Blast from the past; Forsberg Hat-Trick vs Florida Panthers 1999

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
The entire game was on the NHL network yesterday.

Forsbergy would be near unstoppable in today's NHL. He almost always had a guys holding on to him and was still able to be dominant.

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
The entire game was on the NHL network yesterday.

Forsbergy would be near unstoppable in today's NHL. He almost always had a guys holding on to him and was still able to be dominant.

The reason he was so dominant was because he could power through that stuff when other playmakers couldn't. I would guess that guys like Malkin/Getzlaf would be far more dominant today if hooking and holding were still like that.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
The reason he was so dominant was because he could power through that stuff when other playmakers couldn't. I would guess that guys like Malkin/Getzlaf would be far more dominant today if hooking and holding were still like that.

Why? The holdings and hookings were not called as much back then, so you essentially have to battle through even more back then to create a scoring chance in today's NHL...

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Why? The holdings and hookings were not called as much back then, so you essentially have to battle through even more back then to create a scoring chance in today's NHL...

They would've been more dominant now compared to others if clutch and grab still would be in effect.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I still remember the night this was on, at some point I checked the radio (pre-Internet, for me anyways) and heard it was 5-0 Florida, so I went to bed early for school. Never been so stoked the next morning, Forsberg just went rogue.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Hi all.

I remember this game too. Bure and Forsberg crushed it this game. When Bure got hurt and left the game, somehow I knew this was a loss, even though we were up 5 - 0.

Forsberg just scared the **** out of me, and I knew the only way we could keep a lead was if we could out score the Avs, and the only way to do that was with Bure. When he

went down, I was like, ah ****. lol

Oh well, fun to look back on games like this. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad