Blake Wheeler tells reporter to **** off when asked about elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
That's a perfectly reasonable and common response. Is it polite? Nope, but I'm sure a ton of people have used that response to a question like that.

I hate how people put athletes, politicians, or celebs on higher pedestals for their actions.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
That's a perfectly reasonable and common response. Is it polite? Nope, but I'm sure a ton of people have used that response to a question like that.

I hate how people put athletes, politicians, or celebs on higher pedestals for their actions.
Maybe because athletes, politicians, and celebrities are the only people being interviewed in most cases more than once or twice?

Wheelers team got walloped and he couldnt stand having someone tell him the truth which was his team not giving it their all

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
I know it's the media's job to report, but seriously what good is it trying to get answers out of a team that just lost.

When that reporter doesn't win the Pulitzer this year. I'd love to for Blake to show up at his office and ask "What went wrong? Didn't you give it your best?"

Reactions: Peanut Butter

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
More like whispered it. He didn't wanna say it, it just slipped out. Hopefully we're one step closer to seeing someone going all the way off on one of these snarky reporters.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I just now saw the actual question word for word. Not surprised by that response one dam bit. I’m hindsight probably not the most professional response but it wasn’t exactly a professional question. If you’re not gonna respect the players they won’t respect you.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Blake Wheeler representing just himself: say whatever you want.

Blake Wheeler representing his employers business: class it up and remember you are a professional.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
sometimes people forget that there are two extremely high level teams out there, and sometimes one team plays VERY good making the other team look poor.

i have no issue with what wheeler said and i wish other players would echo his words when asked similar (dumb) questions in similar situations.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Understandable response but also a perfectly reasonable question.

Not like the reporter was like "how'd you guys go out and f***in' suck so bad tonight?"

Jets played like garbage. At some point somebody has to ask why they played like garbage.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Blake Wheeler is the embodiment of PC culture lol
A captain is so offended by a basic question he tells someone to **** off, not to mention the guy is a rabid SJW lmao.

Wheeler is a snowflake that got offended when he found out that the friendly media guy wasn't his friend. #triggered

983 others

Aug 26, 2009
Perfect representation of the complete disaster that is the Jets lockerroom.

Wheeler is the perfect “leader” for that team.

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Let me see if I got this right, he's pissed off because he failed at something he really really wanted to do, and now he has to answer questions about said crushing failure and, well, not sure I can blame him for being a tad bit salty

Pass given. See you next year, cuz that's a damn good team and they WILL be in the playoffs again next year.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That reporter is annoying as hell and totally deserves it as far as i'm concerned.

I was actually about to ask about the reporter's rep when I saw this comment. Sounded like he was really fishing for exactly that kind of reaction.

Zero problem with Wheeler's comment given context.

Reactions: amethyst
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad