Blasts from the past (OT)

since92

May 9, 2011
I’m not much for sharing my opinion. Historically I’ve lurked these boards for years and years. I’ve enjoyed reading your opinions and insight. A lot of you have been posting since I can remember.

I thought I’d create a thread to celebrate the nostalgia since there isn’t much hockey to talk about these days.

Who are some of the names of posters you remember and do you have any memorable arguments or discussions you feel like sharing.

I’ll toss out a few names to start. What ever happened to Faraday, Fuhr, Prettyprettyprincess, and Bilpo .... Go.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
It s not a long time I m here so I don’t know his name you mention. Me it’s long time I have not see My sens and Sensung

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Jerk Store, discostu, and whoever our "insider" guy was that trolled everyone into believing Spezza was traded that time.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I’m not much for sharing my opinion. Historically I’ve lurked these boards for years and years. I’ve enjoyed reading your opinions and insight. A lot of you have been posting since I can remember.

I thought I’d create a thread to celebrate the nostalgia since there isn’t much hockey to talk about these days.

Who are some of the names of posters you remember and do you have any memorable arguments or discussions you feel like sharing.

I’ll toss out a few names to start. What ever happened to Faraday, Fuhr, Prettyprettyprincess, and Bilpo .... Go.
I've always wondered what The Fuhr is up to. Wondering where my boy @mysens is as well.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Semi-related question: Can I still check the old usernames I've gone by somewhere? I feel like I used to be able to do this. I remember the one before my current one, but I have no idea anymore what username I went by when I first joined HF.

Reactions: DrEasy

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
There are a lot of great blasts from the past i miss. But on the other hand, there is a really interesting group of articulate posters here lately. In some ways as strong as this board has ever seen. Sometimes they argue with each other which surprises me as both seem good people. I just attribute it to testosterone. :)

Reactions: innocent bystander

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Some awesome threads:

The guy who pretended to hitchhike up to the game in the middle of an epic snowstorm. He was coming up from Belleville or something. I can't even remember why I liked it, to be honest. I remember posters were seriously worried about the guy, but it was all bullshit in the end.

Jerk Store's thread for his jersey design, which ultimately became the modern third jersey.

The "find the duck" contest that was put on here by one of the bloggers in the summer (SensChirp?). I got crazy into that.

Ben Bishop's weak lateral movement.

The MS Paint karma threads.

since92

May 9, 2011
Just to thought a few other names I remember and enjoyed reading was RTWAP, discostu, DefenseMinister, King Clancy, BlackRedGold, i.m.fletcher, skyromir, Ricard_Persson, Volchenkov, mayoradamwest, ReddenPunchesFaces ...

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
When the boards used to be fun. Le sigh

Yeah, it was great pre-2017. Thankfully, in the last year or so, we've finally started cleaning up most of the toxic crap, trolls and thread derailleurs. But 2017-2019 is dreadful. Hopefully we've turned the corner.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Dzinglealltheway and DrunkUncleDennis were great too. Good contributors. Fair. Mature. Level headed. Mick's like that too.
Appreciate the kind words! Wholeheartedly agree RE: DrunkUncleDenis and Mick, too.

EDIT TO ADD: I initially shortened DrunkUncleDenis' username, but that makes a very unfortunate acronym that does not at all reflect him as a poster or a mod.
Just to thought a few other names I remember and enjoyed reading was RTWAP, discostu, DefenseMinister, King Clancy, BlackRedGold, i.m.fletcher, skyromir, Ricard_Persson, Volchenkov, mayoradamwest, ReddenPunchesFaces ...
Oh man, a few of those names bring back fond memories. Volchenkov was among my favourites, even if he did have an unfortunate appreciation of the Avalanche. :D

Also find myself missing Nyquil more and more these days. Another voice of reason and thoughtfulness. trentmccleary offered pretty in-depth analysis, too, even if we didn't always see eye to eye.

OUTHOUSE

Feb 16, 2008
99 Rideau
So many names in here that I had completely forgot about. I mainly remember people based on their avatar.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
RIP our fallen posters. hopefully one day they will rise again, bringing up with them the quality of discussion and jokes on our board.

i like nostalgia threads like this. seeing some of these older names, some who's posts i used to enjoy reading before i even made an account, brings a smile to my face

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->