Proposal: Blockbuster: BUF + N.J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Here's 30 C that are better than Hiscier. I didn't even put in guys like Giroux or Drai who play out of position. There's probably another 5-10 more you could put above Nico at this point too.

Crosby
Malkin
Backstrom
Kuznetzov
Barzal
Matthews
Tavares
Zibanejad
Aho
Couturier
Larkin
Stamkos
Point
Bergeron
Barkov
Eichel
Dubois
Domi
McDavid
MacKinnon
Scheifele
Petterson
Kopitar
O'Reilly
Toews
Schenn
Horvat
Seguin
Monahan
E. Staal

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
This would be a great deal for NJ. Cozens is going to be really good, add in that 7th overall pick and it’s quite a haul for Hischier.

Reactions: GOALOFSSON

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016
You could offer NJ's 3 most valuable assets for Eichel and you'd still get laughed off the phone.
Nice to see mods cant grasp basic concepts either.

I'm shocked at how thick the three of you are.

Nobody, not once, compared Hischier to Eichel. Nobody proposed a trade of Hischier for Eichel. Nobody has tried to say that Hischier is a 1st line centerman on par with the best centers in the NHL. You guys are focusing on and arguing about things that nobody has f***in said.

What was said, and I can't believe I'm going to say it once again because clearly there's no possible way to spell it out as simply as possible so that you can comprehend it, is that...

NICO HISCHIER IS THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS BEST CENTER. HE IS THEIR 1C CURRENTLY (YOUR SEMANTICAL 50POINT PLAYERS ARE 1C's NOW IS IRRELEVANT), AND MOVING FORWARD UNTIL THEY OBTAIN SOMEONE BETTER. HE IS YOUNG, COST CONTROLLED, PROVEN TOP 6 PLAYER WHO POSTED 52 POINTS AS A ROOKIE ON A BAD TEAM AND IS ONLY 21 YEARS OLD.

IT MAKES NO SENSE TO TRADE HIM UNLESS THE TEAM IS RECEIVING A CENTER OF EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE TO FILL THE HOLE HISCHIER WOULD LEAVE. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THINKING HISCHIER IS WORTH JACK EICHEL, OR IS OR WILL BE AS GOOD OF A HOCKEY PLAYER AS JACK EICHEL. IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH NOT MOVING YOUR BEST YOUNG TALENT WITHOUT RECEIVING GREATER OR EQUAL VALUE THAT CAN STEP IN AND REPLACE WHAT YOU JUST LOST. ITS POINTLESS MUCH LIKE EVERY TRADE PROPOSAL HERE THAT FOR SOME REASON INCLUDES TEAMS BEST PLAYERS AND ARE IMMEDIATELY ACKNOWLEDGED AS "THIS TRADE WOULD NEVER HAPPEN".

The reason every single trade proposal like that turns into a pissing match is because 90% of the posters here seem incapable of understanding simple logic. Like if I wanted to trade Draisaitl. He's so important to the team that the only conceivable reason you'd trade him is if you're receiving an overpayment in return. Do I think Drai is worth Seth Jones and PLD? No. But it makes no sense to move him unless you receive something like that in return. But this concept seems to be beyond a large number of people here who then argue and insult each other because "lolz u actually think Drai is worth that?"
No, dipshit. I don't. I just don't want to trade him unless I get something like that back so if that means you don't like the price stop f***in asking".

And to the guy who said it's unknown if Hischier is better than Cozens currently, you're way the hell off. It is proven that Hischier is currently a much better NHLer than Cozens as evidenced by the fact that Nico posted a 52 point season as a teenage rookie.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Nice to see mods cant grasp basic concepts either.

I'm shocked at how thick the three of you are.

Nobody, not once, compared Hischier to Eichel. Nobody proposed a trade of Hischier for Eichel. Nobody has tried to say that Hischier is a 1st line centerman on par with the best centers in the NHL. You guys are focusing on and arguing about things that nobody has f***in said.

What was said, and I can't believe I'm going to say it once again because clearly there's no possible way to spell it out as simply as possible so that you can comprehend it, is that...

NICO HISCHIER IS THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS BEST CENTER. HE IS THEIR 1C CURRENTLY (YOUR SEMANTICAL 50POINT PLAYERS ARE 1C's NOW IS IRRELEVANT), AND MOVING FORWARD UNTIL THEY OBTAIN SOMEONE BETTER. HE IS YOUNG, COST CONTROLLED, PROVEN TOP 6 PLAYER WHO POSTED 52 POINTS AS A ROOKIE ON A BAD TEAM AND IS ONLY 21 YEARS OLD.

IT MAKES NO SENSE TO TRADE HIM UNLESS THE TEAM IS RECEIVING A CENTER OF EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE TO FILL THE HOLE HISCHIER WOULD LEAVE. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THINKING HISCHIER IS WORTH JACK EICHEL, OR IS OR WILL BE AS GOOD OF A HOCKEY PLAYER AS JACK EICHEL. IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH NOT MOVING YOUR BEST YOUNG TALENT WITHOUT RECEIVING GREATER OR EQUAL VALUE THAT CAN STEP IN AND REPLACE WHAT YOU JUST LOST. ITS POINTLESS MUCH LIKE EVERY TRADE PROPOSAL HERE THAT FOR SOME REASON INCLUDES TEAMS BEST PLAYERS AND ARE IMMEDIATELY ACKNOWLEDGED AS "THIS TRADE WOULD NEVER HAPPEN".

The reason every single trade proposal like that turns into a pissing match is because 90% of the posters here seem incapable of understanding simple logic. Like if I wanted to trade Draisaitl. He's so important to the team that the only conceivable reason you'd trade him is if you're receiving an overpayment in return. Do I think Drai is worth Seth Jones and PLD? No. But it makes no sense to move him unless you receive something like that in return. But this concept seems to be beyond a large number of people here who then argue and insult each other because "lolz u actually think Drai is worth that?"
No, dipshit. I don't. I just don't want to trade him unless I get something like that back so if that means you don't like the price stop f***in asking".

And to the guy who said it's unknown if Hischier is better than Cozens currently, you're way the hell off. It is proven that Hischier is currently a much better NHLer than Cozens as evidenced by the fact that Nico posted a 52 point season as a teenage rookie.

lol calm down.

the easy way to say that is that he's not available ad

not that if he was traded to buffalo eichel would be coming the other way.

That implies that the person who wrote that thinks there would be a deal where hischier+ can get eichel.

it's obvious you can't understand that simple fact. That's clearly what can be implied from what that person said but you can't see that.

Sure it can also be implied that he would be only traded for an upgrade but the simple way to say that without bringing eichel into it is:

hischier is only available for an upgrade.

See that doesn't mention eichel or anything. the person choose to imply eichel which brings my argument that it's ridiculous to think hischier+ could get eichel.

Last edited:

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
Here's 30 C that are better than Hiscier. I didn't even put in guys like Giroux or Drai who play out of position. There's probably another 5-10 more you could put above Nico at this point too.

Crosby
Malkin
Backstrom
Kuznetzov
Barzal
Matthews
Tavares
Zibanejad
Aho
Couturier
Larkin
Stamkos
Point
Bergeron
Barkov
Eichel
Dubois
Domi
McDavid
MacKinnon
Scheifele
Petterson
Kopitar
O'Reilly
Toews
Schenn
Horvat
Seguin
Monahan
E. Staal
There are quite a few on that list that are not better than him and others that could be argued that aren’t.

In other news mods shut this down because wow this site is beyond dumb on what they think Hischiers value is

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
There are quite a few on that list that are not better than him and others that could be argued that aren’t.

In other news mods shut this down because wow this site is beyond dumb on what they think Hischiers value is

So, your opinion of Hischier's value is the only thing that matters, and any opinion that opposes your beliefs should be suppressed, is that it?

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016
lol calm down.

the easy way to say that is that he's not available ad

not that if he was traded to buffalo eichel would be coming the other way.

That implies that the person who wrote that thinks there would be a deal where hischier+ can get eichel.

it's obvious you can't understand that simple fact. That's clearly what can be implied from what that person said but you can't see that.

Sure it can also be implied that he would be only traded for an upgrade but the simple way to say that without bringing eichel into it is:

hischier is only available for an upgrade.

See that doesn't mention eichel or anything. the person choose to imply eichel which brings my argument that it's ridiculous to think hischier+ could get eichel.
He quite literally did say that. He didn't mention Eichel once. He said if Nico was being traded it would be for an upgrade. It was you and the other goomba who went off on the "lulz if you think Hischier gets you Eichel".

You very obviously don't understand what's being said, and I don't know how to word it anymore simply. Forget it.

Again, sleep easy. Nobody here thinks Hischier would get you Eichel.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

Please enlighten us. Which ones on that list are currently not as good as Hischier?

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
He quite literally did say that. He didn't mention Eichel once. He said if Nico was being traded it would be for an upgrade. It was you and the other goomba who went off on the "lulz if you think Hischier gets you Eichel".

You very obviously don't understand what's being said, and I don't know how to word it anymore simply. Forget it.

Again, sleep easy. Nobody here thinks Hischier would get you Eichel.

I said he implied eichel. Do you know how to read?

Here's what he said:

If we're sending Nico to Buffalo, we'd be upgrading our 1C.

I'll leave it at that.

Which c does buffalo have that's an upgrade? eichel. So he implied hischier+ for eichel.

Like I said if he didn't want to imply eichel all he had to say was we're only trading hischier for an upgrade but he added sending to buffalo part which implies hischier+ for eichel. I think your the one who can't see straight.

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016
I said he implied eichel. Do you know how to read?

Here's what he said:

If we're sending Nico to Buffalo, we'd be upgrading our 1C.

I'll leave it at that.

Which c does buffalo have that's an upgrade? eichel. So he implied hischier+ for eichel.

Like I said if he didn't want to imply eichel all he had to say was we're only trading hischier for an upgrade but he added sending to buffalo part which implies hischier+ for eichel. I think your the one who can't see straight.
You're in a thread that is a NJ/Buffalo trade proposal. He didn't just randomly bring up Buffalo to imply a trade for Eichel.

We're done here. Keep on keepin on :thumbu:

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
just stop

a player drafted at 7 or Cozens can be just as good as Hischier
ok all go HF board
Since HF board let everyone insult people or stupid Moderator are closing down Post for no fuuccking reason.
You are a fcukiinng idiot shut the f*** up

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
You're in a thread that is a NJ/Buffalo trade proposal. He didn't just randomly bring up Buffalo to imply a trade for Eichel.

We're done here. Keep on keepin on :thumbu:

And that was my point from the beginning.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I didn’t realize people thought so highly of Hischier.

I agree that the trade doesn’t make a ton of sense for New Jersey, because they would be getting worse in the short-term, but the value is more than fair.

Hischier projects to be a good number 2 centre and so does Cozens. And the 7th pick looks to be pretty darn good in this draft.

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016
And that was my point from the beginning.
Poster A: Proposes a trade between NJ/Buffalo for Hischier.

Poster B: Doesn't make sense to trade Hischier unless they're getting an upgrade, but at no point do I say Hischier would be enough to get Eichel, just that it doesn't make sense.

You: Lol get real there's no way Hischier gets you Eichel. That's crazy and delusional.

Me: He didn't say Hischier would get you Eichel, just that if they trade him they would have to get an upgrade or someone of equal value to fill the hole. That doesn't mean he thinks Hischier is of the same value.

You: He should have just said if they trade Hischier it should be for an upgrade and he shouldn't have mentioned Eichel cause that's crazy. If he didn't want to bring Eichel into it he shouldn't have mentioned Buffalo.

Me: The thread is a Buffalo/NJ trade proposal, he was responding to the proposal, he didn't randomly pick Buffalo.

You: That was my whole point!

Me: I still don't see what point you've tried to make.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Poster A: Proposes a trade between NJ/Buffalo for Hischier.

Poster B: Doesn't make sense to trade Hischier unless they're getting an upgrade, but at no point do I say Hischier would be enough to get Eichel, just that it doesn't make sense.

You: Lol get real there's no way Hischier gets you Eichel. That's crazy and delusional.

Me: He didn't say Hischier would get you Eichel, just that if they trade him they would have to get an upgrade or someone of equal value to fill the hole. That doesn't mean he thinks Hischier is of the same value.

You: He should have just said if they trade Hischier it should be for an upgrade and he shouldn't have mentioned Eichel cause that's crazy. If he didn't want to bring Eichel into it he shouldn't have mentioned Buffalo.

Me: The thread is a Buffalo/NJ trade proposal, he was responding to the proposal, he didn't randomly pick Buffalo.

You: That was my whole point!

Me: I still don't see what point you've tried to make.

that hischier+ could get eichel is ludicrous. I've said it from the beginning. And I'm not even responding to you. I'm replying to a different poster and you jumped in to defend them

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016
that hischier+ could get eichel is ludicrous. I've said it from the beginning. And I'm not even responding to you. I'm replying to a different poster and you jumped in to defend them
Lol. Him and I both agreed with you. Hischier doesn't get you Eichel. Cause that isn't what he said...

I'm so entertained right now :D

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I didn’t realize people thought so highly of Hischier.

I agree that the trade doesn’t make a ton of sense for New Jersey, because they would be getting worse in the short-term, but the value is more than fair.

Hischier projects to be a good number 2 centre and so does Cozens. And the 7th pick looks to be pretty darn good in this draft.

New Jersey shouldn't be concerned with "getting worse in the short-term", in fact, it might benefit them in the long run

With Hischier, let's say the Devils finish 25th overall next season, and wind up with the 5th pick in next year's draft

With Cozens and the #7 pick, the Devils may finish 29th overall next season, and end up with the 2nd overall pick

Last edited:

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Lol. Him and I both agreed with you. Hischier doesn't get you Eichel. Cause that isn't what he said...

I'm so entertained right now :D

can you seriously not read? hischier+

He implies the only deal in which hischier goes to buffalo is for an upgrade(eichel).
ie he means hischier+

I have been saying from the beginning there is nothing nj would add to hischier that would get them eichel so it was ridiculous for him to think he could get eichel for hischier+.

You can say all you want about all the other meaning he meant but what I am is an interpretation of what he implied. You can't see that because of your agenda.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
New Jersey shouldn't be concerned with "getting worse in the short-term", in fact, it might benefit them in the long run

With Herschier, let's say the Devils finish 25th overall next season, and wind up with the 5th pick in next year's draft

With Cozens and the #7 pick, the Devils may finish 29th overall next season, and end up with the 2nd overall pick

It sounds good when you’re arm-chair GM’ing, but I don’t know if NJ’s management wants to commit to sucking for 2-3 more years.

I do think it would be good value for NJ, though.

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016
can you seriously not read? hischier+

He implies the only deal in which hischier goes to buffalo is for an upgrade(eichel).
ie he means hischier+

I have been saying from the beginning there is nothing nj would add to hischier that would get them eichel so it was ridiculous for him to think he could get eichel for hischier+.

You can say all you want about all the other meaning he meant but what I am is an interpretation of what he implied. You can't see that because of your agenda.
Yeah I know. He didn't think they could get Eichel for Hischier+. Just that if Buffalo wanted Hischier talks would have to start with an upgrade for Jersey. Basically what he said was unless Buffalo was willing to send them an upgrade on Hischier they wouldn't trade him, because it doesn't make sense for Jersey.

Where you're getting stuck is thinking that means he thinks it could actually happen. He doesn't. I'm pretty sure he knows it would never happen, like all of us.

Person A: "Hey I'd like to trade you this shiny bike for your old bike".

Person B: "This bike is worth a lot to me and I'd rather keep it. The only way I'd trade it is for a million dollars".

Person A: Lol you think that old bike is worth a million dollars? You're crazy"

Person B: "No, that's not what I said".

I don't have any agenda. I couldn't give two shits about either team. For some reason I'm trying to explain something to someone who clearly doesn't want to step back at look at the broader meaning. My bad. Apologies to all for helping to derail this thread with logic.

Last edited:
Reactions: JackFr

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
The undervaluing of Hischier is mind blowing.

It's easy to say you think he's being undervalued, but why not enlighten us all with his actual value?

If the Devils traded him, what would that deal look like?

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
It's easy to say you think he's being undervalued, but why not enlighten us all with his actual value?

If the Devils traded him, what would that deal look like?
They're not trading him. They've gone on the record as saying this team will be built around Nico, Hughes, and Blackwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->