Blasts from the past (OT)

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I've been on this site everyday since sometime in 2003 I think it was...didn't even get an account for the longest time, still remain somewhat of a ghost on these forums...but I'm here...lurking at you all!
Likewise, was coming here for maybe 2 years without an account, then got one but never really made any posts for the first while.

Nuts to think I’ve been a member here over half of my life, and been coming here nearly 2/3’s of it.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
When the boards used to be fun. Le sigh
It's up to us to make it fun again! Maybe this is a good place to give shout outs to people whose posts we enjoy, so they are encouraged to keep posting.

For example I enjoy your posts: I like the absurdist yet minimalistic tone of your probably sarcastic fandom for the likes of Tom Pyatt and Sabourin.

Similarly, I really enjoy @Ouroboros ' posts. He's a really knowledgeable user, and I love his sarcastic humor.

Also, some :heart: for @Nac Mac Feegle . A frequent poster who just seems like a really decent dude. He'd be a great mod.

Say what you will about this forum, but I still find it a great place to hang out!

Raze The Stray

Duuuuuude
Aug 5, 2009
Auto-wah
I've been on this site everyday since sometime in 2003 I think it was...didn't even get an account for the longest time, still remain somewhat of a ghost on these forums...but I'm here...lurking at you all!

Before social media picked up steam this was the place to get all the goods! Fwiw, you've always been a good read ;)

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
MainDotC
Sens Mile
Internetdotcom
Vaclav Varada
Holdurbreathe
Pepty

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's up to us to make it fun again! Maybe this is a good place to give shout outs to people whose posts we enjoy, so they are encouraged to keep posting.

For example I enjoy your posts: I like the absurdist yet minimalistic tone of your probably sarcastic fandom for the likes of Tom Pyatt and Sabourin.

Similarly, I really enjoy @Ouroboros ' posts. He's a really knowledgeable user, and I love his sarcastic humor.

Also, some :heart: for @Nac Mac Feegle . A frequent poster who just seems like a really decent dude. He'd be a great mod.

Say what you will about this forum, but I still find it a great place to hang out!

Awwww, shucks.

I'm too batshit crazy to be a mod. Ya gotta have your emotions in check for that job...and that ain't me. :confused:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The board would surely be better with those types of posters around still. Even our blessed @NyQuil doesn't post on our subreddit anymore and I wonder why that is.

Meh, not much going on.

I don't like to get caught up in the "You're not a fan if you support the team because supporting the team means supporting Melnyk" vs. "I support the players not Dorion and Melnyk" camps.

I'm a season ticket package owner who dislikes Melnyk, so I don't really fit in with either camp.

I'll be back if/when the draft happens or players actually hit the ice at some point.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
A few other anecdotes for fun:

-Erik Condra and his elite stamina
-the MASSIVE avatar bet we had with the Habs board and we made up a range of Spezza laughing talking bubble avatars for them
-the Parade thread (is the parade on? is it off?)
-the GOAT thread (we voted on the goat of the game after every game - this was before the current meaning of the acronym)
-Who to keep? Alfredsson vs. Hossa vs. Havlat (as divided as the board has been until now)
-Who to keep? Chara vs. Redden? (also a tough one)
-Poor Filip Kuba, Tank Commander
-the Wasabi line (Smoked Fish with a Kick)
-The Fuhr's infamous "Sens > NHL" thread on the main board

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Sens Rangers game 1 from 2017 starting on Sportsnet One right now.

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
What happened to Dr Sens(e)? I miss his/her posts.
Thanks for thinking of me. Yes, I was Lawmakers or something for a few years, when I lost my handle given it was attached to an old e-mail address when something got reset on the boards. Didn't post for a while. Just switched over the handle and have become more active on the board again.

Was first posting back in '97 or '98 I think...some classic Sens-Leafs flame wars, not to mention the Cola Wars, Dustin Rose and the whole Puck Poise debate (Skoula?).

Some great names thrown out here on memory lane. Nyquil for sure one of my favs.

Reactions: since92 and NyQuil

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Likewise, was coming here for maybe 2 years without an account, then got one but never really made any posts for the first while.

Nuts to think I’ve been a member here over half of my life, and been coming here nearly 2/3’s of it.
For some reason I always thought you were a bit older than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad