Blake's Mid Season report

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Well just read Blake's mid season report on NHL.com the Kings are doomed. Blake said that Todd will remain the coach for the remainder of this season and the other thing he said was that he is pleased with PLD's performance so far. To me this tells me that Blake is incompetant PLD is performing nowhere near the 8.5 million he is making, especially when you look at Vilardi the player he gave up for PLD who is racking points big time. What we have to look forward to is more of the same of what is going on right now. By next week the KIngs will be out of the playoff picture.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Well just read Blake's mid season report on NHL.com the Kings are doomed. Blake said that Todd will remain the coach for the remainder of this season and the other thing he said was that he is pleased with PLD's performance so far. To me this tells me that Blake is incompetant.
He said what he's supposed to say.

I never understand why people take management's word literally.

Even if he hates PLD's play, and he plans on firing Todd, he's not going to come out and say it publicly.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I don't understand how people that want Blake and Todd fired struggle to understand, this gets much worse before it gets any better.

Additional assets are going to be sent out at the trade deadline, prospects are going to continue to waste away in Ontario, PLD is now an achor attached to the Kings cap for the next 7 years, the Kings are going to keep losing and struggling, Kopitar and Doughty likely play out their contracts as shells of the former players they were.

For Blake and Todd to get fired, the Kings aren't making the playoffs for at least a couple if years.

There will be nothing left after these two are gone, if and when that happens.
Prepare for pain because the next few years may be tough for Kings fans.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I don't understand how people that want Blake and Todd fired struggle to understand, this gets much worse before it gets any better.

Additional assets are going to be sent out at the trade deadline, prospects are going to continue to waste away in Ontario, PLD is now an achor attached to the Kings cap for the next 7 years, the Kings are going to keep losing and struggling.
For Blake and Todd to get fired, the Kings aren't making the playoffs for at least a couple if years.

Pain is coming regardless, Blake and Luc's dumbass decisions have made sure of that. The hope is to get someone else in the seat to start the slow organizational turnaround out of this disaster

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

Additional assets are going to be sent out at the trade deadline, prospects are going to continue to waste away in Ontario, PLD is now an achor attached to the Kings cap for the next 7 years, the Kings are going to keep losing and struggling, Kopitar and Doughty likely play out their contracts as shells of the former players they were.

You make it sound like this is bad?

The rebuild was never completed and some major pieces of the rebuild given away for basically free.
The next 2 years should be used to stockpile picks and boost the coming rebuild.
What to do with PLD i don't know... i would waive him before NTC kicks in or Press Box for 7 years
to keep his attitude away from the team

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

It's been tough for ten years and counting...

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
1705695461958.gif

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Pain is coming regardless, Blake and Luc's dumbass decisions have made sure of that. The hope is to get someone else in the seat to start the slow organizational turnaround out of this disaster
I don't mind enduring bad sesons for a bit as long as the decisions on player personel are correct and will improve the team with a period of time. But what Luc and Blake are doing clearly shows they don't have a clue on how to build a good team and the longer they are in charge the longer it takes to correct this ship.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

It's coming regardless.

Horrible drafting
Horrible trades
Horrible development choices
Horrible coaching hires
Horrible support position hiring

There is no way out of it. We want it to happen yesterday, because the sooner it happens the sooner we can begin the process of correcting the disaster that has been the Rob Blake era as Kings GM.

Most people were here 18 years ago the last time there was a purging, people understand it is going to take time. We understand the Kings are probably 4-5 years away from contending under a new GM. That is sure better than being 6-7 years away if Blake is fired two years from now, and that's not even factoring in any additional damage he may do from now until then (trading more 1sts, trading more prospects, making more bad signings)

You don't let the cancer go untreated because you are afraid of the short term effects of the radiation or chemo.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I still think the bigger problem is Luc.

I still think that Blake was tasked with getting another run with the carcass of the cup teams (no evidence but his tone etc has meant I’ve always believed that). For me his initial rebuild plan was solid and I think he was ready for it when he got the green light.

Then the rebuild ended too soon and I think that came from above his head. That’s not to say Blake hasn’t made errors, far from it, but I think the errors started from a poor strategy above him.

The biggest error is currently happening - not changing things immediately.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I still think the bigger problem is Luc.

I still think that Blake was tasked with getting another run with the carcass of the cup teams (no evidence but his tone etc has meant I’ve always believed that). For me his initial rebuild plan was solid and I think he was ready for it when he got the green light.

Then the rebuild ended too soon and I think that came from above his head. That’s not to say Blake hasn’t made errors, far from it, but I think the errors started from a poor strategy above him.

The biggest error is currently happening - not changing things immediately.
I don't think Blake is bad at executing moves.

What's in question is the direction of the franchise, and we don't really know who gets to make that decision.

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
Blake is a complete failure and this team is a spineless dumpster fire that’s on the verge of a no playoff season.

Reactions: jgs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad