horrible for Ottawa. It takes a top-10 pick to get rid of a contract like Eriksson, first of all. Let's make a quick chart comparing value:

#10 + Eriksson = Neutral value

So why would Ottawa trade a franchise #1 Dman just to turn the 18th pick into the 14th and the 6th overall picks?

I don't think most teams would be willing to give up the 10th pick in a strong draft in order to dump the last 2 years of Eriksson's contract, so I think your valuation is off

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016

These players are all franchise players. Why would you trade franchise players for picks that may not work out?

I click on it to see how bad they are. Every proposal you have made has been shutdown from everyone.

Sens don't trade away Chabot who do they have to replace him? Brannstrom is not ready

Canucks don't trade away Hughes a dman they don't have on their roster that they have been waiting for.

Devil's won't trade their high picks in a draft that's so deep to help their rebuild.

There is your reasoning for each team.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
So Chabot has to be better than Hughes right? After all he is the better 2 way D here.

I think it's fair to consider Chabot the better all-around player at this point, but he's also 3 years older, so I think it's also fair to say Hughes has more trade value

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
These players are all franchise players. Why would you trade franchise players for picks that may not work out?

I click on it to see how bad they are. Every proposal you have made has been shutdown from everyone.

Sens don't trade away Chabot who do they have to replace him? Brannstrom is not ready

Canucks don't trade away Hughes a dman they don't have on their roster that they have been waiting for.

Devil's won't trade their high picks in a draft that's so deep to help their rebuild.

There is your reasoning for each team.

There's also counter arguments:

The Sens can draft Chabot's replacement this draft, or in the coming drafts

The Canucks will be replacing Hughes with Chabot

The Devils are unlikely to get a player with Quinn's upside with the #6, #10, or #14 pick, plus he's the brother of last year's #1 pick

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016

The Devils are unlikely to get a player with Quinn's upside with the #6, #10, or #14 pick, plus he's the brother of last year's #1 pick
There is no counter arguments at all.

Why would they draft his replacement after they just signed him to a longterm contract and try to find a replacement for a player they already have? Are you actually thinking before you post this stuff?

Reactions: Altimus

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don't think the value is too bad, although as a vancouver fan I'd prefer to keep hughes over chabot+18 as hughes will be the first truly game changing offensive dman in the canucks 50 year history.
Lol sens dont touch that, you havent watched much of Chabot he is a franchise altering d man.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Wrong again Alex chances are there isnt one d man in this draft as good as Chabot. Drysdale might MIGHT get there if he hits his ceiling. Also chabot is commited and signed to an amazing contract and is a staple in the rebuild you just simply do not understand the way it works in general.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Canucks > Hughes, Eriksson
Canucks < #18, Chabot

Sens > #18, Chabot
Sens < #6, #10, #14, Eriksson

Devils > #6, #10, #14
Devils < Hughes

Vancouver pick up a mid-1st rd pick for swapping Hughes for Chabot while also dumping Eriksson's contract

Ottawa pick up 2 more high picks, and will now have 4 in the top 10

New Jersey unite the Hughes Bros.

NOTE: There's plenty of discussion to be had regarding the value of the players and picks involved. The conversation doesn't have to center around whether or not the teams would make the deal
I woud take that #18 and Eriksson off the table.
I think Chabot is better then Hughe.
3 x top 15 pick for Chabot is a gamble that might be worth it.
I am sure that the Devils would take that trade, they want to win now.
The Canuck end up with a better D , not a bad trade for them either

Last edited:

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019

The sens are not a fit for your proposals,
1 the sens don’t want to drag out their own rebuild in the hopes it can perhaps get 1 or 2 better players that are ready 5 years from now
2 you say the Sens can “draft Chabot’s replacement this draft, or in the coming drafts” with the picks we get but then go on to say “the Devils are unlikely to get a player with Quinn’s upside with the #6,#10, or #14 pick”, so you acknowledge that it is very difficult to find a high end D like Quinn or Chabot
3 sens attendance has been terrible the last 2 years because of management and the product on the ice, it makes no sense for the sens to sell off its core of high end players now and have to wait 5 years to get back to where we are today, it will just mean 5 more years of terrible attendance
4 in your other threads you have wanted the sens to trade you players like White, Duclair etc on the basis that we can take 1 year UFAs and flip them for picks. The UFA that you get for 1 year is likely not as good as the complimentary players we would trade away and you aren’t giving your stars reasonable talent to try to win thus they don’t improve
5 putting off our rebuild simply creates a losing culture
6 the sens are not at a place where your trades make any sense, the sens are looking to get better immediately and not 5 years from now. I suggest you focus on a team that is about to blow it up and pick up your pieces from them, instead of one that has turned the corner

Reactions: branch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad