Rumor: Blashphemy Thread: Rumors from Twitter-Banned Jeff Moss

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Why the hell would you even link a John Moss rumour, especially one that makes no sense even within itself, and particularly when it relates to the same fictional borderline racist bull crap that illiterate oaf has been defecating onto the internet for some time now. I disagree with a decent percentage of your posts, but everytime you link to this buffoon I despair. There's a reason people like him get banned...

If you actually read more than 3 or 4 of his articles, you realise he is an insane narcissist who is bitter as hell that no-one in the the Detroit Sports Media wants to hire him. A proper internet nutjob

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
This was posted elsewhere and, even though Moss is a busted clock/blind pig of Detroit sports reporting, this article was clearly false. The best case scenario is that Moss knows someone on the inside that has a deep-seated hatred for 90% of the organization.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Why the hell would you even link a John Moss rumour, especially one that makes no sense even within itself, and particularly when it relates to the same fictional borderline racist bull crap that illiterate oaf has been defecating onto the internet for some time now. I disagree with a decent percentage of your posts, but everytime you link to this buffoon I despair. There's a reason people like him get banned...

If you actually read more than 3 or 4 of his articles, you realise he is an insane narcissist who is bitter as hell that no-one in the the Detroit Sports Media wants to hire him. A proper internet nutjob

People I've spoken with -- people with connections to people on the team and front office -- have confirmed to me some of the things he's talked about (the Swedish Mafia vs Blashill).
Moss definitely has connections and he's not shy about posting things without naming sources ... which makes him awesome for rumors.

He's not libeling anyone. Take him with a grain.

People I talk to say the Wings locker room hasn't been so unfriendly and split up since the team split into a Shanny camp and Chelios camp after the lockout, or the Fedorov contract before the lockout.

I personally hope to hear more Sunday about his XO thing.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
This was posted elsewhere and, even though Moss is a busted clock/blind pig of Detroit sports reporting, this article was clearly false. The best case scenario is that Moss knows someone on the inside that has a deep-seated hatred for 90% of the organization.

Sorry, this was the first I'd heard of it. I heard something about someone's mom on the last FS Broadcast, but didn't catch it was about XO.
Moss has become a convenient source for Detroit sports folks who want to leak.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Any locker room is going to have cliques. Anything he has “reported”, is moreso just connecting dots IMO. He just puts a tabloid-style twist on everything to try and make it controversial.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Any locker room is going to have cliques. Anything he has “reported”, is moreso just connecting dots IMO. He just puts a tabloid-style twist on everything to try and make it controversial.

Or just call people names. He loves name calling. And the worst part is even when he's right about something, his style makes you want to not believe him.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Maybe.
But what I've heard is that these aren't just cliques, but factions.

These existed back when the team was winning, too.
As much as everyone talks about Fedorov, Shanahan was despised by a lot of the people in the organization - most notably Chelios and Osgood.
But when you're winning cups, personal animosity has a way of subsiding.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

I don't know. Not a great read, but Bob Ross sometimes comes across some happy accidents.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017

That's not how I understand him.
From I what I know, Moss is pretty successful away in his business and he does this for fun.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Moss is a hyperactive drama queen but I think in some strange way he cares a lot about the Wings.

They might only be his random seeds of doubt but I couldn't help but consider Z retiring this season...

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Oh, so everyone but the low end players are huge morons and idiots now! I also doubt the Captain makes the only call on this type of event, this seems more like it would be set up by office personnel. Honestly Redder, for a guy who says he is a Red Wing fan, you sure post enough junk dumping all over the team. Ok you don't like some contracts and roster moves, neither do I, but how about actually supporting the team for a change, rather than dumping more and more on the team each day.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
twitter has almost no standards... so if they banned someone... he probably really deserves it.

p.s. i asked my contact about him... I can't quote him (it involves some foul language) LOL.

Reactions: Oddbob

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
UPDATE at 6:08pm
I originally was not going to name the player with the sick mother for the reasons stated above. But while I was writing this article, Ellliote Friedman at Sportsnet.ca posted the following in his latest trade rumor column.

I don’t think I need to draw you a roadmap. I am discovering new facts that makes this story even uglier and will update when I can corroborate this information.

"I wasn't going to mention him by name, but because another writer mentioned that he was a 7th/8th defenseman barely getting any ice time, I feel like I'm forced to mention: HISMOMISDYINGLOL"

Journalism.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
"I wasn't going to mention him by name, but because another writer mentioned that he was a 7th/8th defenseman barely getting any ice time, I feel like I'm forced to mention: HISMOMISDYINGLOL"

Journalism.

"I'm not going to mention names, but he's a young defenseman who got married on January 27th ... No? How about looking at his name could make you want to watch X-men while eating an omelette. Oh, cool! Someone else already mentioned his name in an article completely unrelated to mine so ZETTERBERGHATESMOMSLOL."

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
People I've spoken with -- people with connections to people on the team and front office -- have confirmed to me some of the things he's talked about (the Swedish Mafia vs Blashill).
Moss definitely has connections and he's not shy about posting things without naming sources ... which makes him awesome for rumors.

He's not libeling anyone. Take him with a grain.

People I talk to say the Wings locker room hasn't been so unfriendly and split up since the team split into a Shanny camp and Chelios camp after the lockout, or the Fedorov contract before the lockout.

I personally hope to hear more Sunday about his XO thing.

I think anyone watching body language and listening to interviews could garner that Z & Blash may not see eye to eye on everything - even beyond that there is a clear stylistic clash in terms of play style preferences. Its also hardly surprising that a roster with 3 clear different age ranges with very different experiences of success and coaching etc that is currently at its lowest ebb success wise in nearly 30 years isn't going to be all roses and smiles.

Someone is only 'awesome for rumours' (forgive my UK spelling), when they have more to offer than endlessly unproveable ITK nonsense. The fact that a) his Wings stories often end up bashing the same people and b) they never have evidence beyond Chinese whispers & c) the vast majority of content on his website is bile filled attack pieces on one person or another should be a fairly major warning with anyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together.

And while I may not have 'sources' with the wings, I do from time to time get paid to write about sport, as well as blogging and hosting and producing a sports podcast with a significant listener base, occasionally get to interview sports people, coaches and have a CEO lined up, and will soon be filling a weekly radio slot on a significant station. So I know a fair bit about both journalistic standards, sports reporting, rumour mills and how ITK's work. And while this guy may have picked up on the odd vague snippet, the same as many posters on here, he takes that and then turns it into something utterly disreputable, likely dishonest and totally lacking in credibility.

The kind of sources he claims to have, are the kind that get fired if things like this were true and made the public arena. There is no way that someone with genuine access to this information would tell someone they knew was going to put the most juicy bits on the internet unless they wanted to get fired.

His entire Zetterberg is an ******* premise hangs on "So, if the team were alternating each year...", which is of course not the case and has never been the case in team history, before suggesting the the team captain deliberately blocked a tradition (which turns out to be a non-tradition) in order to snub a team-mate's dying mother so he can have one more drink on the road with his dad, with whom he has enjoyed the pleasure many times, and likely will next year at the very least. To ramp it up we are shown a heart-wrenching picture of a player's mother - who is Zetterberg's mother, who he brought along a couple of years ago.

Quite apart from that, if anyone is actually stupid enough to believe this story in the way it is presented, they would also have to believe that our captain is the most powerful person in the organisation and a total S.O.B - do you honestly think for a second that the people running the show, from owner, to president to GM to coaches to the players would let the captain refuse to let the dying mother of one of his team-mates take part in a major team activity simply because he wants his father to have one last jolly before he retires (despite having told anyone willing to listen that he doesn't want to retire & the fact that he is still possibly the top line centre and playing at a high level)? And then decide he didn't actually want to see his Dad after all? Were this true not on only would it be the biggest PR disaster the club has had since Mr I took over, but also it would represent a total breakdown in morality from every influential figure in the organisation, one which despite recent on ice struggles, has deservedly garnered a reputation for being incredibly loyal, acting with a general degree of class, prioritising family and family relationships above all else, looking after its players and endlessly embracing gestures to players, their families and to the families of ex-players.

To be totally unambiguous, this is poisonous story based at best on massive conjecture around Chinese whispers, filtered through personal emnity, written by a bad amateur hack (who incidentally sounds even more nuts on his podcast) whose site is mostly populated with personal attacks. He has no interest in balanced honest reporting, and barely pretends to be either.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I think anyone watching body language and listening to interviews could garner that Z & Blash may not see eye to eye on everything - even beyond that there is a clear stylistic clash in terms of play style preferences. Its also hardly surprising that a roster with 3 clear different age ranges with very different experiences of success and coaching etc that is currently at its lowest ebb success wise in nearly 30 years isn't going to be all roses and smiles.

Someone is only 'awesome for rumours' (forgive my UK spelling), when they have more to offer than endlessly unproveable ITK nonsense. The fact that a) his Wings stories often end up bashing the same people and b) they never have evidence beyond Chinese whispers & c) the vast majority of content on his website is bile filled attack pieces on one person or another should be a fairly major warning with anyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together.

And while I may not have 'sources' with the wings, I do from time to time get paid to write about sport, as well as blogging and hosting and producing a sports podcast with a significant listener base, occasionally get to interview sports people, coaches and have a CEO lined up, and will soon be filling a weekly radio slot on a significant station. So I know a fair bit about both journalistic standards, sports reporting, rumour mills and how ITK's work. And while this guy may have picked up on the odd vague snippet, the same as many posters on here, he takes that and then turns it into something utterly disreputable, likely dishonest and totally lacking in credibility.

The kind of sources he claims to have, are the kind that get fired if things like this were true and made the public arena. There is no way that someone with genuine access to this information would tell someone they knew was going to put the most juicy bits on the internet unless they wanted to get fired.

His entire Zetterberg is an ******* premise hangs on "So, if the team were alternating each year...", which is of course not the case and has never been the case in team history, before suggesting the the team captain deliberately blocked a tradition (which turns out to be a non-tradition) in order to snub a team-mate's dying mother so he can have one more drink on the road with his dad, with whom he has enjoyed the pleasure many times, and likely will next year at the very least. To ramp it up we are shown a heart-wrenching picture of a player's mother - who is Zetterberg's mother, who he brought along a couple of years ago.

Quite apart from that, if anyone is actually stupid enough to believe this story in the way it is presented, they would also have to believe that our captain is the most powerful person in the organisation and a total S.O.B - do you honestly think for a second that the people running the show, from owner, to president to GM to coaches to the players would let the captain refuse to let the dying mother of one of his team-mates take part in a major team activity simply because he wants his father to have one last jolly before he retires (despite having told anyone willing to listen that he doesn't want to retire & the fact that he is still possibly the top line centre and playing at a high level)? And then decide he didn't actually want to see his Dad after all? Were this true not on only would it be the biggest PR disaster the club has had since Mr I took over, but also it would represent a total breakdown in morality from every influential figure in the organisation, one which despite recent on ice struggles, has deservedly garnered a reputation for being incredibly loyal, acting with a general degree of class, prioritising family and family relationships above all else, looking after its players and endlessly embracing gestures to players, their families and to the families of ex-players.

To be totally unambiguous, this is poisonous story based at best on massive conjecture around Chinese whispers, filtered through personal emnity, written by a bad amateur hack (who incidentally sounds even more nuts on his podcast) whose site is mostly populated with personal attacks. He has no interest in balanced honest reporting, and barely pretends to be either.

He is the equal and opposite reaction to 20 years of toothless, gutless beat reporting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad