Blargh...help me find that old VS Commercial

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Back in the day VS did a series of awesome commercials, i had em bookmarked on Youtube, but they are gone.

They were tinted Red, and they had a few memorable ones...

There was a Messier one called "The Guarantee" and it goes something like.

1994, with the Rangers down 3 games to 2, Mark Messier guarantees victory...and backs it up, with his stick...or something like that.

then theres a bourque one thats like....Stanley cup engraver finally has to learn to spell bourque...

and another one thats like....Doug Weight breaks arm, lifts cup with his heart.

i LOVED those commercials....shoulda saved em, but like an idiot, i didnt...is there a chance that any other lunatics like me liked those commercials enough to save em?

Uncle Sid

Nov 30, 2007
New Jersey
I know exactly what you are talking about! I remember the Doug Weight one specifically, and i LOVED that commercial. After reading your post I searched for a while and couldn't come up with anything, except that the Bourque commercial was inaccurate, in that Phil Bourque's name was already on the cup so, as many said "the engraver already knew how to spell it."

I am a sucker for a great hockey commercial. I would love to see those again, Ill keep looking. Hopefully someone has them saved!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad