Blake Wheeler tells reporter to **** off when asked about elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

Media member: In the elimination game, you guys probably expected your best, right? What happened?

Wheeler: "(Expletive) off. Please, come on, man. I mean, like, you know, this is a tough trophy to win and maybe our best wasn’t good enough today. And their best was pretty darn good. In situations like that you look for the resolve in your group — you look for how guys fight and we played until the last whistle, so that’s the way I see it."

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I'm not sure how the reporter could have expected any other reaction with how he asked that question.

The Jets had 6 shots on goal after 2 periods in an elimination game, 1 shot on goal in the second period. I think it was a fair question given that.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I would not want a microphone in my face after an elimination game. These guys that answer the bell, captains and coaches...deserve a ton of credit. You have to have gone through this to understand what it is like. Most of these reporters, while good at their jobs, have never experienced anything like this. It is soul crushing for teams like the Jets, Flames, Tamps and the Pens. Soul crushing...

Thumbs up to all those who do this after games.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Not the most ideal PC response but I can't imagine a guy like Wheeler was in the best frame of mind at that particular time for this kind of question.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Seems like the reporter was being a smart ***. You ask those questions to coach that night, not the players. If you want an answer, wait a few days and let everyone cool off.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I would love to see the reaction of any of you who go through an absolute crap day at work and then get a microphone shoved in your face and asked "what happened"??

Yes I know they are pro athletes that's part of the job, especially as captain blah blah blah. But just try to picture yourself in their shoes for a minute.

I'm fine with it. What do you want? A guy to laugh and say "yah we really blew it"? Just a reporter looking for clicks, that is the state of journalism these days unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad