The Players' Tribune: Bleeding Out by Clint Malarchuk

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Okay. I'm extremely squeamish about stuff like this. I'd like to read Clint's story, but if it's graphic, will take a pass. Is that the case?

There’s pictures of course and some other really graphic details about other shocking incidents. So if you’re squeamish, you might want to take a pass on reading it @GordonHowe

Reactions: GordonHowe

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
What a coincidence, I was just talking about Clint Malarchuk the other night with my Dad and Brother. I think we got on the topic after talking about the Backes laceration. Funny how life can be like that sometimes.

Horrible fact: some toy company made the incident into an action figure.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
What a coincidence, I was just talking about Clint Malarchuk the other night with my Dad and Brother. I think we got on the topic after talking about the Backes laceration. Funny how life can be like that sometimes.

Horrible fact: some toy company made the incident into an action figure.

That was fan made....not an actual company.....a fan made it based off the starting line action figures....come on no serious company would allow that for sale.

BigBadBruin

Aug 21, 2002
Saskatoon
I was able to hear Clint and his wife speak recently regarding mental health and what he has gone through in his life. Spoke about much of what is in this article but also heard from his wife and what she went through. Was really worthwhile.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
That was fan made....not an actual company.....a fan made it based off the starting line action figures....come on no serious company would allow that for sale.
I think I had read somewhere years ago that it was legit after questioning it myself, which in-turn really stuck with me because of the level of terribleness it would take to produce such vile rubbish.

Though, if you have a different understanding I’m likely wrong and remembering incorrectly.

Either way, it’s incredibly distasteful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad