• Meier on Hutchinson (10/22)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Tough call between Bouchard on Stolarz and Norris on Georgiev. Choosing Norris on Georgiev because it was a simple shot that any NHL goalie should be able to catch any given day. Bouchard's goal was a deflection in the end.

On many of the other goals i feel it should be noted that there were 2-1 situations or similar where the goalie had to decide whether to take the shot or prepare for lateral movement to cover the pass. Hence also from this perspective Norris' shot was also the simplest play and the fact that he scored was mostly attributable to bad goaltending.

Reactions: Bleedred

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Stolarz and Georgiev are BAD.

Edit: Changing my vote after reading comment above and re-watching the video. I did not realize the goal was a deflection. Georgiev for me.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Georgiev managed to deflect a shanked wide shot into his own goal. The other goals were more impressive simply because they were off shots on goal. Stolarz is a goof trying to cheat that early on the centering pass but at least there was a thought process behind it. Sucks it got deflected on him.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I gotta go with Georgiev on Norris. That one looks even uglier watching it today than it did two nights ago.

I thought the Bouchard goal on Stolarz was a bad one for him, but also a little fluky. It was definitely the worst I saw that night, but I feel like those goals are more common these days than that Norris goal on Georgiev. I feel like we're seeing more and dead angle goals and more goals from behind the goal line these days. Though not as many from behind the goal line as ones from the other end from a really bad angle. That's why I didn't make Barzal's goal on Lehner last night the softy of the night. I dinged him for a stoppable goal, but we're seeing more of those these days and a lot of times I have made them the softy of the night, but there were quite a few worse ones in Sunday's games than that.

I really thought the Timo Meier goal on Hutchinson was pretty damn weak too. I think the fact that there's a lot of guys off to the side of him kind of skews how bad that goal really was. He's still in the butterfly even after the crowd reacts, the PBP guy calls it a goal and the Sharks players are celebrating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad