Post-Game Talk: BLO WIN 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Missed the game. Looks like they played well! Any good notes I should know?

it’s a damn shame backstrom keeps scoring goals.. been waiting for his 700 assist

Reactions: Calicaps

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
“[Dowd] was screaming at me, ‘No, no, no,’ ” Wilson said. “He wanted me to take it to the net, and I was lucky to put it in. But he made it very clear that he didn’t want to be part of that two-on-oh. That’s kind of funny.”

Actually Dowd was thinking "I hope I don't take an offensive zone penalty here"

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Slow 1st 10 min.s to get up to speed like w/PIT but after that team looked pretty good again, got a little too cute a few times would've been nice to curbstomp them to a 4-0/5-0 lead but any game where we're keeping it to 1 GA and keeping the opp. off the board for the 1st 50 min.s is awesome; 3rd and 4th line were very solid again

1 GA: +++++
only 2 penalties: +++++
1st penalty not til 5min.s into 2nd: ++
Shortie: !+++++++
another game of 50% faceoffs: ++

Lowest TOI was 12:47, only Dilly/JC over 20min.s, rolled 4 lines evenly all game and no one burned out, thumbs up

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Nice, comfy win.

all i have to say; ”i curse you Dahlin”. Who the f risks their life to safe a 1-3 loss one second before buzzer. He should have got the puck in his face to throw himself in front like that...... yes, i had Caps over 3,5 goals and would have been a nice return :)

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
I've been a Jensen hater from the start. But he's looked really good for a several games. His gaffes are way down, and he's been contributing more positively. What do the fancy stats say?

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Good game, solid 2 points.

What's been different the last two games arguably is the return of a five-man unit defensively, as well as offensively. What still worries me a bit is how effectively that unit operates against teams that bring chaos through dynamic systems and speedy players – lots of times against the Sabres where the D had to put the puck in a dangerous spot in the D-zone but only the Caps were there to retrieve it. The Sabres have some skill, but don't seem too dangerous from a board battles-perspective. Would a healthy Bruins allow the D to throw the puck up the middle of the ice right in front of the Caps goaltender without having someone there to pressure the forward? The caps are undoubtedly a good team, but it's hard to judge how good they are against a team like the Sabres, or the Pens when they're off their game.

Glad the third line is finding their grove, not just in terms of hitting the scoresheet but being effective in general. If Sheary can become a Connolly-like dark horse for us, that would be a game changer in terms of scoring depth in the playoffs. Unlike last year, where Panik looked lost until he was dropped to the fourth line, this year he's looked good if a little snakebitten. Definitely a complimentary player, but if Eller and Sheary are in sync Panik can be a good playmaker, puck hound and occasional finisher for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->