Blaming our goaltenders or blaming the coach, whats new?

NewHabsEra*

Sometimes I wonder if Habs fans really know their hockey.. Year after year, thats the same old song, same old story, Carey Price sucks, our coaching staff is the worst ever blah blah blah blah blah blah...

Whats your probs with Michel Therrien exactly? Is it his fault if our blueline (outside Subban) is filled of bottom pairings defensemen??? Is it his fault if we have a team filled of midgets?? Is it his fault if we have so many key guys injured? Is it him who signed Briere in the off season instead of getting better and bigger? Why is he to blame for saying Eller's comments were unappropriated when we are clearly not in a position to give any teams any kind of motivation to make us look bad? Habs have been badly outshoot most of the games this year, we have no lesson to give to anyone and I think Therrien has been pretty polite toward Eller, some coaches would have been way harsher.. The only blame I have on Therrien so far is that he should have pulled Price at 1:12 deep in the offensive zone last night against Nashville, otherwise I think he does a pretty good job with what he has in hands..

I think its time to look at the ones taking the big decisions that failed to make this team better in the off season, MT and CP are the easy targets, quit being so simplistic..

Michel Therrien is an idiot
Jacques Martin was an idiot
Claude Julien was an idiot
Alain Vigneault was an idiot
and the list goes on..

Last edited by a moderator:

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
Didn't you just make a thread blaming Bergevin by comparing him to Houle?

seriously, such hypocrisy. I'm not a big fan of therrien nor bergevin, but you can't come up with a ridiculous statement like bergevin is the new houle, and than say therrien shouldn't get criticized for his decisions.

NewHabsEra*

Didn't you just make a thread blaming Bergevin by comparing him to Houle?

If you had red my posts in this thread, I clearly said I exagerated the tittle of this thread so that people start looking at MB's questionnable decisions since he took over.. I also said that comparing him to Houle was pure exageration from my part to provoke some reactions no more..

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
If you red my posts in this thread, I clearly said I exagerated the tittle of this thread so that people start looking at MB's questionnable decisions since he took over.. I also said that comparing him to Houle was pure exageration from my part to provoke some reactions..

Never admit to trolling.:sarcasm:

NewHabsEra*

Still, Therrien is getting ton of hate and Ive yet to read some intelligent comments on why he is that bad..

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Still, Therrien is getting ton of hate and Ive yet to read some intelligent comments on why he is that bad..

Summary of this board's complaints against him:
Swarm system is terrible.
Bad bench management
Double-standards on who he holds accountable
Terrible PK
Unable to motivate players for 60 minutes
Doesn't adjust in game

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006

You must not have been paying attention, since I've seen a ton of valid comments/complaints against Therrien.

Bad bench management
Terrible PK
Doesn't adjust in game

Thanks for summing them up Andy. Care to respond NHE?

NewHabsEra*

Bad bench management
Terrible PK
Doesn't adjust in game

I just have a hard time believing another coach could do better with a such roster.. Its so easy to blame a coach or a goaltender when things dont work well.. Coaches have to deal with a ton of factors we dont even know.. And its strange that those points you summarize are the same we hear again and over again no matter who is behind the bench.. thats like a broken record to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

NewbieOfGames

Apr 10, 2013
Québec, CAN
Journalist : how do you explain your team performance in second period? It looks like your team have trouble in the second period.

Therrien: grr, arrr, ugh, uh, rrr, i dont know.

(us): lmfao does he know anyting about his team?

Journalist: how do you judge Price performance tonight?

Therrien: hmmm, urrr, ugh, brr... not his faut.

Journalist: What do you think of the comments Eller made this morning about the oilers...

Therrien:
'stupid'

(us) : lmfao can he put 2 words in a row or actually make a full sentence?

NewHabsEra*

Journalist : how do you explain your team performance in second period? It looks like your team have trouble in the second period.

Journalist: What do you think of the comments Eller made this morning about the oilers...

Therrien:
'stupid'

Thats the way he is after a loss, doesnt look like a guy who wants to be there, thats all..

Apr 28, 2010
My only problem with MT is his undying love for DD and Bouillon. Grow some balls and scratch them.. (no pun).

attachetatuque

un gros bonhomme!
Feb 1, 2013

Therrien:
'stupid'

not sure we watched the same post-game presser....
also unsure about you being allowed to be critical of one's vocabulary

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
It's 9 freaking games into the season !!!!! Relax everyone !!!! There 73, count it, 73 games left !!!

R-E-L-A-X

NewHabsEra*

My only problem with MT is his undying love for DD and Bouillon. Grow some balls and scratch them.. (no pun).

Neither Tinordi or Beaulieu did enough to take Bouillon's place in the line-up, while Bouillon is unspectacular, on the decline and doesnt excel at anything, I thought he wasnt that bad recently being rather reliable defensively.. As for DD, Therrien demoted him, not sure what you want more.. Sit him for one game? The guys' confidence is already pretty low, sitting him would be the ultimate humiliation and Im not sure its in Therrien's interest to bench a guy who is signed 3.5M for the next 4 years, Im not sure Bergevin would be too happy with this.. Actually, if ever they sit him, Im pretty sure that will be a consensus decision between Therrien and Bergevin..

Apr 28, 2010
Neither Tinordi or Beaulieu did enough to take Bouillon's place in the line-up, while Bouillon is unspectacular, on the decline and doesnt excel at anything, I thought he wasnt that bad recently being rather reliable defensively.. As for DD, Therrien demoted him, not sure what you want more.. Sit him for one game? The guys' confidence is already pretty low, sitting him would be the ultimate humiliation and Im not sure its in Therrien's interest to bench a guy who is signed 3.5M for the next 4 years, Im not sure Bergevin would be too happy with this.. Actually, if ever they sit him, Im pretty sure that will be a consensus decision between Therrien and Bergevin..

Sitting a struggling player happens all the time. Brad Richards, Alex Semin, Okposo, Myers, Subban, Eller, and I think Boston scratched Lucic for one game last year too. Sitting in the pressbox can also be a positive thing. Helps you figure out what you need to work on. It also sends a message that no job is safe.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I just have a hard time believing another coach could do better with a such roster.. Its so easy to blame a coach or a goaltender when things dont work well.. Coaches have to deal with a ton of factors we dont even know.. And its strange that those points you summarize are the same we hear again and over again no matter who is behind the bench.. thats like a broken record to me.

Why do you think MacLean won the Jack Adams? How was his team better than ours after losing Spezza, Karlsson, Cowen, Michalek..?

Therrien is not getting the best out of our guys. Outside the EGG line and PK-Markov-Price, who else is playing well?? But I'm guessing you think it's all on the players? It's their fault? Well then why is Therrien there?

He's done very little. He had the whole training camp to come up with different line combinations but instead used it to evaluate a bunch of guys that were not going to make our lineup anyways.
He's had a double standard as well, Eller was scratched after one game last year. It's not like Eller deserved it either, the whole team looked like crap, but he was singled out. This year, DD who's been struggling since last year and only has one tiny assist to his name, still gets to play around 15min and PP time.
He still barely uses his Norris winner on the PK. He uses Bouillon as much as him at times. He gives Markov more responsibilities.

Last year, he was lucky to be in a short season. We likely would have had a downward spiral possibly finishing outside the POs. It's the same reason why we seem to be struggling thus far in the later periods. He's bad at in game adjustments. He always was.

You're right, he's not the reason why we struggle sometimes. You can't pin everything on him, you can't pin everything on the GM either, or the goalie, or the defense, or the offense. That's why it's called a team sport, everybody is in it together.
But I disagree that he's getting the best out of our team, I don't agree with his player management nor am I a fan of his tactics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad