Proposal: Blockbuster: OTT + N.J. + CAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Senators have no reason to trade their two best players on the team, especially considering that they're very young, and Chabot is signed to a long-term contract. They have even less reason than to trade them for 4 draft picks.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Holy shot that’s bad for the Flames.

Subban is a worst contact then Lucic. That 15 overall is going to be a player. Pelletier will be a player. Gaudreau is legit a top 5-10 scorer since he entered the league.

Devils make out like bandits

Devils make out like bandits? This is horrible for NJ. Subban’s contract isn’t a hindrance to their cap in any way. Trading him isn’t necessary at all. They’ll be fine riding out his remaining 2 years.

A rebuilding team like the Devils shouldn’t be giving up low 1sts like that for anyone over 21. They’d be wasting the prime years of Gaudreau or anyone around his age since they probably won’t be competing for at least 2 years. If they can sign him in free agency then go for it but trading 3 top 15 picks in what’s supposed to be a deep draft is horrible asset management.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
They aren't late draft picks. You're getting 3 top 10 picks in a very deep draft. Plus #15. Plus Pelletier.

I do understand the Sens not wanting to do it though as they would but want to reset their rebuild. It also splits up one players value into lesser value.

two top 10 picks. its still Garbage. Chabot is one of the most valuable players in the league and the sens would be very lucky if any of those picks was even 80% as good as he is

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Lol. Quite convinced that op is a huge troll. He has a talent for finding trades that somehow screw all teams over.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Devils make out like bandits? This is horrible for NJ. Subban’s contract isn’t a hindrance to their cap in any way. Trading him isn’t necessary at all. They’ll be fine riding out his remaining 2 years.

A rebuilding team like the Devils shouldn’t be giving up low 1sts like that for anyone over 21. They’d be wasting the prime years of Gaudreau or anyone around his age since they probably won’t be competing for at least 2 years. If they can sign him in free agency then go for it but trading 3 top 15 picks in what’s supposed to be a deep draft is horrible asset management.

That's a fair assessment

I, too, think New Jersey would likely be better served continuing to build through the draft

With that said, what's the consensus on the quality of D-men who are likely to be available when New Jersey picks at #6, #10, and #14?

Last edited:

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
None of these teams touch this.

Why in the F would Ottawa trade Chabot and Tkachuk?

Subban at 9 million a year is probably a pass for the Flames.

This is a trade generated by a NHL video game with a busted AI.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I would rather have Tkachuk and Chabot then 2 late draft picks.

They are still very young players.

It would be asinine to trade them for draft picks.

If Dorion made this trade, i would instantly hope on the fire Dorion train.
There are no late draft picks offered. All first round picks and all in the first half. But I can fully understand that there is no sense to have 6 Top 15 picks in the same draft.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If I had to take a drink every time this poster tried to dump a bad contract onto Ottawa, you would need call my pastor for the funeral arrangements.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The OP must reeeeeaaaaally hate Ottawa.

One of the worst trade proposals involving the Sens I have ever seen on this site.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
There are no late draft picks offered. All first round picks and all in the first half. But I can fully understand that there is no sense to have 6 Top 15 picks in the same draft.

Just because the picks are in the first round doesn't make it a fair trade. Its still a garbage trade for the sens.

lol and your saying it doesn't make sense to have 6 picks. It doesn't make sense because its still garbage for the sens.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Since our feedback doesn’t stop this guy from making proposals, i invite everyone to join me and just say

Nope.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Would you repeatedly go to a restaurant you don't like just to complain about the food?

Stop clicking on my proposals if they bother you so much

At the same time people go to car races to see the wrecks, your trade proposals my friend are uber wrecks where the wheels fly into the crowd and hit a nun.

They're that bad.

Its not like we're going into a restaurant known for bad food, we're all clicking in because your nonsensical trades are amusing.

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
Since our feedback doesn’t stop this guy from making proposals, i invite everyone to join me and just say

Nope.

Apparently not. I wish had the same confidence as him when I talk to girls. He constantly is making proposals and getting shut down but keeps trying LOL. Jokes aside, stop... Please... Only reason why I bother clicking on it because I am bored and betting myself that they can't get any worst... Oh boy you proved me wrong.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
Would you repeatedly go to a restaurant you don't like just to complain about the food?

Stop clicking on my proposals if they bother you so much

You honestly need to stop posting these bad trades that absolutely make no sense. Your proposal is a step back for the Sens. Trade Tkachuk who is a type of player teams rarely get? He's huge for the locker room and on ice moral. Trade Chabot who is on his way to being an elite dman? For what more picks that could not pan out at all and delay the rebuild? I don't see anything useful in the trades you seem to post. Take up another hobby or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad