BLB: Cause for concern?

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Probably just looking into it too much. Let compare its numbers to teams like Bathurst and Baie Comeau's numbers and compare before we think its cause for concern

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Weekday games dont tend to do well, probably didn't help that they didn't start on a Friday. Plus this is round 1, if say round 3 didn't get much attention that would be an issue.

Sidekick

Mar 20, 2013
There is usually a league-wide dip in round 1.

BLB has big problems though, because of Laval.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Reflecting on this a week later, even Halifax's attendance was pretty pathetic for game 3. I guess there is a dip for the first round, I don't get why, lol. The casual fan is a strange and fickle creature.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Reflecting on this a week later, even Halifax's attendance was pretty pathetic for game 3. I guess there is a dip for the first round, I don't get why, lol. The casual fan is a strange and fickle creature.

Because a large amount of season ticket holders are corporations that don't pony up for playoff tickets. I would also suspect that the average joe season ticket holder knows when a weak halifax team is playing a power house like the Huskies that it might not be worth his time going in on some playoff tickets.

Shmookpup

Aug 8, 2016
Sorry about being really late here, but I've considered this issue for months.

- The game was on a Thursday, with a guaranteed game 2 the following day, a Friday. If you're a middle-class family, (which is the majority of the Armada crowd) for the sake of your kids and starting your weekend well, you'd rather spend the money on the Friday game.

- The casual fans, since the Dubois/Boulet acquisitions, expected us to blow through Drummondville with little effort. They'd rather save the money until we inevitably play in round 2, which happened. Then in the Bathurst series, we had good general attendance, except for game 7, which fell on a Tuesday. No casual fan goes to a major junior game on Tuesday.

- As mentioned by Fixed To Ruin, there are some season ticket holders that don't show up. I have a friend who sells tickets at the arena. She showed me the chart of the season ticket holders on her computer screen and I was shocked. Those season tickets alone are enough to have a strong foundation for how many people you'd expect at a game. Unfortunately, some of these corporations don't care whether it's the regular season or playoffs, unless it's a big game (Saint John series).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad