Value of: Blake Wheeler

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Blake’s stats speak for themselves, one of the best RW in the nhl.

Age 31

Contract status: 1 year term at 5.6 million.

Captain of the Jets.

Last year career high 91 points.

What would you give up from your team to get him? I’m not advocating to trade him, just want to see how people view him & value him.

Reactions: 10Ducky10 and BHD

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Is there no chance of the Jets retaining him? It seems like it would be pretty difficult, but I don't know the exact situation with expiring contracts and the like.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
This is a hard one because he will be asking for like 49mil over 7. He will be older and you know the last 2 or 3 years of the deal qill be rough. I personally love the guy and would want him on the cbj buuuutttttttt the cost to get him will be high and the actual cost to financially keep him after will be higher.

Id say make an offer on what you want from the cbj in return just to maybe have a conversation but I have a feeling most teams fans would be mostly where I am here

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Is there no chance of the Jets retaining him? It seems like it would be pretty difficult, but I don't know the exact situation with expiring contracts and the like.

One year retaining on him is possible for a price of course.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
If he makes it clear he doesn't want to resign I'd trade him for something around a 1/2 c with term at the deadline.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
The price would have to be pretty crazy, I think. What does Winnipeg even need? Just Hellbuyck to be the real deal and Trouba to extend?

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
I’d love to have him on the blues but there is nothing I’d offer that would be acceptable and the blues couldn’t afford to keep him

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
This offer probably isnt that good but just putting something out there.

I'd give kadri+zaitsev+2019 1st for wheeler. The cap would be a issue for the jets with 9 million coming in and only 5.6 going out. Value wise kadri+1st should be good value for a rental but adding zaitsev runs it in terms of cap wise for the jets.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
I'd re-sign him, he can teach the young jets and specifically Laine some humility and maturity. Laine would also benefit from lesser competition (while playing on the 2nd line) as he watches the Captain on the 1st line.

Reactions: north49er

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
And what team do you think would move a 1/2 C with term for a pending UFA. Not many if any at all. Good player but as a rental he would not hold that kind of value.
I know. Was just tiring with idea. If he hasn't signed and no time is willing to offer a player of his caliber than we'd probably be better off keeping him for a playoff run unless by some miracle we're out of the playoffs.

Reactions: go4hockey

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Does it all depend on what they do with Trouba? I read a rumour that the Jets in the future might be willing to load up their cap on forwards and less on D-men?

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Wheeler is damn good but I'm not sure he would return a package worth what he is worth to the Jets.

On the Jets, he was probably their best player all things considered last year (their most valuable probably being Hellebuyck)

Any rebuilding team that will be trading younger players, probably rather keep those guys in their cost-controlled years and competing moving forward.

He would only really make sense on a couple teams. Maybe a team like Boston with Donato++. The team with the best C prospect I could see in some remote scenario being interested is Florida with Borgstrom+.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Seems like a mistake in the making. Wheeler seems to be a good captain and the teams best player.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
lets trade him and trouba to phx for OEL and 1st ! pending both re sign long term of course

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
This offer probably isnt that good but just putting something out there.

I'd give kadri+zaitsev+2019 1st for wheeler. The cap would be a issue for the jets with 9 million coming in and only 5.6 going out. Value wise kadri+1st should be good value for a rental but adding zaitsev runs it in terms of cap wise for the jets.

Why would the Leafs move Kadri + Zaitsev + 1st for a winger? Especially a RW...

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Th only reason the Jets would trade him is because they have so many contracts expiring and can't afford everyone, so it'd have to be picks and prospects.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Wheeler is damn good but I'm not sure he would return a package worth what he is worth to the Jets.

On the Jets, he was probably their best player all things considered last year (their most valuable probably being Hellebuyck)

Any rebuilding team that will be trading younger players, probably rather keep those guys in their cost-controlled years and competing moving forward.

He would only really make sense on a couple teams. Maybe a team like Boston with Donato++. The team with the best C prospect I could see in some remote scenario being interested is Florida with Borgstrom+.

He's worth the same thing on the jets as he is to any other team
Which is why It would be very likely he gets traded unless the jets decide ripping themselves off is a good idea or another team accepts it over pay

Mar 26, 2010
Not sure why the Jets do this. The only reason is to get younger. I assume they would be looking for youth in a trade as Opposed to 31 + aging players.

I believe he is worth more to the Jets to mentor the young bucks, than to any other team.

Reactions: libertarian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad